PDA

View Full Version : AI in 1.2

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 08:13 PM
I noticed besides the extra maps and planes some AI fixes in the 1.2 beta. It seems the fighter AI now follows waypoints more smoothly (Maddox: thank you ;-). The water also looks much better now. It's darker. Moreover, the strange 'ATI blue bug' is now completely gone ;-) (Using ATI OpenGL 3.7).

1.2 looks good, but I have some questions about the AI. It seems that large planes (transport and bombers) have difficulty in trying to get into formation again after a waypoint or alititude switch and they never seem to be satisfied with their position. Fighters can change their alitude or direction very fast, but larger plane seem to have a problem with this. Maybe related to this, I noticed that my no. 2 sometimes tries to run into my tail section when I slowly change direction.

To avoid flights from running in to eachother alltogether, would'nt it be wise to set wide (x2) formation flying as the default for every AI flight? I personally alway use the 'loosen formation' key twice immediate after take-off, but my wingman still flies about a meter behind my tail for a couple of seconds and sometimes hit me.

Not whining or complaining. It's not a big issue, but will these AI 'bugs' fixed in 1.2?

Mark

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 08:13 PM
I noticed besides the extra maps and planes some AI fixes in the 1.2 beta. It seems the fighter AI now follows waypoints more smoothly (Maddox: thank you ;-). The water also looks much better now. It's darker. Moreover, the strange 'ATI blue bug' is now completely gone ;-) (Using ATI OpenGL 3.7).

1.2 looks good, but I have some questions about the AI. It seems that large planes (transport and bombers) have difficulty in trying to get into formation again after a waypoint or alititude switch and they never seem to be satisfied with their position. Fighters can change their alitude or direction very fast, but larger plane seem to have a problem with this. Maybe related to this, I noticed that my no. 2 sometimes tries to run into my tail section when I slowly change direction.

To avoid flights from running in to eachother alltogether, would'nt it be wise to set wide (x2) formation flying as the default for every AI flight? I personally alway use the 'loosen formation' key twice immediate after take-off, but my wingman still flies about a meter behind my tail for a couple of seconds and sometimes hit me.

Not whining or complaining. It's not a big issue, but will these AI 'bugs' fixed in 1.2?

Mark