PDA

View Full Version : Raider vs Valkyrie advice

Shlitzohar
03-11-2017, 11:23 PM
Hey,
Im doing ok with every class in 1v1 situations except Valkyrie. Is it me being slow or is really hard to get out of that 2 light and sweep endless combos?

PecarCZ
03-12-2017, 12:07 AM
Valkyrie is broken.Her shield crush-spear sweep spam combo is op as hell.In place where you cannot move or dodge its Auto-win.Most of Valkyrie players what i meet only w8 in defense mode for Parry+GB+Heavy and then start combo and i have 50-60% hp.I tested with my friend her spear-sweep attack and there is no way how interupt it.Only counter to Valkyrie is PK because every other class is too slow for dodge her combo.When she get revenge she only do Shield crush to knock down+heavy and then again because every time when you get up you got again knocked with zero protection to do something.Right now PK/Valkyrie is two most op class in game.

KnifeHigh
03-12-2017, 12:45 AM
For there sweep you need to either dash backwards. Or Parry it.
As for there shield crush, side step. which leaves the valk wide open (When valks miss with there shield crush there animation recovery time is greatly slowed, meaning you will get a free hit in) Valk's have one of the lowest hit recovery times in the game. Use that to your advantage, If you manage to land one hit the chances are extremely high that you will get the rest of your combo off before the valk can block / dodge.

I haven't fought to many raider's or been a raider myself so my tips are a bit limited. one thing i can say though is Do not attempt to GB unless you have already hit the valk. when your squaring off with a valk and try to GB. she is just going to dash backwards and get two free light's. your unblock-able side attack would be your best bet.

There sweep attack is interchangeable with every valk combo. It will always be the third attack.

Eleanor-Ripley
03-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Honestly i don't get why so many people complain about that sweep.

I've tested it several times now and you can dash it just as any other attack. Both sideways and backwards. It's just timing.

Scarraner
03-12-2017, 01:25 PM
Valkyrie light attacks are easy to parry with raider, just punish her with heavies, and after her charge just punish her with a stun and light attack :)

Shlitzohar
03-12-2017, 11:16 PM
Yeah I figured it out, poor connection makes it sometimes impossible to grab that few frames you have to dodge that combo

Iuslez_
03-13-2017, 08:39 AM
For there sweep you need to either dash backwards. Or Parry it.

Parry the sweep? I didn't know it was possible since I can't recall it having an indicator (will check, I didn't come accross a valk in days). Do you have to parryon right side?

Valkyrie light attacks are easy to parry with raider, just punish her with heavies, and after her charge just punish her with a stun and light attack :)
easy to parry? You mean it's easy to parry the fastest light attacks (from data I saw it was the same speed as PKs lights) in the game with the hero that has the slowest guard-change speed? I don't know what valkyries you've came across

Egotistic_Ez
03-13-2017, 09:39 AM
Parry the sweep? I didn't know it was possible since I can't recall it having an indicator (will check, I didn't come accross a valk in days). Do you have to parryon right side?

You can't parry it. It's the same style move as the warden shoulder charge and warlord headbutt. You have to dodge.

Kharneth88
03-13-2017, 01:45 PM
easy to parry? You mean it's easy to parry the fastest light attacks (from data I saw it was the same speed as PKs lights) in the game with the hero that has the slowest guard-change speed? I don't know what valkyries you've came across

The guard speed change actually makes parrying easier. Parrying slow attacks is already easy, right? Well, the way I deal with parrying light attacks is as follows. Say I'm in right guard and they are attacking to the left with a fast attack. I will switch to the left guard and in the same motion I will begin my heavy (parry) and it will usually work. Parrying light attacks is not any harder than blocking them as it's really just adding a heavy attack button in addition to guard shift. If you're having a hard time blocking than, yes, the parry is hard. I'm by no means reliably able to do this, but this method usually works if I react fast enough and correctly.

As far as countering Valk, I haven't had much success. I know the proper way to deal with her, though. It's by parrying her attacks and using the feint mind games with her. I can't parry her, yet, though, but once I've practiced parrying her moves I'm pretty sure that'll be the key to victory. She's too fast not to parry.

DvlDawg15
03-13-2017, 06:21 PM
We can only spam the combo twice without running out of stamina. Dodge back twice and focus on our dodge direction, as that's the next light attack you have coming at you. Keep pressure with guard breaks because we are easily drained on stamina

SirCorrino
03-14-2017, 01:09 PM
You can't parry it. It's the same style move as the warden shoulder charge and warlord headbutt. You have to dodge.

Not quite, unlike those you still get knocked down if you use it when someone activates revenge, and it doesn't always affect people in revenge.