PDA

View Full Version : This game is so unbalanced, it feels like a bad joke

KL4Z1K
03-11-2017, 02:35 AM
Small rant, but I need to get it out..

So it goes like this:
Find a character you enjoy that fits your playstyle. Learn all his/her moves and have a great time battling others. Meet an equally skilled player who's using Warden, Warlord or Shugoki. Die miserably with no chance of winning.

This balance is a bad joke. If you don't use any of the so called S tiers, you won't stand a fricken chance vs anyone at your own skill level. Even the tourneys show this, so I ain't lying.

Also, the lack of information from the devs + the lack of forum moderators just makes this game seem like an indie game, even though it costs a ****load of money. I am SO confused as to why they fail to balance the characters evenly. A lot of players have come up with really good balance ideas in just a few weeks, but the devs still don't respond to anything.

I feel like I'm on the receiving end of a bad joke :(

Fenrirwolf24
03-11-2017, 02:40 AM
Idk who you play but i have no trouble fighting any of them. Just gotta get good and memorize their moves.

Gray360UK
03-11-2017, 02:40 AM
Not my experience, but then I don't live in the world of Duels, which I guess is what you are referring to only?
Just for reference, the 1 vs 1 Duel mode has had the lowest activity level since the game came out, Dominion the highest.
Maybe some classes are easier in 1 vs 1 than others, maybe some are the rock to another classes scissors, but they all die the same
when you kick them off a ledge :D

KL4Z1K
03-11-2017, 02:55 AM
Idk who you play but i have no trouble fighting any of them. Just gotta get good and memorize their moves.

Lawbringer atm, but a subpar class will get beaten up by an equally skilled player, who's using a higher tier class. They just have too many tools, which is unfair IMO.

KL4Z1K
03-11-2017, 03:06 AM
then you dont play top tier sir, dont watch tourneys, dont listen to pros/streamers talking about game&class balance... you are a noob taking his first steps thinking that this game is skillbased.. but is classbased.. sad but true. already a huge ton of the playerbase quit .. sure the extremely unbalanced game is not the only reason but ye.. this is the topic of this thread

^this guy gets it.

Nomir2016
03-11-2017, 03:09 AM
Well, maybe because it never was planned to be balanced. Why people think it shouls be? It was never stated in any promotional material, trailer, gameplay preview.... This game balance is basically rock/paper/scissors.

Fenrirwolf24
03-11-2017, 03:13 AM
then you dont play top tier sir, dont watch tourneys, dont listen to pros/streamers talking about game&class balance... you are a noob taking his first steps thinking that this game is skillbased.. but is classbased.. sad but true. already a huge ton of the playerbase quit .. sure the extremely unbalanced game is not the only reason but ye.. this is the topic of this thread
Im not a noob. Ive been playing the game since it came out. I have all the vikings to rep 1 and valkyrie is rep 5 108.

UbiJurassic
03-11-2017, 03:15 AM
Hey Klaziknadi, we are aware that class balance is an important topic of discussion in the community and we have been forwarding all constructive feedback to the team. While there's not much we can talk about in terms of the specific changes that will be coming in regards to class balance, one of the best ways to hear more is to watch our weekly livestream. We regularly bring on the devs to discuss important topics in the community. Other than that, specifics in regards to balance changes will be detailed in our patch notes as they become available.

Gray360UK
03-11-2017, 03:18 AM

What does his experience of who he can or cannot beat in the game have to do with what people are doing in tourneys or talking about on their livestreams. Are you one of those people who worships the ground that YouTubers walk on? Streamers are so pro? Why exactly? Because they have recording software and a mic? Don't idolize people who make a living out of playing games just because they're on your screen. They are just gamers. Remove your head from their backsides and stop following their every word like they are quoting lines from the bible. If YOU are having trouble, then maybe you are the noob, but I for one don't give a rats *** what some 'pro' streamer says, he still presses the same buttons as I do.

KL4Z1K
03-11-2017, 03:25 AM
Hey Klaziknadi, we are aware that class balance is an important topic of discussion in the community and we have been forwarding all constructive feedback to the team. While there's not much we can talk about in terms of the specific changes that will be coming in regards to class balance, one of the best ways to hear more is to watch our weekly livestream. We regularly bring on the devs to discuss important topics in the community. Other than that, specifics in regards to balance changes will be detailed in our patch notes as they become available.

I just fail to see why they could buff Valk ( which was needed) but not change guard speed or just SOMETHING for some of the other classes.

