PDA

View Full Version : Forward + GB is not the same as GB?

AlexXsW
03-12-2017, 12:49 AM
I've randomly noticed when was in custom match as Valkyrie vs Warden. I know that after blocking Warden's zone attack you can do an uncounterable guard break, however I noticed that it will whiff if you don't hold forward. This surprised me, since when you do guard break with no opponent nearby, holding forward does not make any difference to the animation or distance. I also think this has effect in other situations, but I haven't figured out which yet. Does anyone knows more about this? Is this intended behavior? In what other situation it applies?

ReallyRecon
03-12-2017, 05:14 PM
I'm going to go and test this today. I've had serious issues while playing my Valkyrie with whiffing guard-breaks directly after parries and blocks; my opponent will be on top of me but I just swing my shield at empty air and open myself up for a free counter because of the recovery delay. They're not dodging backwards either, the scripting and animation timing make it impossible to avoid a guard-break while dodging backwards.

Meanwhile, Wardens and Assassins come stock with Heelies. They can guard-break you from 5 feet away but I can't land one while I'm clipping with my opponent's character model? It's not like it's lag either, I'm on Gigabit fiber with one of the most reliable ISPs in the country and with the way P2P works in this game it's couldn't be a syncing issue.