PDA

View Full Version : Please nerf the god damn Warlord already.

Deadlywolf712
03-14-2017, 05:08 AM
Ubisoft takes too long to balance stuff. Freaking nerf this guy already.

xCHUCKNORRIS16x
03-14-2017, 06:37 AM
What about the Warlord makes him OP i actually think the players are pretty well balanced,. no matter who you play as. Warlords have a hard time against vanguards. vanguards have a hard time against assassins, and assassins have hard times against heavy's. Ultimately though its all in how you play your character.

DrExtrem
03-14-2017, 10:16 AM
Warlord ... a hard time against vanguards?

Only if the warlord is playing with on hand tied to the back.

Mr_Gallows
03-14-2017, 10:26 AM
Warlord ... a hard time against vanguards?

Only if the warlord is playing with on hand tied to the back.

lol agreed. The warlord doesn't need huge changes to be balanced, but all the little details currently make up a character that is stronger than everyone else. The headbutt is a bit too safe, considering you have free damage after. His jum attack on the other hand is useless in a fight and only really good as a lead in to headbutt or when chasing people.

My.Insanity
03-14-2017, 11:08 AM
cant understand why always people cry about Warlord nerf... all of his attacks are slow as **** and can be parried easy. And for all who cry about the headbutt.. come on rly.. even if you follow up with a light attack the dmg is a joke.. how about shieldbash/ shoulderbash/ speersweep combo? All of them can be easy followed by Heavy attacks and keep you in a vortex

Mr_Gallows
03-14-2017, 11:19 AM
cant understand why always people cry about Warlord nerf... all of his attacks are slow as **** and can be parried easy. And for all who cry about the headbutt.. come on rly.. even if you follow up with a light attack the dmg is a joke.. how about shieldbash/ shoulderbash/ speersweep combo? All of them can be easy followed by Heavy attacks and keep you in a vortex

Warlord is the strongest character in the game. The developers already talked about it, and he will get a nerf, along with the conquror. My main was a warlord, but switched to raider, at least until they fix the warlord. My warlord is only rank 3, but played him in the beta as well. He is my favorite character, but he needs a nerf.

Gray360UK
03-14-2017, 02:13 PM
Took 3 of us 2 minutes to kill a Warlord last night :D
Not chasing, 2 whole minutes of toe to toe fighting, in which he got Revenge 8 times (so basically was never out of it).
Okay this may be more of a Revenge issue, but a good Warlord + Revenge gear holding off 3 people for 2 solid minutes ... craziest thing I have seen in the game so far.

TwistedSno
03-14-2017, 02:28 PM
What about the Warlord makes him OP i actually think the players are pretty well balanced,. no matter who you play as. Warlords have a hard time against vanguards. vanguards have a hard time against assassins, and assassins have hard times against heavy's. Ultimately though its all in how you play your character.

People like you are the reasons why this game is so unbalanced. I just dont understand how come so many people like you can never seem to see it for yourselfs. A warlord can spam the shi out of headbutt (which seems to track even if you dodge it)into free light attack follow that with Uninterruptible zone attack plus his full block stance makes him OP IN MY OPINION!!

In Dominion I've seen a guy sit on an objective by placing himself in the most claustrophobic area he could find and headbutt into light everyone who came to remove him each time they would try to dodge they would hit a wall or wouldn't have the proper space to fully dodge it then the headbutt would track them and land with the greatest of ease then if he got 2v1 he would use full block to stop all attacks an break our GB's, a free opener like the warden shoulder bash would of helped us but no one on my team picked warden so we got shi on.

Dizzy4213
03-14-2017, 02:52 PM
Warlord is so stupidly broken it's not even funny. He's even worse in 4v4 modes thanks to his godly feats.

Deadly: 15% damage increase.

Flesh Wound: 25% damage reduction.

Tough as Nails: +35 HP

With this alone he has a staggering 233EHP, far surpassing Shugoki at 160. This isn't even factoring in max defence gear either, or better yet, Revenge Mode. To top it all off, he even has the ability to self-revive. What the hell were Ubisoft thinking?

Deadlywolf712
03-14-2017, 05:41 PM
With the Warlord, the ONLY THING you need to do is headbutt. Just turn your brain off, dash forward and press guardbreak.

THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO, and you pretty much auto win. This guy wins every tournaments.

Ubisoft takes too long to balance stuff.

