PDA

View Full Version : How is Player Style Determined?

MentalKase6288
03-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Can we get some answer on how play style is determined and what it means as far what each play style is?

cpswords
03-15-2017, 01:46 PM
I too would really like to know this.

It would be nice for Ubisoft to release information about this game to people who play it...

wildegenius
03-15-2017, 02:53 PM
I agree.. Im Grunt, I guess that means Im not very tactical or stealth. Would love to hear more about the classes-

AlessandroTeles
03-15-2017, 02:59 PM
Palavra tática nada menos que vc em meio de um pequeno grupo vc recrutar partes importantes no meio da partida , ou seje executar grandes ou pequenas missões com mais eficiência ou cautela . .

Mo.Money-187
03-15-2017, 03:50 PM
I have been a Ranger during all my playtime... In the beginning i had around 70-75% in stealth and tactical planning and average kill range 70 meter... Now it around 50-55% and still 70 meter, but i am still a Ranger....

So i would also like an overview, so whats the top and whats the lowest and how can i achieve them... :)

cpswords
03-16-2017, 04:17 PM
Here are my stats, not that I actually think it makes a difference to anything anymore though :

Level 19
Ranger

Avg kill distance - 68m
Tactical - 100%
Stealth kills - 64%
Lifetime - 49 minutes
Longest shot - 450 meters
Precision - 23%
Teammates revived - 0
C4/Mine kills - 0
Drone used - 4hrs 29min
Air - 50min
Ground - 2hr 53min
Parachute - 4 jumps
Map discovered - 62%

highway61rev1
03-16-2017, 06:41 PM
There's a good thread here that covers the different play styles: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/168639-tom-clancys-ghost-recon-wildlands/75085889?page=3
And a video from that thread: https://youtu.be/Bdt-e-T2Gyw
Hope that helps!

Mo.Money-187
03-17-2017, 03:19 PM
Thanks the best answer so far...

cpswords
03-18-2017, 06:22 PM
Indeed it is the best answer so far. It's just a shame that it is pure speculation with absolutely zero official clarification.

Ubi-Zoro
03-20-2017, 12:57 AM
Hey guys,

I'm not sure on this but I am looking into it for you! I will write back when I've found out more. Thanks for posting on this!

cpswords
03-20-2017, 04:17 PM
Hey guys,

I'm not sure on this but I am looking into it for you! I will write back when I've found out more. Thanks for posting on this!

Thank you for your time on looking into this! I'm very happy we will finally know how this actually works!

cpswords
03-23-2017, 12:14 PM
Hey guys,

I hate to pester, but is there any timescale to finding this information out?

Awp-so-1337
03-24-2017, 04:13 AM
There's a good thread here that covers the different play styles: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/168639-tom-clancys-ghost-recon-wildlands/75085889?page=3
And a video from that thread: https://youtu.be/Bdt-e-T2Gyw
Hope that helps!

I hate to pester, but is there any timescale to finding this information out?

Sometimes mystery is better than knowing. Ubisoft understands this. The best example is the collage on Mount chiliad in GTA, left a mystery and people spent hundreds of hours per person trying to figure that out. One could imagine they want people to explore the mechanics on their own and his absence on the answer could be just that, perhaps he can't secure one. There is a great link on page 1 though!

cpswords
03-24-2017, 01:04 PM
Sometimes mystery is better than knowing. Ubisoft understands this. The best example is the collage on Mount chiliad in GTA, left a mystery and people spent hundreds of hours per person trying to figure that out. One could imagine they want people to explore the mechanics on their own and his absence on the answer could be just that, perhaps he can't secure one. There is a great link on page 1 though!

While I believe this can be true. These statistics have zero effect for anything in-game. These are names for how you play. There is no way to figure this out without clarification as the names cover such broad playstyles.

Also with regards to the page 1 link. I'm sure you saw the comment I posted on page 1 due to the fact you obviously read this entire post, but I'll repeat it again, I stated that yes that is the best answer so far, but it is still 100% speculation.

Now if this was something in-game, if this was a place, an item or something similar, I wouldn't be asking for clarification. This is though however something that is added to our character profile. So due to this, I think it would be nice to have an actual answer.

araos1
03-24-2017, 02:50 PM
True. We aren't talking possible Yetis here :)

Ubi-Zoro
03-25-2017, 12:52 AM
Okay! I have returned with some information on Playstyles!

Your playstyle is going to be determined by how you play the game overall - this includes everything from what type of weapons you use, how you approach situations (stealth/guns blazing/tactically moving your squad mates with commands, etc.) what skills you unlock and upgrade, and some other general gameplay factors.

Some examples/brief breakdowns;

Style: ASSAULT
- Assault Rifles/Machine Guns/Shotguns, quick movement and take-downs, prefers armored vehicles and explosives, skills focus on movement and re-engagement

Style: STEALTH
- Silenced weapons, undetected in approaches/movements/take-downs, Diversion tools and skills focused on silent movement and awareness

Style: SNIPER
- Sniper Rifles/Long Range weapons, skills focused on improved aim and weapon damage and sync shot

If you're interested in some very detailed breakdowns of the Playerstyles you may want to check out the official Game Guide from Prima, it's a great resource.

Hope that helps!

