PDA

View Full Version : Blame the programmer for gear lvl mistake

pure_energist
03-11-2017, 10:20 PM
I figured it out!!! So we have 30 reputation levels yet get max gear is achieved at level 3! THEREFORE! Some idiot programmer **up and forgot to add the 0 after 3 when setting gear lock levels... If this game wanted longevity then that's a major mistake and I wouldn't even mind seeing a patch that locks up our gear until we reach that level. Anyone else feel like they should be entitled to this high level gear at reputation 3? Are you willing to give it up if it means having to put the actual time in to achieve it again? To clarify I don't mean the Gear is lost.. but locked up.. So whatever you have upgraded and customized will still be available once you are at the reputation level to use it

Dav0s-Martell
03-11-2017, 10:30 PM
yeah I am getting tired of waiting for a dominion match then I am starting out, and I get 4 pres 3 people with maxed out gear. Its a loss, and no fun at all,I dont play it, and have to look for another game to start, and whats worse is the high level gang up on you too, so call it rage quitting I don't care, Its a loosing battle before it even starts, I have gone through some and the scores end up being 1300 to 200.. its ridiculous...

Sipius
03-11-2017, 10:33 PM
so you complain the fact that the gear is easy to obtain, but you complain people have max gear at r3?? I am confused..

The_Mensan
03-11-2017, 10:44 PM
That's why they have all those unlocks at high level (unique costumes and stuff).

You understand that the designers (not programmers, programmer just write codes) probably wanted to avoid rich player wtfpwn'ing everyone. With the current 15% gear bonus, people are already wetting themselves crying, imagine what would happen if you have level 20 prestige gear and you face a new hero.

Please, the designers OBVIOUSLY thought of it and designed it this way for balance. Stop being a noob and think first.

KnifeInUrNeck
03-11-2017, 10:45 PM
so you complain the fact that the gear is easy to obtain, but you complain people have max gear at r3?? I am confused..

What's to be confused about? He's saying there's nothing left to work for after rep 3 and that it's stupid to give out the highest tier gear at rep 3 when there are 30 ****ing tiers. We'd still have a ton of AFK farmers but a lot less super sayans. Right now leveling a new character is a painful grind when you have to go up against max gear even for 3 tiers.

pure_energist
03-11-2017, 10:52 PM
It's relatively easy to obtain in the lifespan of the game. If we are only 3 weeks into a games life and max gear lvl's have been achieved by a majority of the gaming population then what incentive is there to continue reputation leveling. With the matchmaking currently setting Lvl 1 players vs Reputation 3 this basically makes gaming as new characters less fun. Going against High Gear isn't an auto win for them but it is imbalanced and frustrating for those that want more equal playing fields. If the gear was locked all through reputation 30 then there would be far less teams of full maxed gear players. I'm not against the matchmaking system because we need the pool of players for decent gaming connections... Having max gear locked till 30 would mean a far less maxed out player base therefore making matchmaking less a problem as well.