PDA

View Full Version : Please Stop Crying For class Nerf's & Buff's, because you are Impatient Sore Loser's

Coreygunz00088
03-10-2017, 05:31 AM
I have really been enjoying this game. For me, i have stuck to the warden since i started. It is far more balanced in my opinion than many of these forum posts i have seen. Talking about buff this class, no, nerf this class. The last one i saw was a post of people crying about how the lawbringer needs a buff! lol, People need to legitimately play the game more and get better, that is all. Stick to a class that you like the most, and keep at it. Learn new tricks and strategies and you will get better, i promise.. I just fought against a Lawbringer that murdered me and everyone on my team one by one in a single round of elimination. Guess what happened next? i changed up my strategy, and beat him the remaining rounds and my team won. I certainly did not get pissed off, nit pick the strengths of that characters moveset, and call out for something that will throw off the entire balance of the game. If Ubisoft starts constantly buffing and nerfing classes, i promise you it will do far greater bad in the grand scheme of things, than good. Mark my words. I can understand asking for glitch fixes and things like that, but getting butthurt at a loss to a certain class consecutively and then taking out your frustration by crying to the developer's about throwing off the balance of the game is not the solution. Think about what your class does well, and analyze how you can use that nullify the opposing player. That is all you need to do, i promise. Calm down, practice, and learn the maps/game modes = win. That is the equasion that seperates winner's from butthurt sore loser's. It truly is that simple. No matter how unfair something may seem, there is always something that will beat it. that is the most important lesson i have learned from playing this game against all classes, all the while sticking to my favorite one.

Natedog858585
03-10-2017, 05:42 AM
I have really been enjoying this game. For me, i have stuck to the warden since i started. It is far more balanced in my opinion than many of these forum posts i have seen. Talking about buff this class, no, nerf this class. The last one i saw was a post of people crying about how the lawbringer needs a buff! lol, People need to legitimately play the game more and get better, that is all. Stick to a class that you like the most, and keep at it. Learn new tricks and strategies and you will get better, i promise.. I just fought against a Lawbringer that murdered me and everyone on my team one by one in a single round of elimination. Guess what happened next? i changed up my strategy, and beat him the remaining rounds and my team won. I certainly did not get pissed off, nit pick the strengths of that characters moveset, and call out for something that will throw off the entire balance of the game. If Ubisoft starts constantly buffing and nerfing classes, i promise you it will do far greater bad in the grand scheme of things, than good. Mark my words. I can understand asking for glitch fixes and things like that, but getting butthurt at a loss to a certain class consecutively and then taking out your frustration by crying to the developer's about throwing off the balance of the game is not the solution. Think about what your class does well, and analyze how you can use that nullify the opposing player. That is all you need to do, i promise. Calm down, practice, and learn the maps/game modes = win. That is the equasion that seperates winner's from butthurt sore loser's. It truly is that simple. No matter how unfair something may seem, there is always something that will beat it. that is the most important lesson i have learned from playing this game against all classes, all the while sticking to my favorite one.

lawbringer objectively has a low winrate due to having no real way to do damage with how defensive the meta is. in higher comp plays, his pickrate is abysmal and other characters like warlord or chonch do his job but a hell of a lot more effectively. Second, PK straight up is unstoppable if you have the revenge gear set and you know how to spam mixups between lights and zones that are nearly impossible to know where its coming from unless you guessed right. At the moment the game is bleeding players not because characters, but the gear meta that allows people to have an advantage of being surrounded than a disadvantage.

Also, sticking to a class leads you to having your nose put to the grindstone due to how MM is at the current state. If you get one character to rep 1, congrats, you are now shoved into gearscore 108 match ups because of having one rep hero. I learned that the hard way near launch when i played shugoki for funsies and got slammed after getting rep 1 as a joke.

Felis_Menari
03-10-2017, 05:59 AM
Spoken like someone who doesn't know that balance changes occur for a reason. Devs are totally infallible, totally.... XD

Fishes_InA_Can
03-10-2017, 06:03 AM
Here we go. Guy with one of the big 4 tells everyone to calm down and really assess their character and their strengths. Is this a joke? Have you actually played as raider? Have you tried it? It's an awful joke. If you're telling me the game is balanced right now you're funny.

To get to the core we need to ask what Ubisoft had in mind when designing how the characters work. Are their direct counters to every character? Or are we meant to do whatever we wish however we want?

