PDA

View Full Version : 1 vs 1 Duel with no environmental hazards

Cipher_73
03-09-2017, 09:56 PM
We really need an option for fighting in arenas that have no environmental hazards whatsoever. Pits, bridges, ledges, spikes, etc.

A proper 1 vs 1 with none of these would be great.

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Hmm i think the problem is that you can not vote on maps because the lobby always gets disbanded.

MeetYaMaster
03-09-2017, 11:00 PM
yes please, make it happen. Removal of directional throw is something I want implemented into duel/brawl.

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 11:06 PM
Wrong topic and no. That's integral part of the game.

MeetYaMaster
03-09-2017, 11:30 PM
Oh ok, well since you say so.

Kelson27
03-09-2017, 11:35 PM
ABSOLUTELY. Having it as an option doesn't effect you clowns who just want to spam guard break so what's your problem? I immediately move to an area where it doesn't happen if possible, some maps it's unavoidable. Those cheap kills should be a whole lot easier to counter if it can end in an immediate death. It's harder to counter an insta-kill than a heavy right now.

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 11:40 PM
ABSOLUTELY. Having it as an option doesn't effect you clowns who just want to spam guard break so what's your problem? I immediately move to an area where it doesn't happen if possible, some maps it's unavoidable. Those cheap kills should be a whole lot easier to counter if it can end in an immediate death. It's harder to counter an insta-kill than a heavy right now.

funny thing that so far no one disagreed.

ShadowFetus
03-09-2017, 11:43 PM
Wrong topic and no. That's integral part of the game.

General Discussion is a perfectly fine place for this topic lol.

It's really not an "integral" part of the game.

While I don't have an issue with the mechanic, It is perfectly reasonable to want a straight 1v1 duel without pit-falls. I would be interested in playing such a mode.

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 11:45 PM
General Discussion is a perfectly fine place for this topic lol.

It's really not an "integral" part of the game.

While I don't have an issue with the mechanic, It is perfectly reasonable to want a straight 1v1 duel without pit-falls. I would be interested in playing such a mode.

There literally is a topic for this exact thing on the front page.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1602845-1-vs-1-Duel-with-no-environmental-hazards

so, no. it is not.

And why is it not an integral part?

I would like to remove attacking.

Cipher_73
03-10-2017, 12:33 AM
Hmm i think the problem is that you can not vote on maps because the lobby always gets disbanded.

That wouldn't solve it though. Each area has three variations to fight in. Usually one medium-large open space, close quarters, and hazards or bridge.

We need a map or arena that allows a straight fight for those who want that direct skill challenge.

Kinda like how Street Fighter used to be. It was a straight fight between two opponents and the levels were all just for looks. But no one dealt with obstacles or map hazards. They just fought. We need this for this game.

Turric4n666
03-10-2017, 12:40 AM
That wouldn't solve it though. Each area has three variations to fight in. Usually one medium-large open space, close quarters, and hazards or bridge.

We need a map or arena that allows a straight fight for those who want that direct skill challenge.

Kinda like how Street Fighter used to be. It was a straight fight between two opponents and the levels were all just for looks. But no one dealt with obstacles or map hazards. They just fought. We need this for this game.

well, yes. for that you would need to take out maps out of your personal map rotation.. which is not a function that is implemented yet.

Kelson27
03-10-2017, 12:42 AM
funny thing that so far no one disagreed.

I take it you were responding to the removal of directional throw then, my bad. Looks like I'm not the only one taking your post out of context.

Turric4n666
03-10-2017, 12:58 AM
I take it you were responding to the removal of directional throw then, my bad. Looks like I'm not the only one taking your post out of context.

My bad. I am all for choosing maps that you prefer as long as it's not implemented in ranked mode.

eliteslayer66
03-10-2017, 02:10 AM
TBH people just need to learn how to CGB.

DJ_Masterson
03-10-2017, 02:16 AM
I support this idea, even though I'm one of those *******s who'll dump you off a cliff at every given opportunity!

ShadowFetus
03-10-2017, 02:22 AM
There literally is a topic for this exact thing on the front page.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1602845-1-vs-1-Duel-with-no-environmental-hazards

so, no. it is not.

And why is it not an integral part?

I would like to remove attacking.

What? Your comparison is weak at best.

It's not a necessary component for the game to function, while attacking would be a necessary component for the game to function.

Look at gear. There are modes with and without it.

This isnt a difficult concept to grasp.

TCTF_SWAT
03-10-2017, 02:28 AM
Would just make people turtle more.

Gray360UK
03-10-2017, 02:37 AM
That's integral part of the game.

Have to agree.

Some might not like the direction Ubisoft went with this game, but they went in that direction very clearly, regardless.
Their vision for the games world is unarguably one in which you can be pushed off of things all of the time.
Watch the Warden Advanced Tutorial video in-game, for example.
If you have not seen it, go watch it.
Tell me how many seconds it takes before the Warden wins a duel by kicking someone off a ledge.

99% of the complaints on this forum are a similar refusal to accept the reality of what the game is, vs what people would like it to be.
Now of course you can ask for a mode such as this all you like.
But you cannot argue that environmental hazards are not an integral part of the game.

It's not beyoind the realms of possibility for them to do this though. As much as BF1 is all about the vehicle combat and range of weaponry, DICE have added modes that have no vehicles / only Standard Issue Rifles and so on. So there is a precedent for leaving out elements of your game to make modes that cater for a specific part of your playerbase.

Einherjar25
03-10-2017, 03:00 AM

I agree 1 000 000%, and 1 000 000% is an understatement here. Not to mention they are "true" GB ingame that are uncounterable = AUTOWIN on certain map layout. My brain just exploded.

Einherjar25
03-10-2017, 03:01 AM
TBH people just need to learn how to CGB.

Some GB are uncounterable NOOB. This means insta death on certain maps. How is that fair and dare I ask even logical!?!

TCTF_SWAT
03-10-2017, 04:25 AM
Well Gb are un techable I believe from 3 things

)whiffing certain attacks
getting parried (should be removed)
and dashes

Felis_Menari
03-10-2017, 06:12 AM
yes please, make it happen. Removal of directional throw is something I want implemented into duel/brawl.

So players should be unable to make use of wall stun, even if they are near one? Such a change would reduce the effectiveness of throws for slow moving/dodging characters, and *increase* the ease in which assassins can make use of them due to their increased mobility. Hell, no. This isn't happening, not no way, not no how. Maaaybe, no-ring out/hazard matchmaking will be introduced. I wouldn't get my hopes up though; the lead balance/gameplay dev himself stated that he has no problems with environmental hazards.