PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie is Bull****

LordEythir
03-12-2017, 09:49 AM
BROKEN af character.

Put tons of time into my main and could never hope to kick as much *** as i do with valk barely ever having played her.
gj ubisoft.

Rhagius
03-12-2017, 10:03 AM
how about you list actual facts on why it is apparently broken instead of making some nonsensical statements.

i could sit here and tell you how broken Lb is, just because i tend to win with him.

valk has long recovery, short throws, rather low Damage output outside of combos ( which won't hit if you fight anyone with some experience), super slow heavies and some really sluggish reactions in control compared to other classes, so which are these massively broken upsides you must be referring to?

Teh1one
03-12-2017, 10:18 AM
S-Tier Warlord - Warden - Valkyrie - Peacekeeper - Conqueror
A-Tier Kensei - Nobushi - Berserker - Orochi - Shugoki
B-Tier Raider - Lawbringer

LordEythir
03-12-2017, 10:23 AM
how about you list actual facts on why it is apparently broken instead of making some nonsensical statements.

i could sit here and tell you how broken Lb is, just because i tend to win with him.

valk has long recovery, short throws, rather low Damage output outside of combos ( which won't hit if you fight anyone with some experience), super slow heavies and some really sluggish reactions in control compared to other classes, so which are these massively broken upsides you must be referring to?

Because it is so obvious none are needed. You state all these drawbacks to her yet I can easily stomp most with her and I havnt even got her to reknown 1.

ArchDukeInstinct
03-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Because it is so obvious none are needed. You state all these drawbacks to her yet I can easily stomp most with her and I havnt even got her to reknown 1.

Have you ever thought that maybe it's just the class that fits your playstyle the best? Maybe you're just meant to be a Valkyrie main. I think you should stop fighting it.

vilpire93
03-12-2017, 10:30 AM
Coming from a Warden, I can agree that I am really good with the Valk as I feel like a Warden with dodge attacks and hard CC. But I have seen Valks that arent even good enough to beat bot lvl 1 lawbringers so its about your own playstyle fitting her good what makes her so strong.

corazondedelfin
03-12-2017, 02:11 PM
S-Tier: Warlord - Warden - Valkyrie - Peacekeeper - Conqueror
A-Tier: Berserker - Nobushi
B-Tier: Kensei - Orochi - Shugoki
C-Tier: Raider - Lawbringer

Thumbs up, but fixed that for you. :rolleyes:

S tier heros are super overpowered, but A tier ones are too... Berserker (infnite combos in a fighting game? are you kidding?) and Nobushi with poison everywhere...

teksuo1
03-12-2017, 03:16 PM
shugoki is on top imo. he's just weird, weird in a way that makes him really strong.

#removeshugoki

DrExtrem
03-12-2017, 04:08 PM
S-Tier Warlord - Warden - Valkyrie - Peacekeeper - Conqueror
A-Tier Kensei - Nobushi - Berserker - Orochi - Shugoki
B-Tier Raider - Lawbringer

Warden can be powerful but relies too much on vortex. Zone attack is too stamina consuming for its damage and if blocked, the warden is in trouble. Upper light can nt br chained beyond teo strikes. He is a-tier, if played good.

Warlord is not only borderline OP. Even without headbut vortex, he has more than enough tools, raw damage and life to obliterate you. S-tier.

PK is a powerhouse, if you can not block her light attacks. Once she starts spamming, you are done for. If you can put her on the defense, you have a small chance. S-tier

Nobushi. Versatile, dot damage everywhere, very fast and hard hitting attacks and highest range ingame. Add high mobility and the s-tier is booked.

Conqueror is a mixed bag. Borderline op with his vortex and if you master his counterattack, you are god. A-tier. Still, he relies too much on the vortex.

Orochi is almost s-tier, if the light spam is executed well. See PK

Shugoki ... fatty is broken. Too much damage, too much life and an unterruptable stance - he can outlive and outdamage most heroes. You rely on the shugoki to screw up to kill him. S-tier (lower end though)

Berserker is b-tier, if your block's are good. His heavies are very strong but easy to counter. Don't make him spam lights. Suffers from unreliable deflects.

