PDA

View Full Version : Bike and Plane bug.

Itz_Madjar
03-12-2017, 07:56 AM
Bikes and planes will not move foward.
The front wheel on bikes is locked.
planes will not take off can only reverse in them.

Playing on xbox one.
Physical copy (not sure if this affects anything)

My brother doesn't have this issue and we installed via the same disc.

chainsawpenguin
03-17-2020, 05:04 AM
Bikes and planes will not move foward.
The front wheel on bikes is locked.
planes will not take off can only reverse in them.

Playing on xbox one.

Playing on xbox one x but otherwise I'm having this exact same problem in March 2020. Any suggestions?

Ubi-Raziel
03-17-2020, 04:03 PM
Playing on xbox one x but otherwise I'm having this exact same problem in March 2020. Any suggestions?

Hey! I tried looking into this issue for you, however I wasn't able to find anything conclusive. It may be game files related but I'd like to offer some more general steps too.

My first suggestion would be to power-cycle your Xbox One: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/power/restart-or-power-cycle-console

Are you using an original Xbox controller, or any special controller in particular?

Have you tried re-installing the game? The game files may be corrupt.

chainsawpenguin
03-18-2020, 08:15 AM
1 - Did a full hard power-cycle. No effect. I still cannot drive bikes or fly planes, though I can mount both and drive both in reverse. They're just stuck going forward.
2 - Uninstalled and resinstalled the game. I still cannot drive bikes or fly planes, though I can mount both and drive both in reverse. They're just stuck going forward.
3 - Tried starting an entirely new game, wondering if my save has somehow been corrupted. Even starting a brand new campaign in a brand new re-install of the game, I still cannot drive bikes or fly planes, though I can mount both and drive both in reverse. They're just stuck going forward.

I'm repeating the problem because it's really specific. I do not have any problems with any other controls in the game for any other vehicles (or for any other kinds of controls), which makes it clear that it is not a controller issue. It's very much that I still cannot drive bikes or fly planes, though I can mount both and drive both in reverse. They're just stuck going forward.

This prevents me from achieving the vast majority of the food missions (which require that you steal a plane), and frankly bikes are just fun. This is ruining what is otherwise a very good game.

What's maddening is that I've only played on this platform ever, and I know bikes USED to work. Given that I have spent hours freshly installing the thing, I doubt that there's a patch I'm missing.

What now?

Ubi-Orion
03-18-2020, 11:42 PM
1 - Did a full hard power-cycle. No effect. I still cannot drive bikes or fly planes, though I can mount both and drive both in reverse. They're just stuck going forward.
2 - Uninstalled and resinstalled the game. I still cannot drive bikes or fly planes, though I can mount both and drive both in reverse. They're just stuck going forward.
3 - Tried starting an entirely new game, wondering if my save has somehow been corrupted. Even starting a brand new campaign in a brand new re-install of the game, I still cannot drive bikes or fly planes, though I can mount both and drive both in reverse. They're just stuck going forward.

I'm repeating the problem because it's really specific. I do not have any problems with any other controls in the game for any other vehicles (or for any other kinds of controls), which makes it clear that it is not a controller issue. It's very much that I still cannot drive bikes or fly planes, though I can mount both and drive both in reverse. They're just stuck going forward.

This prevents me from achieving the vast majority of the food missions (which require that you steal a plane), and frankly bikes are just fun. This is ruining what is otherwise a very good game.

What's maddening is that I've only played on this platform ever, and I know bikes USED to work. Given that I have spent hours freshly installing the thing, I doubt that there's a patch I'm missing.

What now?

Hey there.

Sorry to hear this issue has persisted.

Would it be possible for you to send through any video of this issue we could take a look at?

chainsawpenguin
03-19-2020, 07:44 AM
UPDATE: I purchased a different controller just to be sure that wasn't the issue and... that was the issue. I was using an Amazon Basics controller (though, to be fair, the one that WORKS is one, too), so I really don't understand what's going on there. I must have some setting (or some failure) on the controller itself. Thanks for looking into it for me, and this issue can be closed.

Ubi-Spud
03-19-2020, 07:17 PM
Brilliant, thanks for updating us! :)