PDA

View Full Version : OT - PLANETSIDE?

Stormer777
12-23-2003, 10:40 PM
I'm not sure where else to ask to get an answer... All I'm wondering is if anyone knows how the game has turned out? I'm sure someone in here plays it. Are the player counts low like I have heard?

Stormer777
12-23-2003, 10:40 PM
I'm not sure where else to ask to get an answer... All I'm wondering is if anyone knows how the game has turned out? I'm sure someone in here plays it. Are the player counts low like I have heard?

necrobaron
12-23-2003, 11:33 PM
No idea.....

Aardvark892
12-23-2003, 11:33 PM
I've been right on the verge, in the checkout line and everything, of buying Planetside about a dozen times so far. Every time, I just put it back on the shelf. Something about it just really doesn't do it for me. They advertise Massively Multiplayer (only), but somehow I just don't think it'll turn out that way. What could it have that either Tribes 2 or BF1942 don't have?

necrobaron
12-23-2003, 11:37 PM
I don't play most online games simply because I refuse to pay a subscription for a game I've already spent money to buy....

BazaMasterFlash
12-24-2003, 03:06 AM
Hello

I bought it when it came out, and played it for 2 months or so.

It is a fantastic game, but...... you need a big rig to play it with at least 1 gig of fast RAM.

For the first month or so it was fine for 512 RAM usesrs, but then they did an update with the netcode, and it all went tits up.

But if you have the RAM, worth it in every respect. The HUGE battles you'll will have, will blow you away. 100+ v 100+ with tanks, jeeps, MECH's, fighters, bombers ... you name it.

Graphics are ace as well http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

anyway... back to work

-S-