UbiJurassic
03-11-2017, 03:35 AM
I just fail too why they could buff Valk ( which was needed) but not change guard speed or just SOMETHING for some of the other classes.

Class balance is something we've been approaching with caution. So far, our patches have been aimed at fixing in-game bugs or to reflect intended in-game behaviors regarding various classes. In future patches, you can expect more class balance related changes that revolve around the feedback from the community and the game data we've collected during the first month of release.

KL4Z1K
03-11-2017, 03:39 AM
Class balance is something we've been approaching with caution. So far, our patches have been aimed at fixing in-game bugs or to reflect intended in-game behaviors regarding various classes. In future patches, you can expect more class balance related changes that revolve around the feedback from the community and the game data we've collected during the first month of release.

At least that gives me a little hope. It's just a shame I have to put Lawbringer on the shelf until he's actually useful.

UbiJurassic
03-11-2017, 03:55 AM
At least that gives me a little hope. It's just a shame I have to put Lawbringer on the shelf until he's actually useful.

He was already confirmed for a buff via our weekly livestream! Hang in there!

http://i.imgur.com/2OblUPh.jpg

AmonAmarth541
03-13-2017, 05:08 AM
i think the gear unbalance is main issue, they should make it so you play people your own gear level so many times i would try out a new char that im not good with and get matched up with people with legendary gear and imo thats completely unfair. But i agree ive played some people who were my level and were way way way above my skill level but i cant say that happens too often i mostly just play high level people.

Valfrekr
03-15-2017, 02:28 PM

Agreed. I main a Nobushi, and use to have trouble with Orochi. Now they give me little trouble as long as I stay out of their range. I'm currently having trouble against the berserkr and PK, but I know I can learn how to counter them.
The OP just needs to learn how to play their class, and how to counter the classes they're having trouble with.
They classes are pretty balanced. Every class has something that could make them op, but each class has something that makes them weak against other classes.

ArlianDeBias
03-15-2017, 03:17 PM
I understand Warden and Warlord, but how is Shugoki difficult to play against? His kit has some of the slowest and most telegraphed moves in the game.

vilpire93
03-15-2017, 03:37 PM
Outside of tournaments and absolute high tier play, class-tiers dont matter. Ive been beating ANY class with a Raider in a 1v1, yes even Wardens and Warlords. If you know their movesets, you know what to watch out for, most people I play against dont even know what a feint is. Just forget about any tierlist, as long as you are more skilled with your class than your opponent is, you will win. Headbutt spam is so easily dodgeable, its a joke. Same goes for Warden, most times a quick light attack while they start shoulderbash is enough to regain momentum. Only class I occasionally have probs against is PK, just dont seem to get the parry timing right. I agree that Lawbringer is really bad in 1v1, but as soon as a teamfight starts, he is a beast for massive CC with long arm. Also, Shugoki is a joke. Strip him of his superarmor with 2 lights and he is fodder. Again, most people are easily beaten with feint alone. Not everyone playing one of the "top 4" is actually good at playing them, so relax. Its not like meeting one of them is instant death, thats entirely the wrong mindset. Good players will always prevail, even if youre a good lvl 1 Lawbringer, as long as you know the opponents moveset and are the better player, you will even win against a 108 gear Warden. Been there, done that. Just get a positive mindset, thats already halt the rent.

KL4Z1K
03-15-2017, 03:52 PM
I understand Warden and Warlord, but how is Shugoki difficult to play against? His kit has some of the slowest and most telegraphed moves in the game.

Any decent Shugoki will just sprint at you and either grab or run you over. Guess wrong and you could be in for a insta kill. I don't explain it very well, but you can easily find some info on this broken stuff. If the Shugoki fights like a normal person, then it's easy. If he just runs back and forth it's broken..

ArlianDeBias
03-15-2017, 04:03 PM
Any decent Shugoki will just sprint at you and either grab or run you over. Guess wrong and you could be in for a insta kill. I don't explain it very well, but you can easily find some info on this broken stuff. If the Shugoki fights like a normal person, then it's easy. If he just runs back and forth it's broken..

You can very easily dodge a Shugoki's sprint, and with no gear stats it almost takes up his entire stamina bar with a full sprint.

Shugoki's whole moveset is based around the principle of high damage, slow and telegraphed moves. If you can dodge, block / parry and CGB decently then Shugoki will never be an issue. I know that's the case for every character in this game, but especially so for japanese shrek.