CLaw2017
03-14-2017, 08:48 PM
Not chasing, 2 whole minutes of toe to toe fighting, in which he got Revenge 8 times (so basically was never out of it).
Okay this may be more of a Revenge issue, but a good Warlord + Revenge gear holding off 3 people for 2 solid minutes ... craziest thing I have seen in the game so far.

Had almost the exact same experience.

SplugeKing
03-14-2017, 11:03 PM
Speed kills the warlord ya'll just aren't that good. Headbutt can be dodged and doesn't hardly do any damage. Got news from a player who has two repped heroes, if you are struggling with a certain hero chances are, you aren't very good

TwistedSno
03-14-2017, 11:23 PM
Speed kills the warlord ya'll just aren't that good. Headbutt can be dodged and doesn't hardly do any damage. Got news from a player who has two repped heroes, if you are struggling with a certain hero chances are, you aren't very good

Dude please shut up it has noting to do with speed.

Who did you rep? PK?

DrExtrem
03-14-2017, 11:42 PM

Who did you rep? PK?

Or orochi during week one.

PandaMancan-
03-14-2017, 11:51 PM
With the Warlord, the ONLY THING you need to do is headbutt. Just turn your brain off, dash forward and press guardbreak.

THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO, and you pretty much auto win. This guy wins every tournaments.

Ubisoft takes too long to balance stuff.

damn. I keep hearing this yesterday/today.. you dqn NOT dodge headbutt, the range on it is to wide. I am a pk, rep 7 and I promise it's not about "skill" they can literally repeat it over n over and you cannot doge left nor right nor forward, and we are a counter-class -_-. just saying.

-Panda

SirCorrino
03-14-2017, 11:54 PM
Warlord is king because the game favours defense. That will not change unless they nerf him into oblivion. If they instead tweak mechanics to make the balance between offense/defense more even you will see Warlord become less effective (but then if they don't nerf PK she will be super OP).

Warlord is designed to be good at defense and punishing attackers. That's the whole point of the class, so when the entire meta is centered around that style of fighting of course he will be the strongest. He's built to be the best at that. And that's why 1v1 will never be balanced, the characters are built to be strong in different areas and against different fighting styles. So no matter what the meta is there will be 1 or 2 classes that are better by default, there's no way around it, and trying to keep balancing around 1v1 will kill the 4v4 modes where things (excepting certain characters in Revenge) are pretty balanced right now.

SirCorrino
03-14-2017, 11:56 PM
damn. I keep hearing this yesterday/today.. you dqn NOT dodge headbutt, the range on it is to wide. I am a pk, rep 7 and I promise it's not about "skill" they can literally repeat it over n over and you cannot doge left nor right nor forward, and we are a counter-class -_-. just saying.

-Panda

You can definitely dodge the headbutt, happens relatively often when I decide to duel on my Warlord (I mostly play 4v4 as duels are usually boring). It requires a bit of timing but it's very doable.

DrExtrem
03-15-2017, 12:00 AM
Maybe because the escape window is one frame - again.

Parts of the game really start to turn me off. Be it stuttering on xbox since the last patch - with is getting worse every day (now, the game starts to freeze for several seconds). Cheating bots, guard breaking into my attacks (something the player can not do). Broken heroes (fattys guard is faster up after a parry, than you can punish him with a light attack). Parry Windows, that seem to change on a daily base. Input lag from hell.

Really. It stops being funny.

Warlord is not only overpowered - he is broken. Its not only his headbutt. His passive feats are insanely broken in that combination. 15% more damage on yop of his already devastating heavies (relatively fast heavies), that can not be interrupted? He can trade blows and simply outlive you. Its insanely broken and easy. Just trade damage and survive. Because you can have additional damage reduction AMD extra life.

SplugeKing
03-15-2017, 09:09 PM

Who did you rep? PK?

No it was your mom

Or orochi during week one.

Yours made it number two

I lol at these threads, nothing needs to be nerfed. However, maybe... some of the characters need a little buff, but every character has weaknesses that can be beaten and strengths that need to be played to. The warlord kills with the guardbreak and dies with speed. Not that hard

SplugeKing
03-15-2017, 09:16 PM

Who did you rep? PK?

I hope you know that saying the peacekeeper means you think she is op as well

Havdreng
03-15-2017, 11:57 PM
Yes please balance him He is totally ridiculously powered. Ruins the fun.

Darkxpassenger
03-16-2017, 02:23 PM

Hey dude, was that on the ps4?

Deadlywolf712
03-16-2017, 07:24 PM
Bump. I'm tired of this.

Deadlywolf712
03-16-2017, 07:26 PM
Ubisoft developers don't even read this part of the forum.