Coreygunz00088
03-10-2017, 06:20 AM
Spoken like someone who doesn't know that balance changes occur for a reason. Devs are totally infallible, totally.... XD

You guys are right, my mistake. I should have spent more time specifying what i meant by a nerf or buff. Generally things like damage an attack does, its speed, or timing. These are things are what need to be kept in place without altercations. The class move-sets as well, should not change at all. Adjustments can be made for glitches or exploits like the vortex, whatever the one is called for the Conqueror, or the Orochi. For me, i can kill people using those exploits, but i understand how they can become bothersome and upset the intended competitive dynamic; but when you start tweaking the damage and speed, and the core mechanics of a character class, it really does end up just becoming a never ending back and forth of "oh this class is too strong", or "this class is too op compared this other class", or "my class used to be so great and now it is trash" Then action is taken, and an imbalance occurs, resulting in a reduced player and dissatisfied player base. The multiplayer inevitably becomes frustrating, tedious and unreliable. I stopped playing both world of Warcraft and Destiny for those very reasons, long ago;, and i am not the only one. I understand that my post is far too generalized, and not specific enough. I had seen so many "Buff", or "Nerf" posts, that i rushed into a response without clarification, and i apologize.

Coreygunz00088
03-10-2017, 06:33 AM
Here we go. Guy with one of the big 4 tells everyone to calm down and really assess their character and their strengths. Is this a joke? Have you actually played as raider? Have you tried it? It's an awful joke. If you're telling me the game is balanced right now you're funny.

To get to the core we need to ask what Ubisoft had in mind when designing how the characters work. Are their direct counters to every character? Or are we meant to do whatever we wish however we want?

I have played the Raider during the story campaign, but have not done so in multiplayer because i like knights, and i like swords; so i went Warden. In all games i pick one class and stick to it. I have gotten my *** whooped by a Raider on a good few occasions. The thing is, they have an extremely powerful unblock able attack that if combo'd and timed right can cause big trouble for opposition. Their tackle ability is also pretty awesome, and can offset some of the strengths of other characters. I take your point, but the Raider already has incredible damage compared to the warden, which makes up for the speedy light combo in encounters when used properly. Its certainly not a joke, you can succeed with the raider, and buffing his speed on top of his damage output, would create a borderline overpowered beast that everyone would subsequently switch too; causing more complaints to nerf this or buff that. I did over generalize in my original post as well. My above response sum's up my feelings on the subject slightly more thoroughly.

Oakleaf__Ranger
03-10-2017, 06:51 AM
So is the raider more or less on the same level of everyone else or is that just me talking out my ***? Also why mention elimination mode as your base line for balancing. The barebones of the game should where the core of focus should be for balance. Not the mode where you can artificially enhance multiple/different stats and face others with different fluxes in power. Any character with balls to the walls stats can be made to appear balanced/good, including the law bringer. Take him over too duels and brawls and see how much your opinion will change about him where stats are static.

Squ1dF4ce
03-10-2017, 07:06 AM

You Sir, have made a good point.

However you did not sugar coat it and make it super PC so you will be responded with hate and ignorance of lesser men.

Hitokiri_Xero
03-10-2017, 07:12 AM
Adjustments can be made for glitches or exploits like the vortex, whatever the one is called for the Conqueror, or the Orochi.

What... Orochi has a vortex? Can someone tell me what this is? And i find it funny how OP talks about how balanced Warden is when they have the strongest vortex abilities imo. Granted, i just find Warden to be too strong atm with it's top light attack speed, the crushing counter, the double side lights, the shoulder bash vortex that can either a charge, a GB or a parry depending on what the opponent does.

But, what do i know, i play an Orochi and apparently we have a vortex ability...:confused:

Turric4n666
03-10-2017, 08:52 AM
Balancing a game like this is rather easy, when people would actually give usefull feedback.

My class is bad and needs a buff because there is ine glaring problem. The probability of you not being good is likely.

Instead, if you want to win or think some class is not playable, play the class you think is best. Then you can assess what problem other classes have against your class and buff them accordingly.

Also you will probably get your back handed to you by your old class along the way because there is always someone better than you.

De4d_0n_Sight
03-10-2017, 08:56 AM
I have played the Raider during the story campaign, but have not done so in multiplayer because i like knights, and i like swords; so i went Warden. In all games i pick one class and stick to it. I have gotten my *** whooped by a Raider on a good few occasions. The thing is, they have an extremely powerful unblock able attack that if combo'd and timed right can cause big trouble for opposition. Their tackle ability is also pretty awesome, and can offset some of the strengths of other characters. I take your point, but the Raider already has incredible damage compared to the warden, which makes up for the speedy light combo in encounters when used properly. Its certainly not a joke, you can succeed with the raider, and buffing his speed on top of his damage output, would create a borderline overpowered beast that everyone would subsequently switch too; causing more complaints to nerf this or buff that. I did over generalize in my original post as well. My above response sum's up my feelings on the subject slightly more thoroughly.

Not sure if dumb or just trolling.