Raider ... poor guy. He is c-tier in duelling situations. His heavies are brutal but slow. Even his lights are slow. If played opportunistic, he is ok but hardly a carry.

Lawbringer. Mixed bag. A-tier in group fights but d-tier in duels. He has some nice tools but his vortex is relatively slow. Relies too much on heavies.

Valkyrie. Strange character. In an 1on1 situation, she can slowly wear you down. Like a cat, who is playing with her pray. But she does not have high damage combos and ger ttk is low. Supporter in group situations. She is a/b-tier. (a for duels)

Kensai is ... strange. His light attacks are the highest damaging ones and they are fast. Even his heavy attacks are not slow. His unblockables however, are. If played with focus on light attacks and sidesteps, he is a-tier - lower end though.

Just my opinions.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Valkyrie is the new orochi...they are both played by mindless drones who do same thing over and over and over again......I have yet to see a valkyrie do anything but do the jump back charge thing and then do a full on blockable combo...pretty wasy to counter when you get use to it

corazondedelfin
03-12-2017, 04:17 PM
@DrExtrem What you wrote is not true at all, so many things you said are wrong... The only real table:

AegonTheConq
03-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Nobushi is B tier and Lawbringer is more like E tier. People only complain about Nobu because they don't know how to block. You go in spamming against a nobushi and you're just gonna eat all kinds of combos, which serves you right honestly. Her kick is easily dodged and punished, her guard change is slow etc...

Shes not better than any Assassin or Kensei honestly. Kensei has a guaranteed ball bounce unblockable that does insane damage, and ridiculous sidestep attacks. Shes just not as strong as everyone claims.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-12-2017, 04:25 PM
@DrExtrem What you wrote is not true at all, so many things you said are wrong... The only real table:

I would think pk and orochi would be A and nobushi would be B and shigoki S

DrExtrem
03-12-2017, 04:52 PM

For people who can not escape a vortex, sure

CarnivalLaw
03-12-2017, 04:53 PM
Cry more. That should help.

vilpire93
03-12-2017, 04:55 PM
PK in A-Tier? Nah, she belongs in S, she can win a dominion match alone.
Orochi is far from A-Tier if you know how to block, same goes for Nobu.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-12-2017, 05:21 PM
PK in A-Tier? Nah, she belongs in S, she can win a dominion match alone.
Orochi is far from A-Tier if you know how to block, same goes for Nobu.

There is a reason why
Warlord, shigoki,warden and conq are called the "big 4" for a reason.

MrForz
03-12-2017, 06:03 PM

Weren't you the guy who said that Berserker was overpowered? And while fighting him with an Orochi?

Sorry, I'm still kinda like, chuckling.

corazondedelfin
03-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Weren't you the guy who said that Berserker was overpowered? And while fighting him with an Orochi?

Sorry, I'm still kinda like, chuckling.

This is not a table about what is a challenge for me and what characters are easy to kill, this is a table about the general reality that many of us agree at.

AND IT WAS NOT ME MAN, NOT ME ALONE, MANY PEOPLE IN THAT THREAD. ILL BUMP IT FOR YOU.

MrForz
03-12-2017, 06:14 PM
this is a table about the general reality that many of us agree at.

Well that certainly doesn't seem to be quite the general reality to a lot of people. Mostly, both Berserker and Nobush-bush could exchange places with Shugoki and Orochi. Conq could step down to A tier.

DrExtrem
03-12-2017, 06:15 PM
This is not a table about what is a challenge for me and what characters are easy to kill, this is a table about the general reality that many of us agree at.

AND IT WAS NOT ME MAN, NOT ME ALONE, MANY PEOPLE IN THAT THREAD. ILL BUMP IT FOR YOU.

Reality is not a thing people agree on.

It is.

Winsome111
03-12-2017, 06:38 PM
As a valkaryie main I have to disagree we are S class. Without gear and our tier 1 feat our light attacks do laughable damage. Our heavy attacks are stupid slow and very much telegraphed to the point if you don't block them that's a git gud issue.