They don't freaking listen.

FRAKTICA
03-16-2017, 07:43 PM
Warlord is so stupidly broken it's not even funny. He's even worse in 4v4 modes thanks to his godly feats.

With this alone he has a staggering 233EHP, far surpassing Shugoki at 160. This isn't even factoring in max defence gear either, or better yet, Revenge Mode. To top it all off, he even has the ability to self-revive. What the hell were Ubisoft thinking?

I hope you realize that many of the things you name are mutually exclusive, e.g., can't all be there at the same time...

S8Canadian
03-16-2017, 08:09 PM
I play against him a bunch, I thought since he was nerfed in beta (?) he is no more worse then any of the other heavy turtles.

If you take away revenge issues - I think he may balance out. In fact I don't think they should be tweaking characters at all (except to fix bugs found like possible recovery times, gb times) until revenge is figured out. That will change the way every character plays including the turtles.

S8Canadian
03-16-2017, 08:11 PM
Ive seen a shudoki 1 hit an 3 people at a time in revenge and then finish the fourth. So it seems there are some pretty nasty heavies.

Deadlywolf712
03-17-2017, 01:45 AM
bump

THEPH0NECOMPANY
03-17-2017, 06:02 AM
Agreed i got to rep 2 on warlord before i got disgusted by his i can do everything everyone else can but better design, he needs a nerf to headbutt tracking and all-guard->heavies that charging shield **** is broken too
That being said PK needs a nerf shes the warlord of assassins she does everything the other two do but better, more spammy than zerk and more counter-attacking potential than orochi

These two are one of three very common heroes in tournaments the other being warden cause his shoulder bash vortex ********

phLOxRSA
03-17-2017, 08:09 AM
Warlord main here (REP 3).

Are you guys saying there shouldn't be free openers? If I remember correctly, it's not just the Warlord with free openers. I can however agree that the animation might be slightly too fast to dodge for some, but the speed feels similar to the softfeint of Orochi.

Whats up with Lawbringers unlimited chain? He can unblock able chain you until he runs out of stamina.

DrExtrem
03-17-2017, 08:39 AM
Unlimited chains are another can of worms.

Follow ups should not be able to seamlessly follow up, follow ups. Infinite chain attacks should not exist as well.

phLOxRSA
03-17-2017, 08:54 AM
Thanks for verifying what I thought was either my ping issue or my lack of skill. So unlimited, unblockable, unparryable, undodgeable chains do exist. Once he catches you its choo-choo all the way to half-hp.

Skarik-
03-17-2017, 10:53 AM

The passives that lawbringer should have had on his concept

DrExtrem
03-17-2017, 11:37 AM
Thanks for verifying what I thought was either my ping issue or my lack of skill. So unlimited, unblockable, unparryable, undodgeable chains do exist. Once he catches you its choo-choo all the way to half-hp.

Don't get me wrong. It is legit and in theory, they can be dodged.

But it is still a game breaking issue, because we don't have AI-reflexes.

b1gb4d0rc
03-17-2017, 01:27 PM
I do not agree (my main is Warlord). Warlord is slow, it is a defensive character. The problem is fighting the Warlord, you cannot go headfirst to a Warlord, you have to drain his life slowly with light attacks and movement. If you go crazy against a Warlord, if you try to win him in a resistance game, you will die. Every single time.

To the guy talking about 3 people 2 minutes to kill a Warlord... well that's what the Warlord is made for, I won't tell you how to do it, just that you were doing it wrong...

DrExtrem
03-17-2017, 03:54 PM
I do not agree (my main is Warlord). Warlord is slow, it is a defensive character. The problem is fighting the Warlord, you cannot go headfirst to a Warlord, you have to drain his life slowly with light attacks and movement. If you go crazy against a Warlord, if you try to win him in a resistance game, you will die. Every single time.

To the guy talking about 3 people 2 minutes to kill a Warlord... well that's what the Warlord is made for, I won't tell you how to do it, just that you were doing it wrong...

The problem is, that his damage output is too high for his survivability.

Dizzy4213
03-17-2017, 05:04 PM
I hope you realize that many of the things you name are mutually exclusive, e.g., can't all be there at the same time...

I hope you realise that they aren't. Warlord is capable of having all those passives on at the same time. That's what makes him so damn strong.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-17-2017, 05:56 PM
Warlord main here (REP 3).

Are you guys saying there shouldn't be free openers? If I remember correctly, it's not just the Warlord with free openers. I can however agree that the animation might be slightly too fast to dodge for some, but the speed feels similar to the softfeint of Orochi.

