PDA

View Full Version : Really struggling...help please

Bucketfridge
03-09-2017, 01:02 AM
First off let me say I really do enjoy this game, but with all the issues that surround connection and latency it makes it increasingly hard to play. I know I am not the first to voice concerns on connection issues, but yet we still see nothing being done to solve them with dedicated servers. I don't know of a more frustrating circumstance than being 15 minutes into a Dominion game, and its neck and neck, only to be booted and get 0 rewards. What is perhaps even more frustrating is when there is lag between the P2P servers, and my opponents are ghosts, they appear and then vanish only to have a quarter of my health bar gone.

I'm really unsure of what to do at this point. Half my games end with some kind of disconnect. I want to get friends to play, but struggle to convince them to buy a game with the connection issues it has. I was someone who played the closed and open beta, bought the gold edition, and have been a champion for this game to anyone who would listen to me. But now I find it hard to even spend more than an hour playing, and barely able to complete a few games.

Please Ubi, you have an amazing idea in this game, I love the combat, the strategy, the mental chess, but all of that goes out the window when you cant even play the game. If anyone has any solutions that have solved their connection issues, I would be happy to hear about them. I'm sure this will be one of thousands of posts about this, and in no way am I bashing the game, or the company. But I really am at a loss. Thanks for reading through my rant, happy hunting.

Bob__Gnarly
03-09-2017, 01:21 AM
Yes it's annoying and there's not much you can do. The latest patch actually made the connectivity worse for me, not better. Amazing right?

As much as I enjoy playing when it works and would like other mates to get on board, I cannot recommend it in its current state. I would feel bad honestly, knowing how frustrating the P2P is at the moment.

The only solution I can suggest is to shelve the game until a patch is released addressing the connectivity, but even that's a long shot.