PDA

View Full Version : In a duel, do you enjoy pushing someone off the cliff?(or being pushed off the cliff)

ButtR8peArtist
03-10-2017, 07:28 AM
I need to hear public's opinion on this one

For me and many others, the only reason I play 1 vs 1 is to test my own skills in combat, no gear stats, no helpers, just me and the opponent, the last thing I wish to see is my heavy accidently hit some1 off the cliff when he's 10% 30% or have more HP than me, or facing a warloard and lawbriner you know you can beat, but if you were unlucky enough to some default

Some characters have x5-x6 times more throw distance and throw initiating kit without a single piece of gear, some maps are designed for those cheesy characters, forcing 1 in 3 duels is annoying enough, worse yet, many duel maps, forcing you to suffer through 2 out of 3 cliff maps.

The duel maps were designed with earth shattering stupidity, forcing the cliff pushing agenda to your throat even knowing throw distance is largely unbalanced between characters, in some map like Japanese Temple, 2 out of 3 maps are 1 shot cliff map, why are you doing this UBI? Don't you understand why 2 people choose to duel in the first place?

Being as cheesy as you want in other modes, but keep those cheap & moronic elements out of the duel.

Yianyan
03-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Environmental effects are part of the game. Fighting games have ring outs and such. Some maps are designed rather poorly in duel mode with this in mind, though. One maybe two rounds on a bridge is one thing but some maps just have to have gravity no more than a foot from any point on the map (exaggeration, of course). Maybe map preference should be a thing when matchmaking? Canyon is a pretty good map for duels. It has the bridge concept but inverted, walls on all sides, so you can still use the environment but not for one shot gravity kills.

TCTF_SWAT
03-10-2017, 07:41 AM
I like em'. Keep em'. Puts more pressure on defense.

Gnarxly
03-10-2017, 07:48 AM
Sure, it's fun.
Ofc it's not exactly fun when you're the one falling down but the fun and thrill before it happens, is worth it.

TCTF_SWAT
03-10-2017, 08:01 AM
That kind of question makes no sense anyway? why would anyone enjoy being pushed off a cliff? It's like saying "I enjoy losing and never want to win ever."

People just have to realize that video games aren't supposed to be every second of fun. There's bound to be parts that people won't like. Kinda how it works.

Tundra 793
03-10-2017, 08:05 AM
I don't mind the environmental hazards, but a few too many 1v1 maps do seem to focus far too much on narrow arenas, with cliffs all around you.

These things do have their place in the game, but not in 1v1 I think. Those small, intense, player focused duels should make an effort to concentrate on skills, not turn it into a "who can GB first" contest.

Orolinwe
03-10-2017, 08:11 AM
Exactly what Absalon said.

Overall, I enjoy the cliffs and environmental hazards, but there are too many 1v1 maps that are just ridiculous with the narrow areas and ledges all over. At least, on these maps, give the fighters somewhere they can move to if both of them of want to fight away from the ledges. (I do try to do this whenever I can, and the other player usually follows me.)

Einherjar25
03-10-2017, 08:14 AM
I don't mind the environmental hazards, but a few too many 1v1 maps do seem to focus far too much on narrow arenas, with cliffs all around you.

These things do have their place in the game, but not in 1v1 I think. Those small, intense, player focused duels should make an effort to concentrate on skills, not turn it into a "who can GB first" contest.

Yes, EXACTLY.

tonycawley69
03-10-2017, 08:18 AM
There's always a small spot you can move to with no hazards around. I always do this.

Turric4n666
03-10-2017, 08:29 AM
I don't enjoy it. I just do it.

De4d_0n_Sight
03-10-2017, 09:01 AM
If it is a spammer or PK, yes.

Zedaaaaa
03-10-2017, 09:45 AM
I love it if I make people salty for pushing them off ;)

DrinkinMyStella
03-10-2017, 09:59 AM
What ever happens happens. ill fight fair until you try and knock me off then ill just do it back

ZEONesp
03-10-2017, 10:29 AM
I love them. It brings more different situations and sometimes they are really fun. And sometimes, they bring you a chance to defeat a player who is clearly more skilled than you or hispick is simply better and currently OP, so I think is his own fault to be grabed and pushed off.

If people git gut countering GB, we wont be talking about this.

secrecy274
03-10-2017, 10:43 AM
Generally, I enjoy them, they make the round far more intense, especially when you're fighting on the edge of the abyss.
However I generally don't go for them except when:
1) It's a small map, rather them than me.
2) They did it to me earlier.
3) They spam, for example "vortex" Wardens and headbutt Warlords.
-Bonus points if I manage to grab them out of the unblockable with a Long Arm and throw them of the cliff behind me.

Teh1one
03-10-2017, 10:45 AM
only against Warlord, Warden, Peacekeeper, Conq, orochi :o

puzonyyx
03-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Envi kills are part of the game but bridge-maps seems awful in duel because they cause GB spam. It's not fun at all when players are focused only on spamming one button to push enemy of the bridge.

ButtR8peArtist
03-11-2017, 04:25 AM
So many people can't read or fail to understand the question.

I made it very clear that the first condition is "IN A DUEL", of course cliff fall is cool in other modes, we all know what's up.

For me, the last thing I want to see in a duel is accidentally hit my opponent off with a well matched fight and suddenly you gain no respect from that person, or, a map forcing 2 guys on 80% cliff area and to see who got the first GB wins right from the start. Worse yet, some duel maps consist 2 of such maps out of 3

TCTF_SWAT
03-11-2017, 04:30 AM
Bridge duels are probably one of my faves. Mainly because not very many people feel confident in their abilities to fight on said areas. If Gb after parry was removed I could see many people willing to fight on bridges since you can't combo into a guaranteed GB.

So that leaves only 4 ways of knocking someone off.

Teching a Gb
A disable move
throws
and heavy attacks

ThePollie
03-11-2017, 06:28 AM
I think people that ***** environmentals at every opportunity deny themselves both the learning experience of a proper fight and the enjoyment of beating their opponent straight up, rather than just cheesing the first "press this and win" they can get.

TCTF_SWAT
03-11-2017, 06:33 AM
I think people that ***** environmentals at every opportunity deny themselves both the learning experience of a proper fight and the enjoyment of beating their opponent straight up, rather than just cheesing the first "press this and win" they can get.

So what you're saying is is your opponent presses less buttons then you it's not fair?

ThePollie
03-11-2017, 06:37 AM
Your inability to read is noted.

TCTF_SWAT
03-11-2017, 06:58 AM
You didn't answer my question.

SirCorrino
03-11-2017, 07:29 AM
It's part of the game, and I love it. Don't want to get thrown off? Don't stand near the edge.

Dark.Knights
03-11-2017, 08:05 AM
It's part of the game, and I love it. Don't want to get thrown off? Don't stand near the edge.Did you understand what he talking about? Is duel mode, it force you at bridge area dude.