PDA

View Full Version : Good visibility is half the battle.

Gerd_Schopfel
09-14-2004, 07:06 AM
I heard that the weather will be dynamic for SHIII, what does that trully mean?...Those it mean the weather changes from stormy to calm and sunny to rainny throught out the same mission?...that would be owesome. I've never played a game that models changing weather patterns.
I have a feeling this game will be extremely ADDICTIVE!

One more thing. The weather in the North Atlantic till this day, changes rapidly...with many days of bad visibility. Will this be modeled in SHIII? I sure hope so

~Good visibility is half the battle~
-Motto of U-boat crews

Gerd_Schopfel
09-14-2004, 07:06 AM
I heard that the weather will be dynamic for SHIII, what does that trully mean?...Those it mean the weather changes from stormy to calm and sunny to rainny throught out the same mission?...that would be owesome. I've never played a game that models changing weather patterns.
I have a feeling this game will be extremely ADDICTIVE!

One more thing. The weather in the North Atlantic till this day, changes rapidly...with many days of bad visibility. Will this be modeled in SHIII? I sure hope so

~Good visibility is half the battle~
-Motto of U-boat crews

TASKFORCE1x1
09-14-2004, 07:24 AM
It will be as real as real gets. Seen the lightning in the storm video? Clear days,sun and moon changes. This will be great to see when SHIII comes out in 1Q 2005

Keep on Smiling'

lonewulf44
09-14-2004, 07:59 AM
Agreed, one thing that I'm really hoping for is an addictive game that has an environment that is so perfect and so sweet to look at that its half the fun just to 'sail the seven seas'. I'm really looking for a night time thunderstorm, with a clouded moon. Strike fast and hard in the storm, then as you leaving, watch from the periscope the pretty tanker flames! Oh how this game needs to come out!

Long Live Prussia

bausbis23
09-14-2004, 08:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lonewulf44:
Agreed, one thing that I'm really hoping for is an addictive game that has an environment that is so perfect and so sweet to look at that its half the fun just to 'sail the seven seas'. I'm really looking for a night time thunderstorm, with a clouded moon. Strike fast and hard in the storm, then as you leaving, watch from the periscope the pretty tanker flames! Oh how this game needs to come out!

Long Live Prussia<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wonder if your eels stay on course in the storm though.

sav112
09-14-2004, 08:19 AM
If the weather is as good as suggested, i can see a few of us sitting about basking in the scenery.

Diary: April 12 1942

It was such a nice night, the stars were out and the water flat calm as we kept our course. A few ships passed us by, tankers by the looks of it but it was such a nice night to spoil it with smoke and flames.

April 16 1942

A storm has hit us from the south, sea hight 20 feet at times, found those tankers and on there trail. Crashing through the waves rain in our faces, the weather has improved since april the 12.......

Gerd_Schopfel
09-14-2004, 10:37 AM
sav112 wrote:
Diary: April 12 1942

It was such a nice night, the stars were out and the water flat calm as we kept our course. A few ships passed us by, tankers by the looks of it but it was such a nice night to spoil it with smoke and flames.
-------------------------------------
Yeah right, I don't believe that one bit. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/784.gif

U-551 Kapitan
09-14-2004, 11:44 AM
I only just saw a really cool mod for Grand Theft Auto. It made the weatehr ingame to change according to what was happening outside your window! Apparently it goes on a weather website to check the weather and changes it accordingly. Imagine, it's a sunny day outside and then the clouds set in. Then the same happens ingame. It begins to rain heavy. The same thing happens ingame. It thunders, the same thing happens ingame. I think someone should try and do this as a mod when SHIII comes out.

Torpedo incoming off the port bow!
We want a demo!!!

Fenrir383
09-14-2004, 12:08 PM
i really want to know how the clouds will appear in this game. will we see clouds in the distance that come our way? or will it go from flat calm to stormy sea in seconds? i want to see the storm approaching, see the lighting and hear the thunder away in the distance, then as it gets closer things get louder and you hear more wind. is this possible?

Boatfull
09-15-2004, 09:57 PM
I am reminded of that scene in Das Boot where
the captain is looking through the scope in bad
weather and all of sudden he sees a destroyer steaming
right at him. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif