PDA

View Full Version : We're having an Q&A with Aymar Aza´zia on March 21st 3pm EST on the AC subreddit!

Turul9
03-19-2017, 05:28 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm a Moderator on www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed

It's been a long time since I've posted around here (my profile, haha http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1299192-Turul? ), but I'm just popping in to let you know we're having and Q&A over on the Assassin's Creed subreddit this Tuesday March 21st, 3pm EST. Aymar Aza´zia is the Head of Content on AC and was a big part of the production on the film! He'll likely be answering a lot of questions related to the film, but he been with the franchise since the Ezio era so he's quite knowledgeable.

I'm not sure if many of you are part of the subreddit, but if you feel like participating an account is free and easy (No email required) or you can just follow along! I hope our communities can be a little closer in the future, and this could be the very start!

Here's a link to our announcement: https://tinyurl.com/lbcldyw

Hope to see some of your there! Cheers!

Black_Widow9
03-19-2017, 09:55 PM
Hey Turul9!

Nice to see you again. ;)

Appreciate you giving the AC Forums community the chance to hop onto the Q&A too.

SixKeys
03-20-2017, 12:10 AM
Perhaps worth stickying the thread?

Sorrosyss
03-20-2017, 01:44 PM
Thats cool. I'll try and throw some questions in. Bit sad though, the forums could desperately have used an event like this to try and kickstart some life into it.

NondairyGold
03-20-2017, 07:31 PM
The sad fact of the matter is that the subreddit sees more traffic than the official forum.

Sigma 1313
03-22-2017, 01:49 AM
Hey Aymar, I saw in the AMA that you said that the movie made Discovery non-cannon? If so, what happened to Ezio during that time frame?

SixKeys
03-22-2017, 02:08 AM
Hey Aymar, I saw in the AMA that you said that the movie made Discovery non-cannon? If so, what happened to Ezio during that time frame?

This really bothered me as well. Wasn't sure if he just meant that they had planned for the movie and Discovery to fit together better in terms of timeline but ultimately had to make compromises, or if he literally meant Discovery is no longer part of the canon. Hope we will get an answer.

ze_topazio
03-22-2017, 02:21 AM
I think he said that Discovery has been literally removed from the official canon, meaning Ezio never visited Spain in that period.

SixKeys
03-22-2017, 04:20 AM
I think he said that Discovery has been literally removed from the official canon, meaning Ezio never visited Spain in that period.

That's really weird. Is there something in the movie that contradicts the events of Discovery then? (I haven't played the game)

Sigma 1313
03-22-2017, 05:51 AM
Not that I remember. In January of 1492 Ezio rescues Boabdil (King Mohamed), and then suggests he surrenders Granada to the Spanish. Ultimately the movie shows that Granada and the apple were surrendered so the Boabdil could save his son. This does not really contradict the movie though. Ezio later tries to assassinate Torquemeda, but fails. Nothing that really goes against the movie.

Basic plot of Discovery:
>Ezio is tracking Savonarolla, and is called away by the thieves to Venice.
>Ezio is contracted to help Cristoffa in Spain
>Ezio initially refuses but agrees on learning Rodrigo Borgia is there
>Ezio travels to Barcelona, rescues an assassin and kills a Templar
>Ezio travels to Zaragoza, rescues an assassin, kills a templar
>Ezio travels to Granada, rescues Boabdil
>Ezio kills some templars and meets Queen Isabella, Helping Cristoffa get his patronship for a voyage.
>Ezio attempts to kill Tomas de Torquemeda, fails, leaves Spain

You can read more on my timeline of missions around page 25. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_wz25dQyQRtNH-TlJ_curDXoyXKNkwWuaLXCWfNTy6o/edit?usp=sharing