PDA

View Full Version : High Lvl Vengeance gear is killing the game.

Trenk2009
03-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Revenge gain by injury is complete ********. ******s don't need to block they just got hit and gain revenge in 2 hits.

That's completely dumb and kills all the fun of ganking. It seems easier to win 1v2 and 1v3 than actual 1V1.

I don't want to stop playing dominion and elimination because of this.

Let's be clear: without revenge, doing more than 1v1 would be impossible. But as of right now, high levels gear allow to gain revenge by doing literally nothing.

This needs to be nerfed asap or even removed from the game.

When I was playing during beta and alphas it was way more fun. Doing 1v2 and 1v3 was thrilling and winning often depended on my enemies cleverness and my reaction time.
Now people don't care, they just get hit and then their stuff does the rest.

I don't get the concept as a whole. It should be easier to clutch when better at the game not simply thanks to the stuff you have.

Putting a cooldown on revenge would be a great idea.

PackingMoney
03-09-2017, 09:08 PM
Revenge gain by injury is complete ********. ******s don't need to block they just got hit and gain revenge in 2 hits.

That's completely dumb and kills all the fun of ganking. It seems easier to win 1v2 and 1v3 than actual 1V1.

I don't want to stop playing dominion and elimination because of this.

Let's be clear: without revenge, doing more than 1v1 would be impossible. But as of right now, high levels gear allow to gain revenge by doing literally nothing.

This needs to be nerfed asap or even removed from the game.

When I was playing during beta and alphas it was way more fun. Doing 1v2 and 1v3 was thrilling and winning often depended on my enemies cleverness and my reaction time.
Now people don't care, they just get hit and then their stuff does the rest.

I don't get the concept as a whole. It should be easier to clutch when better at the game not simply thanks to the stuff you have.

Putting a cooldown on revenge would be a great idea.

There is a cooldown on it. You have to build it back up.

Squ1dF4ce
03-09-2017, 09:17 PM
Stop saying literally when you mean figuratively.

also git gud

SpringReborn
03-09-2017, 09:46 PM
There is a cooldown on it. You have to build it back up.

Not defending what he said, but "cooldown" is close to non-existant when you have heroic gear. 2 or 3 hits and it's all the way up again

PokePokeBleed
03-09-2017, 09:49 PM
Not defending what he said, but "cooldown" is close to non-existant when you have heroic gear. 2 or 3 hits and it's all the way up again

This is an exaggeration in 1v1...lol I have max revenge gain by defense and injury as 2nd, on 4 heros, I can firmly tell you 2-3 hits does not proc it. Unless you are claiming revenge gain by injury at max outscales revenge by defense massively, and 3 hits will put me back in revenge..is this what your claiming?

With my gain by injury as my 2nd max at 108 (3/4) way it doesn't usually proc till I'm fairly low on hp, and thats with me getting hit and defending. (PKs trigger it the most spamming)

In a gang up situation sure its nearly instant revenge, but thats what you get for 3-4 v 1. I've had revenge procs nonstop for 2 minutes straight while i keep 1-2 shotting them and someone is quick reviving (I run zero revenge duration for better usage in gang up situations and the overshield/parry proc). Try disengaging and letting people 1v1 the, most 108 lobbies none of us gang up for that reason half the time

Alustar.exe
03-09-2017, 09:52 PM
Stop saying literally when you mean figuratively.

also git gud

He did mean literally. As on you can literally stand there, not act, get hit and build revenge. Nothing figurative about it. Why don't you "git gud" at reading comprehension.

PokePokeBleed
03-09-2017, 09:58 PM
I main Nobushi, in 108 revenge build, I can typically kill my opponents in equal 108 gear before either of us proc revenge. If its a even matchup and a lot of parries/defense is going out yea both of us are gonna proc revenge at the same time usually and it goes down to baiting it, or whoever is better at parrying. Either way I don't mind it

I'm playing a lower tier hero and I have no complaints about it, heck vs any PK/Warlord/Warden at my level, its the only way I even have a chance of beating them, defending as much as i can and going for a revenge kill to save it.

Revenge in 1v1 is the only thing keeping some of heros in lower end of spectrum viable for playing in 108 gear. Without it, the serious lack of balance would be more glaring and the matchups fairly 1 sided. You would literally just sit there while they parry every laughable slow light attack/heavy you attempt to throw out, punish you to death. If you try to turtle, they abuse the fact your guard changes slower on certain heros like nobu/lawbringer/raider and gut you out. The entire time you would your laughable offense disregarded, and your even more laughable defense cut through, revenge is the ONLY mechanic keeping these heros in game in 108 gear vs any higher tier hero with simply better kits, offense/defense options.

Don't take this personally, but in the eyes of low/mid tier player revenge is an "overpowered broken mechanic" someone who plays vs higher tier opponents who typically play stronger heros (Lets face it who really wants to play a raider and get murdered by a PK/Warlord/Warden or 50/50 turtle orochi every match helplessly) When you play consistently against opponents who know parry timings on weaker heros, you'll quickly see why revenge is the only thing keeping them in game. I dare you to play a Nobushi vs anyone who knows how to parry, the first time you run into opponents who will consistently parry a damn light attack and punish the living hell out of you for them, or stay in your face and abuse your slow guard changes and 50/50 you to death aggressively you'll go oh man, its a good thing i had revenge to chain kick/heavy (also escapable btw) and turn it around or I would have been helpless lol

Alustar.exe
03-09-2017, 10:19 PM
I've won't, (and never have) argued the benefits of revenge. I just think it's a little over used and an extremely easy system to abuse in random match ups. Especially when you take into account the base mentality of random groupings.
Keep revenge as a way to mitigate excessive gang up matches, but find a way to tone down the usage is all.
Revenge shouldn't be used to mitigate your loss against a single for anyway. If that's the case, there are problems with either the class in question, or the player. More typically the latter.

Trenk2009
03-12-2017, 09:58 AM
I love those people saying that revenge don't proc in 1v1 situations even with 108 gear score of a revenge build.

Thanks but everyone knows that and you may wanna stop taking people for ******s since I'm obviously not talking about 1v1...

the_megacycle
03-12-2017, 11:12 PM
I never really thought of revenge as being a problem until I played with a friend who has maxed out gear.

In every four versus four match we played I stood no chance. I had no fun. I could try to out play my opponent but as soon as I got that foe to half health they had their revenge, popped it, and eliminated me in two hits. There was no running. There was no guard breaking or blocking. There was only me being executed in two hits.

I tried to help a teammate guard a point after that failure. Two players on point completely destroyed by the enemy with high level gear.

Revenge seems to encourage one player to run into mismatches, one versus two, one versus three, one versus four. With high level gear revenge can be gained to quickly. In mismatched battles it is gained in a instant. Most team based games punish players who charge headfirst into mismatches. This game rewards it. And I don't like it.

I cannot play this game with all of my friends because of this glaring issue. This issue needs to be fixed. There should be no revenge spam.

BIGTONYGUNZ
03-13-2017, 12:08 AM
seems to me like the ones that deffend exploits are the ones that can only win by them. Unfortunately that is gaming today