PDA

View Full Version : Put a cooldown on zone attacks

Gemini-Iceland
03-14-2017, 03:25 AM
This is just ridiculous with revenge and high gear. Like was fighting this PK. A friend hit her in the back while I was in mid swing. Giving her revenge which she popped so I fell down with full health. She does 3 zone attacks in a row and kills both of us before I stand up... Btw after that I fought her again. She killed me in two swings. One for 72 damage and other for 58 or something. Like who play tested this crap!

Zeekoh
03-14-2017, 05:39 PM
Zone attacks take about 50% of your stamina normally. I don't see any point in putting a cooldown on them. They aren't feats. I know Peacekeepers attack fast but I don't think I've ever been hit more than twice by one while knocked down. And that was with normal light attacks coming at me which is way faster than zone attacking. The most you could argue for is an increase in recovery time after the attack.

LoliconSekai
03-14-2017, 05:58 PM
With the current patch Peacekeeper can glitch their zone attacks to recover like instantly if not mistaken, i watched a youtube video where the fella was showing it.

There's no delay at all for the move so what he's saying does make sense though. 0.o

Maybe they should re-patch it soon, i want my Storm & Dusk color back man... =_=

CLaw2017
03-14-2017, 08:43 PM
A cooldown on ZA would make the larger, slower classes worthless.

Mjolnir1337
03-14-2017, 08:57 PM
I think the real issue is unlimited stamina in Revenge. Yes, some classes have ZA as part of their useful kit. I think in everyone's kit its somewhat useful.

The only 2 things im aware of is:
1) PKs can cancel or something that allows them to spam ZA especially when...
2) Revenge gives unlimited stamina.

Fix these 2 and I dont think people will cry about ZA anymore as the stamina cost is big.

DitosX
03-14-2017, 09:17 PM
but larger slower class zone attack is often slow compared to warden for example

SirCorrino
03-14-2017, 09:25 PM
What they need to do is to not allow you to cancel the zone attacks that hit twice after the first hit. PK (and to a lesser extent Nobushi) can really abuse this cancelling to get super fast hard-hitting attacks that are almost impossible to recover from if you get hit once while they are in revenge.

MeArney
03-14-2017, 09:44 PM
Zone attacks take about 50% of your stamina normally. I don't see any point in putting a cooldown on them. They aren't feats. I know Peacekeepers attack fast but I don't think I've ever been hit more than twice by one while knocked down. And that was with normal light attacks coming at me which is way faster than zone attacking. The most you could argue for is an increase in recovery time after the attack.
You haveunlimited stamina in revenge mode. Ive done the same with Valk. Pop revenge and the zoneattack, cancel after the first svipe only to repeat 3 times over. The guydid not know what hit him.
I can only imagine what a PK could accomplish by doing the same. Canceling after first swipe, over and over and over... my answer: Learn to parry. You can beat almost anyone after that, apart from WL because of the block damage feat, which is really annoying in revenge mode

SirCorrino
03-15-2017, 12:07 AM
You haveunlimited stamina in revenge mode. Ive done the same with Valk. Pop revenge and the zoneattack, cancel after the first svipe only to repeat 3 times over. The guydid not know what hit him.
I can only imagine what a PK could accomplish by doing the same. Canceling after first swipe, over and over and over... my answer: Learn to parry. You can beat almost anyone after that, apart from WL because of the block damage feat, which is really annoying in revenge mode

You don't take block damage on parries (even with the feat).