PDA

View Full Version : Faction War Number Game

KotoKuraken
03-14-2017, 05:23 PM
So the Faction War, as I believe it, goes off of the assets obtained by the number of players fighting for a certain faction.

I think this is unbalanced, mainly because if all the players simply migrate to one faction, that faction is going to win most of the time. Instead, use assets based off of percentage, not by sheer number of players. This would allow the average number of active players per faction to have a chance at winning, and it would also be a great device in getting players to consider the other factions

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-14-2017, 05:35 PM
So the Faction War, as I believe it, goes off of the assets obtained by the number of players fighting for a certain faction.

I think this is unbalanced, mainly because if all the players simply migrate to one faction, that faction is going to win most of the time. Instead, use assets based off of percentage, not by sheer number of players. This would allow the average number of active players per faction to have a chance at winning, and it would also be a great device in getting players to consider the other factions

War assets are based of of percentage, the less active players in one faction, the more assets each player gets in that faction.

KotoKuraken
03-14-2017, 05:47 PM
So essentially what you're saying is, if the faction has more players in its faction base, then if everyone is afk, the afk faction benefits more.

That, by definition, is the wrong way to encourage an active playerbase. It punishes the players who actually play the game

SirCorrino
03-14-2017, 05:56 PM
So essentially what you're saying is, if the faction has more players in its faction base, then if everyone is afk, the afk faction benefits more.

That, by definition, is the wrong way to encourage an active playerbase. It punishes the players who actually play the game

It means that, if 50% of the active players are Samurai, and the Vikings and Knights have 25% each of the active player base then Vikings and Knights will gain twice as much per player as the Samurai.

The only ******** thing about the Faction War is the comeback mechanic that let the Samurai go from having 7 territories 3 turns before the end of the round to winning the round by getting a massive boost to their %s for those remaining 3 turns. That needs to be changed and instead have it so that the faction with the highest average number of territories held is the winner of a round.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-14-2017, 05:59 PM
It means that, if 50% of the active players are Samurai, and the Vikings and Knights have 25% each of the active player base then Vikings and Knights will gain twice as much per player as the Samurai.

The only ******** thing about the Faction War is the comeback mechanic that let the Samurai go from having 7 territories 3 turns before the end of the round to winning the round by getting a massive boost to their %s for those remaining 3 turns. That needs to be changed and instead have it so that the faction with the highest average number of territories held is the winner of a round.

Bingo.

iLL_M3GA
03-15-2017, 02:41 AM

Funny how people of the other factions are now *****ing about how broken the faction war mechanics are after having the same thing happen to them that the samurai faction had happen to them at the end of the first round. Yeah my faction won the last round, but I still think the system is broken and needs some tweaks and incentives in place to make it feel more rewarding and meaningful.

I made a similar thread with balance suggestions for the faction war as well, peep it out.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1606531-Faction-War-Balance-Ideas?