PDA

View Full Version : I still believe in you for honor!!!

Dukester321
03-14-2017, 08:48 AM
Ok so, the game is broken. Its dying. Its almost dead.

BUT

I don't think its over yet. Ubisoft can still pretty much fix the major issues and come out with some new things that will improve the game. So instead of making another bashing thread, I figured, why not give them some idea. So help me out guys... lets talk about what we'd like to see fixed or added to the game. But like in a realistic manner. Not **** like Warfield which clearly would take forever for them to code it up and add within the next month.

#1 Connection. Either get servers or if servers are really not doable for this game, then implement a MAJOR way to keep people from quitting games. Matter of fact. take away the quit game option. Let them have to close the game if they want to get out so bad, and if they want to try to log in again right afterwards then longer queues like in a moba. Hell add the reliability system MOBAs have. You d/c a lot on purpose or bc of ur connection? then u have to wait. LONG. I think its a good gamble to risk losing ****ty quitters than the whole game's base over this issue. unless you guys have a better idea. But honestly, it seems to work for games like DOTA and LoL and pretty much any other major MOBA ive played. I dont think u should be worried about losing little young players, bc those games are infested with them and they seem to have learned to respect the system there so why not try it here.

#2 Ranked matches. It doesn't have to be well polished at first (you guys could take your time after you release the first version). It just needs to be added so people don't lose interest and play the game unfairly. It should be strict in terms of gear or have it like the gear stats don't matter like duels. It should definitely be even more enforced in terms of quitting the game.

#3 Merge Regions. The game is bleeding out? **** it, get all of North America together, or even more put NA with SA(South America) Europe with West Asia. etc. The game has a connection issue, but I think the real problem is the rage quitters. If you can fix that, you already took away 60% of the problems. With a NO LEAVE policy in place, you can easily merge regions so we'll have more people together. Then soon everyone will start to come back and you guys will have more options.

I know maybe 50% of that stuff is not realistically feasible. Especially if you guys really are without numbers there in the developing team. But its either a big fix comes our way soon or this game is really going to die out. And I personally will never buy ubisoft again... I know people say that a lot around here, theyre probably kids, but I never really cared about any particular gaming studios. But when I buy a ps4 just to play a certain game after 2 years without having a system. And then get all excited about the game, and love it at beta. just to drop 400 dollars to play in for the next year or so... and then watch it die the first 2 months of its release... bc the fu/kin company is wasting their time fixing "the Viking maps that had some bugs" its like... wt/f man. how ****ty can ubisoft really be? If I see that logo on a game I wont buy again. UNLESS, theres a big fix within the next month... cause its just bs. its been 3 months and we're all dealing with the same issues from the begining. We just all now synced together and realized that the game turned to sh/t.

Its like why spend money on something that's not gonna last? people are still paying $60 for GTAV and Skyrim. That's what a game should be like.. it doesn't have to last a decade like these guys, but damn.. 2 months. wt/f.

MonsieurMoule
03-14-2017, 08:58 AM
My friends warned me about Ubisoft games, but the BETA sold me the game. Never more.

Dukester321
03-14-2017, 08:58 AM
wow theres no mods in the forums neither huh... the sh/t is infested with Chinese ads.

zide-
03-14-2017, 09:30 AM
I agree on 1 and 2, and I'm sure they will address those. Penalty for quitting would be easy to do; quit and it will be counted as loss and you gain no rewards except in a situation where you were kicked out due network error. Also if you leave and try joining another game, you can only join to the previous session or wait something like 10 minutes before joining to new game.

This is how it works in R6 Siege's ranked mode and it works well. Merging regions however would be a horrible idea with current networking architecture in For Honor, where each player serves as host. This would lead into huge rubber banding and hit detection would be even worse when you have people from all around the world in the same session.

Dukester321
03-14-2017, 02:35 PM
I agree on 1 and 2, and I'm sure they will address those. Penalty for quitting would be easy to do; quit and it will be counted as loss and you gain no rewards except in a situation where you were kicked out due network error. Also if you leave and try joining another game, you can only join to the previous session or wait something like 10 minutes before joining to new game.

This is how it works in R6 Siege's ranked mode and it works well. Merging regions however would be a horrible idea with current networking architecture in For Honor, where each player serves as host. This would lead into huge rubber banding and hit detection would be even worse when you have people from all around the world in the same session.

YES! put the player right back in the game they just quit is also good. And if he quits again 10-15 mins wait.. love it. People will learn and say **** it.. ill wait another 3 mins and take the loss instead of having to wait for 15mins.

And well the merge thing is just an idea if the game gets to the point that it bleed to near death. If you only got 1-2k people online in each sector, then you either call it quits or do something drastic like that. And again the connection issues are 90% rage quitters fault.

Khyron7
03-14-2017, 03:44 PM
What about for players who join with a friend and one gets kicked? Then your constantly waiting for one to finish their game and join. Tough to penalize people for quitting a match when the people u want to enjoy the game with get booted.

Dukester321
03-14-2017, 06:56 PM
What about for players who join with a friend and one gets kicked? Then your constantly waiting for one to finish their game and join. Tough to penalize people for quitting a match when the people u want to enjoy the game with get booted.

The truth is, the game rarely kicks you out, its 90% due to people quitting before the game is over. If the host does it, it tries to make someone else a host, if they cant, everyone gets dropped. Or if too many quit at once, the connection system gets disrupted and everyone gets dropped. So its not really them, its US.

If they quit, then yea they get penalized. why would it be different if you joined with a friend? its actually even worse, bc when 2 people quit it ruins it even more for everybody. But I see what you mean, then you'd have to wait for your friend. But if you quit, you gotta pay the price for it. Just bc you have a buddy or two doesn't make you better than the whole community.

NOW if you just get d/c by the GAME, that's a whole different scenario. That's clearly up to the programmers to add a way for the system to know the difference. I think there should be a way they can tell if someone got kicked off by the server or got d/c due to connection (turning off their ps4/xbox). I think Hosts should be penalized even more (even though you don't know you're the host). Its all a matter of making the community understand, that its better to wait 2-3mins to end a game, than quit and have to wait 10-15 to start another one. No one is really getting that penalized, its a slap on the wrist that eventually will fix the game as a whole. and everyone will think twice before rage quitting again.

MaxeliusAD
03-14-2017, 07:04 PM
Ubisoft can still pretty much fix the major issues and come out with some new things that will improve the game..

I just quote this sentence... Yes, they CAN, but no, they WON'T. That's the difference. They earn money for pay to play project. Will no extra money for any future dlc. So y they work and upgrade something? And yes, ubisoft - scums, never buy their project in future.

Dukester321
03-14-2017, 07:18 PM
I just quote this sentence... Yes, they CAN, but no, they WON'T. That's the difference. They earn money for pay to play project. Will no extra money for any future dlc. So y they work and upgrade something? And yes, ubisoft - scums, never buy their project in future.

Its like why spend money on something that's not gonna last? people are still paying $60 for GTAV and Skyrim. That's what a game should be like.. it doesn't have to last a decade like these guys, but damn.. 2 months. wt/f.