PDA

View Full Version : Warlord's light parry, working as intended?

Omy86
03-10-2017, 02:36 PM
It's about warlord's light parry (light attacks have superior block properties --> blocking + counterattacking with a light attack).
From my testing it works:

- when parrying a light or heavy from an assassin type char, being the consequence of their non-permanent block stance.
- when parrying a heavy from the other type of chars (Vanguard, Heavy, Hybrid)

But when parrying a light attack from the type of char mentioned above (Vanguard, Heavy, Hybrid), it gets blocked due to the nature of permanent block stance these chars have. This isn't even intentionally, the event happens so fast that the player can't even change stance by mistake or something. It's basically auto block on it.

Now this isn't a "pls buff this" kind of thread, but from the looks of it, this isn't behaving as intended. What is the purpose of this move, when everybody knows that parrying with heavy attack is superior? Being in the movelist means it should have an advantage, thou all it does is feed opponents revenge bar and consuming the warlord's stamina.
And the assassin player is disadvantaged since he can't do anything about it. I don't think moves that work only against certain types of chars are intended in this game.

I know Valkyrie and Warden (on top light) have the same kind of move. Can anyone confirm how it works for them?

ArcheDemonm
03-10-2017, 08:39 PM
Since it is more difficult to perform then a parry due to earlier frame window it should actually be buffed. Right now you have to anticipate a light on fast attacks to even use this move(and can react to heavy). So its not really justified to be so ineffective against lights.

The_Mensan
03-11-2017, 07:15 PM
It's about warlord's light parry (light attacks have superior block properties --> blocking + counterattacking with a light attack).
From my testing it works:

- when parrying a light or heavy from an assassin type char, being the consequence of their non-permanent block stance.
- when parrying a heavy from the other type of chars (Vanguard, Heavy, Hybrid)

But when parrying a light attack from the type of char mentioned above (Vanguard, Heavy, Hybrid), it gets blocked due to the nature of permanent block stance these chars have. This isn't even intentionally, the event happens so fast that the player can't even change stance by mistake or something. It's basically auto block on it.

Now this isn't a "pls buff this" kind of thread, but from the looks of it, this isn't behaving as intended. What is the purpose of this move, when everybody knows that parrying with heavy attack is superior? Being in the movelist means it should have an advantage, thou all it does is feed opponents revenge bar and consuming the warlord's stamina.
And the assassin player is disadvantaged since he can't do anything about it. I don't think moves that work only against certain types of chars are intended in this game.

I know Valkyrie and Warden (on top light) have the same kind of move. Can anyone confirm how it works for them?

I think they changed it recently...

Autoblock is a thing now. Normally if you are in a move or being hit, you can't block even in the direct of your previous guard state. Now you can.

Orochi used to be able to Storm Rush, Top Light x2. Now the Top Light can be AUTO BLOCKED (not normal blocked, but auto works).

ArcheDemonm
03-14-2017, 02:52 PM
I think they changed it recently...

Autoblock is a thing now. Normally if you are in a move or being hit, you can't block even in the direct of your previous guard state. Now you can.

Orochi used to be able to Storm Rush, Top Light x2. Now the Top Light can be AUTO BLOCKED (not normal blocked, but auto works).

Warlords light parry autoblock, same as special parry heavyautoblock are the issues since launch, i assure you.

Razor__Fox
03-16-2017, 10:07 AM
yeah to be honest I cant think of many occasions to use the light counter over a parry. Ill use it sometimes to mix up my timing against certain opponents, but for the most part it aint neccesary.