PDA

View Full Version : assasins side step (side dash) No stamina cost!

droledianTR
03-09-2017, 09:20 PM
I have prestige 4 full geared (108) Orochi and Peacekeeper but side step anyoing even me soo much. Please add stamina cost all assasins side step. Please do something about this.

PackingMoney
03-09-2017, 09:26 PM
I have prestige 4 full geared (108) Orochi and Peacekeeper but side step anyoing even me soo much. Please add stamina cost all assasins side step. Please do something about this.

So you use side steps but find it annoying when people use it against you?

Kharneth88
03-09-2017, 10:02 PM
It would be a very good idea for Ubisoft to make both dodging and blocking require stamina while not exhausted. Make it cost roughly the equivalent of a light attack when you dodge or block. This would help the defensive meta greatly.

The only real issue is when your exhausted you'd be unable to do anything, so I don't think you'd want this effect during exhaustion times.

Agent Talon
03-09-2017, 10:08 PM
If blocking takes stamina then the assassin class could just spam attacks on anyone slower until they were out of stamina on open to get demolished.

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 10:24 PM

That's actually how balancing works. You find something that is to good and report it.

Balancing doesn't work the other way around, you can't say that something that beats you is to strong and should be nerfed. Well technically you can and many do that. But it holds no meaning when you can't prove it yourself.

S8Canadian
03-09-2017, 10:47 PM
It would be interesting to see stamina drain on dodging and even running away in some cases, and blocking. I don't think it should be same as a light attack though and I'm not sure how it would affect things. It could make it way worse.

Wasn't any of this stuff tried in pre-alpha and alpha? Seems like something folks at ubi would have at least thought about. The side step - the only side step I find that isn't annoying is the berserker because it's slower and I can block it. If the orochi and pk were slow in this, it may balance it out a bit.

droledianTR
03-10-2017, 06:45 AM

No. It's anoying me when anyone (even I) doing this wtihout stamina cost..

feuerundblut
03-10-2017, 07:03 AM
Without a side step spam, what will you do against a valkyrie exactly? Cause this is our only chance to survive and possibly win at the moment.

Hitokiri_Xero
03-10-2017, 07:52 AM
Right... Make sidestepping cost stamina, that won't make heroes with vortex abilities stronger or anything.

astro_spacer
03-10-2017, 02:23 PM
I'm not sure if you want to get into a game where defensive abilities cost stamina. It won't feel so good when you land all your dodges/parrys perfectly and they still win because they attacked you more.

There are other ways around dodge spam that work quite well, feinting heavy attacks into guard breaks probably being the best I've found so far.

I have seen game developers attempt to add stamina costs to literally everything, it ends up being more of headache. The studio of this game didn't end up doing a lot of things I liked, but i'm quite pleased with how they handled stamina. If I had the choice, I would get rid of stamina all together. I have never found it a fun mechanic in games; especially melee ones. However I understand it's necessity to punish players.

CarnivalLaw
03-10-2017, 02:49 PM
I agree.

Vrexxen
03-10-2017, 02:55 PM
I agree.

of course you do :p

-Hektik