PDA

View Full Version : Opener Issues

keramet
03-11-2017, 11:22 PM
I am a Kensei main from the launch of the game(Renown 3 atm and have a %70 win rate in Duel modes) and i play Raider occasionaly. . I would like to hear the opinion of the Dev's about the opener differences in each hero. To give an example warden which i encounter very often in brawl or duel mode. Warden can do a very fast top light and a very fast zone attack from left side and can use his shoulder charge which has a 50/50 mechanic that you can't punish, Warden eithers bashes to you doing 2 lights or cancels the charge and guarbreaks you resulting in a side heavy. While i am playing vs a warden i have to constantly go between top and left side to be vary of occasional guardbreaks and be ready to dodge or counter guardbreak a shoulder charge follow up. While all warden has to do is to keep his guard at top because as you know kensei has very slow side attacks. Don't get me wrong i do know how to feint etc. but while warden has 4-5 different options of attack all i can do is to wait for him to make a mistake.

I think that the player base should be kept informed about the incoming changes about the game, People are only playing warlord warden pk and conq atm.

I would appriciate that someone from the Dev team explain the changes planned for the future so i can decide to continue or stop playing this game.

Maybe i am wrong but in my opinion some heroes needs a serious rework.

massive02
03-12-2017, 12:16 AM
Hey keramet.

So the devs do video livestream every week called the Warriors den; you can find it on twitch and youtube were they go through the state of the game and upcoming changes.

There are also interviews the devs have done with game review sites.

You can also check the announcement section of the forums. Lastly the reddit for honor is also pretty good at keeping the community informed.

PKUSUB
03-12-2017, 12:31 AM
I am a Kensei main from the launch of the game(Renown 3 atm and have a %70 win rate in Duel modes) and i play Raider occasionaly. . I would like to hear the opinion of the Dev's about the opener differences in each hero. To give an example warden which i encounter very often in brawl or duel mode. Warden can do a very fast top light and a very fast zone attack from left side and can use his shoulder charge which has a 50/50 mechanic that you can't punish, Warden eithers bashes to you doing 2 lights or cancels the charge and guarbreaks you resulting in a side heavy. While i am playing vs a warden i have to constantly go between top and left side to be vary of occasional guardbreaks and be ready to dodge or counter guardbreak a shoulder charge follow up. While all warden has to do is to keep his guard at top because as you know kensei has very slow side attacks. Don't get me wrong i do know how to feint etc. but while warden has 4-5 different options of attack all i can do is to wait for him to make a mistake.

I think that the player base should be kept informed about the incoming changes about the game, People are only playing warlord warden pk and conq atm.

I would appriciate that someone from the Dev team explain the changes planned for the future so i can decide to continue or stop playing this game.

Maybe i am wrong but in my opinion some heroes needs a serious rework.

im pretty sure they are looking into it, pvp games will always have balancing issues. just give it some time.

UbiJurassic
03-12-2017, 12:49 AM
Hey keramet.

So the devs do video livestream every week called the Warriors den; you can find it on twitch and youtube were they go through the state of the game and upcoming changes.

There are also interviews the devs have done with game review sites.

You can also check the announcement section of the forums. Lastly the reddit for honor is also pretty good at keeping the community informed.

Took the words right out of my mouth, massive02. Thanks! :)

The community has been very vocal and we are aware of the issues that some classes present in-game.

Expanding upon what massive02 said, we try and maintain as much visibility regarding the state of the game as possible. "The Warriors Den" weekly stream is one of the best ways to hear about the issues and fixes coming to For Honor straight from the developers. In case you miss it, you can find a link to it stickied to the top of the Official News and Announcements forum. You can find this past week's stream here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1600490-(Updated-3-8-17)-Warriors-Den-Livestream-(Mar-7th)).

DrExtrem
03-12-2017, 01:11 AM
The wardens zone attack and upper light are indeed very fast and the shoulder charge can be cancelled into a GB.

But that's all the warden has to offer. His heavy attacks are so slow, that it is suicidal to use them outside of a parry or GB. The zone attack does not even do a lot of damage but costs a very high amount of stamina.

The kensais light attacks are the most damaging in the game and the are very fast - almost faster, than the block can regenerate. They are brutal.

You still have a 70% win rate ... the kensai can not be that weak. ;)