PDA

View Full Version : Advanced crybaby: Disabler is OP please fix

KarleBoy
03-09-2017, 08:58 PM
So, ignoring all those revenge mode is OP pls fix threads..

Let's begin with this:
Disablers can entirely shutdown a revenge mode hero, activated revenge mode but barely able to move is not a threat in most situations.

Sadly we're in an age with most gamers whine and cry without attempting to test / think for a counter for anything seemingly OP, but let's ignore this fact too:
How are we supposed to stop a disabler?

There seems to have no mechanic in game that really punish those knockdown moves.
So a guy in 108 gear can kill people in 2 hits, ok.
Next we have a disabler who can shut it down, with their knockdown / grab moves having priority over "uninterruptible attacks"
but then, there seems to be no real counter to disabling moves, except having them not able to defend all incoming attacks.

Thoughts?

Possible stuff we can do against it now, as a teammate to the revenge mode hero being harrassed:
1. Try to kill the disabler quick, but mostly your revenge mode buddy will die 1st
2. Hit the crowds focusing their attacks on the revenge mode buddy, can probably slow things down.
3. Hit the disabler during the startup animation of the grab, it should work because LB pancake can be stopped by his own teammates, poorly aimed and hit.

KarleBoy
03-10-2017, 06:02 PM
really? everyone too busy to complain about revenge gears being OP?

A disabler who can shut it down with a few button taps says hi.

PackingMoney
03-10-2017, 06:03 PM
really? everyone too busy to complain about revenge gears being OP?

A disabler who can shut it down with a few button taps says hi.

Firstly, you are not allowed to bump posts.
Secondly, everyone has already ranted on about it so I doubt they will want to repeat themselves.

secrecy274
03-10-2017, 06:39 PM
Well, having gear that can 2 shot any hero as any hero vs a select few heroes that can temporarily keep them down... yet inflict no damage themself, ultimately just stalling for time for help to arrive or Revenge to end... yeah, Disablers are op, nerf them.

AveImperator85
03-10-2017, 06:40 PM
As a Lawbringer main, I am amused when an enemy pops Revenge while surrounded. I then commence what I affectionately call the "Golden Pinata" technique. :cool:

Munktor
03-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Well, having gear that can 2 shot any hero as any hero vs a select few heroes that can temporarily keep them down... yet inflict no damage themself, ultimately just stalling for time for help to arrive or Revenge to end... yeah, Disablers are op, nerf them.

Hate to break it to you, but revenge in non-gear modes provides the ability to pretty much 2 shot any hero.

KarleBoy
03-10-2017, 08:41 PM
Let's try not to talk about whether revenge mode is OP here.

The topic I raise is about the game having a mechanic to totally stop a revenge mode activated player to do anything, by a disabler alone,
but no mechanic in game to stop a disabler who started his CC spamming engine.

I think it would be nice to have Vanguards to have an unique ability to stop / debuff the disabler:
Nerf Warden shoulder bash's offensive property, give it something to stop a CC spam instead, and give both Raider & Kensei a same move.

EDIT:
Oh and... like 80% of the replies above are like "Read topic and skip contents, make a reply and it should make sense"
Topic is a click-bait..
Am I not understanding how internet works, or am I overestimating people?

Natedog858585
03-10-2017, 08:53 PM
Let's try not to talk about whether revenge mode is OP here.

The topic I raise is about the game having a mechanic to totally stop a revenge mode activated player to do anything, by a disabler alone,
but no mechanic in game to stop a disabler who started his CC spamming engine.

I think it would be nice to have Vanguards to have an unique ability to stop / debuff the disabler:
Nerf Warden shoulder bash's offensive property, give it something to stop a CC spam instead, and give both Raider & Kensei a same move.

EDIT:
Oh and... like 80% of the replies above are like "Read topic and skip contents, make a reply and it should make sense"
Topic is a click-bait..
Am I not understanding how internet works, or am I overestimating people?

does no one know that all bashes are not exactly locked and if you dash back or left/right they come right to you with a massive window to do what you please.

secrecy274
03-10-2017, 08:57 PM
Hate to break it to you, but revenge in non-gear modes provides the ability to pretty much 2 shot any hero.
Hade to break it to you, not even close.