Joe_Goulart
03-25-2017, 06:31 AM
I read playstyle goes like this:
-----------------------------------------------
Classes are placed Between:
Silent(Quiet Kills) / Loud(Loud Kills)
Tactician(Organized)(Marking targets) / Impulsive(Nonorganized)(Freelance)
Silent Tactician​ Close Combat (Raider)
Silent Tactician Soldier (Commando)
Silent Tactician Sniper (Ranger)
Silent Impulsive Close Combat (Headhunter)
Silent Impulsive Soldier (Gurkha)
Silent Impulsive Sniper (Scout)
Loud Tactician Close Combat (Gunslinger)
Loud Tactician Soldier (Grunt)
Loud Tactician Sniper (Overwatch)
Loud Impulsive Close Combat (Rakkasan)
Loud Impulsive Soldier (Marauder)
Loud Impulsive Sniper (Musketeer)

jadubious
03-25-2017, 12:54 PM
I read playstyle goes like this:
Classes are placed Between:
Silent(Quiet Kills) / Loud(Loud Kills)
Tactician(Organized)(Marking targets) / Impulsive(Nonorganized)(Freelance)
Silent Tactician​ Close Combat (Raider)
Silent Tactician Soldier (Commando)
Silent Tactician Sniper (Ranger)
Silent Impulsive Close Combat (Headhunter)
Silent Impulsive Soldier (Gurkha)
Silent Impulsive Sniper (Scout)
Loud Tactician Close Combat (Gunslinger)
Loud Tactician Soldier (Grunt)
Loud Tactician Sniper (Overwatch)
Loud Impulsive Close Combat (Rakkasan)
Loud Impulsive Soldier (Marauder)
Loud Impulsive Sniper (Musketeer)

I know for sure OverWatch is glitched, so I will assume all these playstyles are glitched. Tactical 48% Stealth 51% average kill distance 64 and I'm OverWatch. I should either be a Ranger or Commando based on this list.

Lunatic LK47
03-25-2017, 01:50 PM
Gotta agree here. Even a Google search does not give me the answers that I need, and the recent linked threads don't even give any concrete answers. I fluctuated between a Commando and a Raider frequently last week, and now I'm permanently a Commando. Some official clarity would actually help from Ubisoft themselves.

cpswords
03-25-2017, 06:28 PM
Okay! I have returned with some information on Playstyles!

Your playstyle is going to be determined by how you play the game overall - this includes everything from what type of weapons you use, how you approach situations (stealth/guns blazing/tactically moving your squad mates with commands, etc.) what skills you unlock and upgrade, and some other general gameplay factors.

Some examples/brief breakdowns;

Style: ASSAULT
- Assault Rifles/Machine Guns/Shotguns, quick movement and take-downs, prefers armored vehicles and explosives, skills focus on movement and re-engagement

Style: STEALTH
- Silenced weapons, undetected in approaches/movements/take-downs, Diversion tools and skills focused on silent movement and awareness

Style: SNIPER
- Sniper Rifles/Long Range weapons, skills focused on improved aim and weapon damage and sync shot

If you're interested in some very detailed breakdowns of the Playerstyles you may want to check out the official Game Guide from Prima, it's a great resource.

Hope that helps!

You have to be kidding right? None of what you have just said explains anything at all to do with play styles. You come across like you haven't played this game before! There are absolutely ZERO play styles named "Assault" "Stealth" "Sniper". You obviously have the wrong information, and for the wrong game!

The only thing you have managed to do for me with this reply is:
Ignore the actual question.
Fob me off to find a book that costs £20 for the answer.
Infuriate me.

Ubisoft can't actually expect me to have to pay £20 for a book just to learn this? I'm not happy spending more money on a game guide for some answers that should be public knowledge!

I have just purchased this book. If this information is not in this book, I will be lodging a formal complaint with Ubisoft for advising customers to buy a book for an answer when it is not in there.

I'll update everyone on this tomorrow when the book arrives.

cpswords
03-26-2017, 04:56 PM
This is for Ubisoft and their representatives.

Right. Where to start...

I have just read through the book. There is nothing in this book at all about Play Styles.

So...

I ask for info.
Ubisoft say buy a book for the info.
I buy the book for £20.
This is after I have already bought the game.
Bought the Season Pass.
Bought a couple of items from the store.

So. Can you imagine how I feel with regards to this........

You guys are a joke.

SoonerOX
03-28-2017, 06:37 AM
I just got off chat with Ubi support asking this very question. They sent me to the forum. Of course, I am an active member on the GRWL forum and have searched ad nauseum here for a definitive answer. There is no definitive answer here, Ubi support doesn't know or refuses to answer, and now a community rep gives a poor answer. I asked the Ubi support rep I spoke to to escalate my request up the chain. If they ever get back to me with an answer, I will post it here.

Ubi-Zoro
03-29-2017, 12:30 AM
The Prima guide has a section that covers playstyles - it goes over specific weapons and skills recommended for the different styles and discusses tactics as well. I used it as a reference for my previous answer.

My intention was not to get you to purchase anything, I was only offering that as a possible resource that anyone could use when wanting to find out further details.

I'm sorry that I can't provide additional information on this issue myself, but I am actively trying to find more information on what you are looking for.

cpswords
03-29-2017, 11:34 AM
I do appreciate you were only providing information you were given, the book play style names are:
Assault
Stealth
Sniper
Recon
Commander
These play style names are not even in the game.

Ubisoft have still broke the Misrepresentation Act 1967 law, and I'm still £20 out of pocket from their mistake, and I am still without this information.

basket_man
03-29-2017, 06:56 PM
http://s019.radikal.ru/i618/1703/b7/36b5e65871dc.jpg

Ubi-Zoro
04-01-2017, 01:13 AM

Thanks for sharing this Basket_man,

Could you give us the link to where you found this?

Dyslexic-Snail
04-05-2017, 12:46 PM
I have gone from Scout - Ranger - Overwatch. I can only Imagine this happened because I do take my Silencers etc off when shooting at Helicopters.

Bill70_O_S
11-26-2017, 12:40 AM

Good info many thx for sharing.....Basket_man