I would say we are an A class at best.

Thanapetus
03-12-2017, 06:41 PM
Warden can be powerful but relies too much on vortex. Zone attack is too stamina consuming for its damage and if blocked, the warden is in trouble. Upper light can nt br chained beyond teo strikes. He is a-tier, if played good.

Warlord is not only borderline OP. Even without headbut vortex, he has more than enough tools, raw damage and life to obliterate you. S-tier.

PK is a powerhouse, if you can not block her light attacks. Once she starts spamming, you are done for. If you can put her on the defense, you have a small chance. S-tier

Nobushi. Versatile, dot damage everywhere, very fast and hard hitting attacks and highest range ingame. Add high mobility and the s-tier is booked.

Conqueror is a mixed bag. Borderline op with his vortex and if you master his counterattack, you are god. A-tier. Still, he relies too much on the vortex.

Orochi is almost s-tier, if the light spam is executed well. See PK

Shugoki ... fatty is broken. Too much damage, too much life and an unterruptable stance - he can outlive and outdamage most heroes. You rely on the shugoki to screw up to kill him. S-tier (lower end though)

Berserker is b-tier, if your block's are good. His heavies are very strong but easy to counter. Don't make him spam lights. Suffers from unreliable deflects.

Raider ... poor guy. He is c-tier in duelling situations. His heavies are brutal but slow. Even his lights are slow. If played opportunistic, he is ok but hardly a carry.

Lawbringer. Mixed bag. A-tier in group fights but d-tier in duels. He has some nice tools but his vortex is relatively slow. Relies too much on heavies.

Valkyrie. Strange character. In an 1on1 situation, she can slowly wear you down. Like a cat, who is playing with her pray. But she does not have high damage combos and ger ttk is low. Supporter in group situations. She is a/b-tier. (a for duels)

Kensai is ... strange. His light attacks are the highest damaging ones and they are fast. Even his heavy attacks are not slow. His unblockables however, are. If played with focus on light attacks and sidesteps, he is a-tier - lower end though.

Just my opinions.

I agree with most of your statement, but since the changes I think Valk (if they master dodge) is a solid A/Borderline S for duels. If she gets on a roll, can literally vortex keep you on your back to frustrate most until they make a huge mistake and then you are eating dirt.

DrExtrem
03-12-2017, 07:15 PM
I agree with most of your statement, but since the changes I think Valk (if they master dodge) is a solid A/Borderline S for duels. If she gets on a roll, can literally vortex keep you on your back to frustrate most until they make a huge mistake and then you are eating dirt.

Like I wrote. A for duels.

In duels, time is a neglectable factor.

LordEythir
03-13-2017, 03:48 AM
As far as I can tell I pretty much agree with all of you.
Since the patch her reaction times and range just seem great.

And if i was meant to play Valk that is really a shame, although i appreciate that thought haha.
You seen Ive always been weirded out by the weirdo nerds that play as girl characters in WoW
or any other game for that matter, then perv out on their digital character. So playing as a girl never sat well with me.
Such a shame Ubisoft had to pull the gender lock bs. Would have loved to play PK or Nobushi....oh wel D**ks

As for the Tier List you guys got going. I mostly agree, mine would be this.

S - Warlord, Valk, PK, Conqueror, Nobushi
A - Warden, Berserker ( S - matched against an Orochi )
B - Kensei, Raider, orochi, Shogoki, LB Since the recent patch noticed more raiders wrecking shop.

AngryToaster123
03-13-2017, 04:58 AM

As I said in that other thread, Orochi is meant to be a glass cannon. If you buff her defense she will be op. Stop complaining, sharpen your reflexes and use riptide strike more often as it is a reliable counter move.

PanzerShrekonin
03-13-2017, 05:06 AM
-Snort- The big four.

The big four is mostly a joke. Shugoki gets countered by PK and Orochi and Warden... Big 4 my ***.

plus no PK? What a joke

Conq loses to anyone with a side dash attack... Again big 4? says who xD