PDA

View Full Version : Craters in BoB

XyZspineZyX
11-17-2003, 09:24 PM
Hey folks...

I know that someone has already sugested, long time ago, for FB. BUt maybe we can be lucky and have it in BoB.

I'm talking about craters, that would do the bombs when you drop them. Imaging, taking out an entire airfield with a succesfull bomb run.

If they do it, we should have Options to turn them On or Off, like so, if there's only 1 airfield in an ONLINE game, you will still be able to take off, just like FB does. But for Coops or some other stuff like that that may appear in BoB... we really should get such Land Damages.

We could also take out roads & rail roads in a time. We actually got bombs that only affects Objects. Why not the ground as well?

I think it would add lot more realisim to the sim if we could have these craters added to it.

S~

XyZspineZyX
11-17-2003, 09:24 PM
Hey folks...

I know that someone has already sugested, long time ago, for FB. BUt maybe we can be lucky and have it in BoB.

I'm talking about craters, that would do the bombs when you drop them. Imaging, taking out an entire airfield with a succesfull bomb run.

If they do it, we should have Options to turn them On or Off, like so, if there's only 1 airfield in an ONLINE game, you will still be able to take off, just like FB does. But for Coops or some other stuff like that that may appear in BoB... we really should get such Land Damages.

We could also take out roads & rail roads in a time. We actually got bombs that only affects Objects. Why not the ground as well?

I think it would add lot more realisim to the sim if we could have these craters added to it.

S~

XyZspineZyX
11-18-2003, 03:12 AM
I seem to be the only one who thinks it's a good idea. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-18-2003, 04:04 AM
Bumpity bump bump bang goes my 109 over a moon scaped airfield and prop first into a crater with collapsed under carriage.

To have bombs actually damage fields for a period of time would be great for scripted online game play. You could then show the craters filled in but at least have it so a bomber can actually damamge a field and prevent aircraft from taking off.

Would give more meaning to bombing missions and more emphasis on air field defense.

XyZspineZyX
11-18-2003, 06:32 AM
Then add a bulldozer with cockpit that you can pilot to do emergency strip repair so you can get your teams planes in the air again.

Then you get straffed while in the dozer.....

XyZspineZyX
11-18-2003, 05:46 PM
CrackFerret wrote:
- Then add a bulldozer with cockpit that you can pilot
- to do emergency strip repair so you can get your
- teams planes in the air again.
-
- Then you get straffed while in the dozer

LOL.. that's a good idea too... hehehe. Don't think that 1C Madox games will ever make 'Playable' ground vehicles. That would be real fun though.

Thinking of it.. CFS3 now has jeeps, so you can drive around. Are they taking back some ground against Ubi Soft?

I think that if Microsoft makes such improvements, they'll catch Ubi Soft somewhen if Ubi doesn't improve as well. BUt that may take a while, since the FM & DM in CFS3 still crappy. But Microsoft knows what people wants and thet got lot of $ as well. They might come with a CFS4 somewhen and beat out Ubi if Ubi doesn't go further on in the developements.

I think Craters would be one of the 1st step to make to involve.

S~

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2003, 07:36 PM
Good idea. I think it would be nice to generalise it so that were areas of ground deadly to a plane trying to land or take off (craters, forest, barricaded areas ) areas where a belly landing was possible (rough ground, ploughed fields) areas where a wheels down landing was possible but risky (meadows, beaches) and areas ideal for takeoff and landing (landing strips, airfields).

In FB, huge expanses of open land are appropriate, but the landscape and agriculture of South of England and the coast of France are much more mixed and it would make aquiring engine trouble so much more interesting as you desparately hunt for a postage-stamp sized field you can put your crate down in!

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2003, 11:33 PM
Reason we haveāĀ“nt got it now I believe is it would be too heavy for our comps...

But I agree totally, we must get this for BoB it would very much make a more fun online experience I believe...

GREAT IDEA!!!