Whats up with Lawbringers unlimited chain? He can unblock able chain you until he runs out of stamina.

But the LB's chain doesn't give guaranteed damage, and the one that does is heavily unsafe on dodge, it is also ungoldy slow.

Deadlywolf712
03-18-2017, 09:42 PM
bump

MonsterDesignz
03-18-2017, 10:36 PM
He doesnt seem op to me. Headbutt I just roll, I never get in anyones face while fighting. If he dashes I light attack or roll. And the Lawbringer is fine how he is as his attacks are everly slow.

Velentix
03-18-2017, 11:01 PM
youre always gonna have people like that. perfect example of when to use your feats. oh wait the feats aren't even closed to balanced? ah well.

Deadlywolf712
03-19-2017, 01:47 AM
bump

DracoAssassinX
03-19-2017, 04:03 PM
The headbutt isn't any worse than LB's spammable push, or the Warden shoulder bash combo. He can get a little tanky, but I don't think his damage is too ridiculous. I haven't seen a warlord tank a hit than oneshot someone like Shoguki.

killerstar737
03-19-2017, 04:44 PM
i agree with you all hes a really stong character, the problem i have is that every warlord i run into just tries to throw me off thats it nothing else.

Mr_Gallows
03-19-2017, 04:53 PM
i agree with you all hes a really stong character, the problem i have is that every warlord i run into just tries to throw me off thats it nothing else.

The warlord is not better at guard breaking, which is what allows him to push people off. The problem is when you are up against someone who just tries to push you off the entire fight. Generally I think push is overpowered for all characters except a few. Some characters have a great degree of control over the push which makes it even worse.

Deadlywolf712
03-19-2017, 05:44 PM
bump

xLeapingLizardx
03-19-2017, 10:01 PM
The headbutt isn't any worse than LB's spammable push, or the Warden shoulder bash combo. He can get a little tanky, but I don't think his damage is too ridiculous. I haven't seen a warlord tank a hit than oneshot someone like Shoguki.

Lawbringers push? There is no guaranteed follow up to it though... Everything he can follow up with can be absolutely countered.
Warden's shoulder charge I'll give you even though you can just roll out.

The problem with the warlords headbutt is the fact that it's pretty safe, lets you get a free hit, and is really fast. It being fast really matters when that warlord has revenge; he can get revenge and do a really quick headbutt for you to fall on the ground free heavy and repeat.

Bob__Gnarly
03-20-2017, 01:09 AM
Lawbringers push? There is no guaranteed follow up to it though... Everything he can follow up with can be absolutely countered.
Warden's shoulder charge I'll give you even though you can just roll out.

The problem with the warlords headbutt is the fact that it's pretty safe, lets you get a free hit, and is really fast. It being fast really matters when that warlord has revenge; he can get revenge and do a really quick headbutt for you to fall on the ground free heavy and repeat.

Headbutt is not safe, I think that should be highlighted. Whenever I fight a Warlord I look to punish his headbutt by side stepping it into a free GB. Or you could just use good spacing and punish it when they whiff it. They soon stop spamming after that.

The only thing that needs attention is when Warlord gets revenge and can knockdown opponents with it. This is not just a Warlord issue though, but an issue with any class with good CC. Conqs, Valk, Warden, etc, etc.

Mr_Gallows
03-20-2017, 03:20 AM
Headbutt is not safe, I think that should be highlighted. Whenever I fight a Warlord I look to punish his headbutt by side stepping it into a free GB. Or you could just use good spacing and punish it when they whiff it. They soon stop spamming after that.

The only thing that needs attention is when Warlord gets revenge and can knockdown opponents with it. This is not just a Warlord issue though, but an issue with any class with good CC. Conqs, Valk, Warden, etc, etc.

Yes, the knock down in revenge mode is bad. If they remove that, it would help a lot.

The headbutt isn't safe, but at close range it is really hard to avoid.

xLeapingLizardx
03-20-2017, 04:55 AM

Well I think the safety comes from the fact that it is so fast it is hard to react to it.
compared to every other push in the game its fast.
Also when I was dueling a warlord he headbutt spammed me 2 rounds and pushed me off one and I tried to dodge out of the way of the headbutt but couldn't... Maybe I was doing something wrong at that point but I guess that's where I get my idea that it is somewhat safe.

Mr_Gallows
03-20-2017, 07:43 PM
I think one of the biggest issues people have with the warlord is his ability to counter their more cheesey moves :)