PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit discrepencies

XyZspineZyX
07-18-2003, 11:58 PM
a couple of aircraft i have noticed have differing internal and external views, for example look at the mig 3 with two shvak canons, inside view you have a one piece moulded front windscreen, however you look outside and theres clearly a three piece forward screen, i presume the front framed piece is armoured and two cheek pieces as a standard fighter front, u can also look at the early lagg 3 and internal shows a regular reflector site but the external also shows an iron sight.

just a couple of points to correct

XyZspineZyX
07-18-2003, 11:58 PM
a couple of aircraft i have noticed have differing internal and external views, for example look at the mig 3 with two shvak canons, inside view you have a one piece moulded front windscreen, however you look outside and theres clearly a three piece forward screen, i presume the front framed piece is armoured and two cheek pieces as a standard fighter front, u can also look at the early lagg 3 and internal shows a regular reflector site but the external also shows an iron sight.

just a couple of points to correct

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 06:56 AM
You are right about the Mig 3 not having corresponding external/interal views, but I checked every model of the Lagg 3 (and 5) and don't see an iron sight in the external view of any of them. I don't believe that it is totally uncommon to have both an iron sight and reflector sight, as int he early P-47s and P-40's.

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 11:17 AM
your right i was mistaken, i actually meant the P40 from the external there is clearly an iron sight outside of the cockpit slightly offset from the internal sight, yet from the internal view you cannot see the iron sight