1) you played raider against bots? No sh1t Einstein, clap clap. So you have noch clue as raider against humans, point.
2) unblockable attack? The slow one with sound effect every moron can parry and punish?
3) the raider's so stronk attack is useless as everyone can dodge, block or parry. Unless you are dumb, blind or dead.
4) raider's guard change needs buffing. Point.
5) as you are playing the OP spam-it Warden just stfu. Please go.

m0u-1337
03-10-2017, 09:06 AM
I main raider since beta. And i lose MANY 1vs1 games because of his abilities (in fact he only has the unblockable that can easily be parried). There is nearly no way in winning a game as raider against any other class because he is so amazingly slow that everyone can outplay him.

i dont know where you get the infos from that the raider is strong and the warden (btw. one of the best classes atm) is not?! you must be trolling, srsly.

Turric4n666
03-10-2017, 09:15 AM
I main raider since beta. And i lose MANY 1vs1 games because of his abilities (in fact he only has the unblockable that can easily be parried). There is nearly no way in winning a game as raider against any other class because he is so amazingly slow that everyone can outplay him.

i dont know where you get the infos from that the raider is strong and the warden (btw. one of the best classes atm) is not?! you must be trolling, srsly.

Counter thesis: you lose many 1on1 because you are not as good as your opponent.

C.K.Paterson
03-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Raider is easy to face honestly. I play as warden and I find it quite simple to go againsed raiders even good ones that use there side unblockable more often. Played as the raider and found him way to basic.

In saying that though I don't believe that is the issue at hand with this game. This games player base has decreased significantly and if we want anything to change we need to get on the same page about what first needs to be done. I do not believe it chaning the character balances. Not yet anyway.

Masher8559
03-10-2017, 09:33 AM
If you seriously think that characters such as Raider and Lawbringer are on par with Warden,Warlord and Peacekeeper, then you really should take the time to start playing them your self before coming to the forums calling people cry babies. Warden is easy and far superior to any lawbringer/Raider in a 1v1. The only time people win as these characters in 1v1 situations are simply because their opponent doesn't know what they are doing.

Warlord absolutely destroys these two characters and is actually the reason i've recently switched to Warlord, currently in my opinion by far the best character for 1v1/2v2 and 4v4 modes.

The game has 12 characters, if you seriously think the game is perfectly balanced and that it's just bad players crying on forums, then you have no idea.

m0u-1337
03-10-2017, 09:46 AM
Counter thesis: you lose many 1on1 because you are not as good as your opponent.

No, if the opponent has just the slightest idea of how his class works then every raider, no matter how good he is, will be crushed. the only class which is quite equal is lawbringer.

Turric4n666
03-10-2017, 09:47 AM
Didn't i just state one can not asses the weakness of a Character by playing him? And now you say that all should play raider to see that he is to weak.. How does that make sense?

Do you know everything about a character? Do you know. Everything about your opponent? Are you playing to win and using every tool your character has? Are you good?

To many variables. Stick to asses that your class is to Strong and specify why you have no trouble against raider.

Then win some tournaments with said strong class. Now we have a strong argument.

Raider has a 1shot gb with whom he can carry you across the whole map. Are you using that as a zoning tool?

C.K.Paterson
03-10-2017, 09:55 AM
I agree on all parts. Warlord is very strong. Warden is the very easy to lern but very hard to master class with the peacekeeper being very fast and swift. In comparison to the Raider and Lawbringer they definitely have there advantages.

Still not the issue at hand with this game at the moment. More important things need to be sorted first.
This is definitely 2nd maybe 3rd on the list.

LordEythir
03-10-2017, 10:09 AM
Valk was wayyyy too overpumped. :mad:

LordEythir
03-10-2017, 10:14 AM

Look I have just got to say this. The fact that you ONLY play warden makes your thoughts on balance completely irrelevant. Think about it, you literally have no relevant experience using different characters against various other characters. That is all, carry on.

Xaviloga
03-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Agree with you that many times people complain for non objective reasons. I see many posts where people turns anecdote into category. Anyways, the opposite happens too. There are people that allways give the same answer no matter what: Git gud. My class is underpowered = git gud, i have connection issues = git gud, i bought the game today and matchmaker pair me with Rep. 10 players = git gud, etc.

Teh1one
03-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Vortex, Vortex, Vortex, Zone, Overhead, Vortex, Vortex BALANCED

Natedog858585
03-10-2017, 04:21 PM

this shows how out of the loop you are, raider is nothing in higher playing levels because hes so predictable. All of his attacks (bar the leap jab) are easy to predict and, even worse, easy to parry. His unblockable comes from one direction and the windup is slow. Even if i somehow got combo'd, I can see that orange flashing and parry it with my eyes closed. Warden, Warlord, Conch, valk, PK, Zerker (with the right gear) are king right now due to either how fast they attack, or that they have bashes to break defenses to get a jab or heavy in. Raider is fun, but he has no way to pry himself into defenses in a 1v1 scenario. The same goes for LB who has to rely on the pancake flip to get a heavy in, or a grab into a wall. I want both to be viable, but lvling them to have decent gear is like pulling teeth.