PDA

View Full Version : Can't Game Share On Profile That's Not Primary

MrUnstoppable57
03-08-2017, 10:41 PM
So this is the only game I've had trouble with regarding game sharing on a non primary PS4. I usually own most games me and my brothers/sisters play but haven't got this one yet(But I am!) and this one will not let me play on my brothers non primary PS4 while his profile is signed in.

When I try to switch to my profile after his profile starts the game, it will not allow me to load my profile or play the game even though his profile is signed in still. I can play For Honor this way and switch to my profile but Wildlands seem to have a problem.

So how can I play while his profile is active on the system without making him deactivate our other home PS4? Any help is appreciated and hope it's not confusing!

azazel_f13
03-09-2017, 10:14 PM
I don't have a solution for you, but if you could check something for me - if you log onto HIS primary console (with the game on it) are you able to load and play the game?

Ubi have done anti-game share things in the past, such as setting up the Season Passes for The Crew and R6S to only work on one account rather than allowing game share. Have they gone all the way and locked the whole game here down to a single account?

Radical-Cool-Boy
03-10-2017, 12:29 AM
"When I try to switch to my profile after his profile starts the game, it will not allow me to load my profile or play the game even though his profile is signed in still. I can play For Honor this way and switch to my profile but Wildlands seem to have a problem."

Thats kinda weird, usually game sharing does not work like this, you would need to start it up from your own profile.

"how can I play while his profile is active on the system without making him deactivate our other home PS4? Any help is appreciated and hope it's not confusing!"

You can only have two activated ps4's at once with the same account.

@azazel_f13

They haven't locked it down, I do the same thing with my brothers account since I am still a sub account (One more year and i'll be free!)

But yeah some of the season pass stuff that isn't DLC is locked down, luckily with WIldlands they didn't lock down (Most) of the season pass items and made them DLC, unlike with For Honor.

michaelabididme
03-10-2017, 04:32 AM
So this is the only game I've had trouble with regarding game sharing on a non primary PS4. I usually own most games me and my brothers/sisters play but haven't got this one yet(But I am!) and this one will not let me play on my brothers non primary PS4 while his profile is signed in.

When I try to switch to my profile after his profile starts the game, it will not allow me to load my profile or play the game even though his profile is signed in still. I can play For Honor this way and switch to my profile but Wildlands seem to have a problem.

So how can I play while his profile is active on the system without making him deactivate our other home PS4? Any help is appreciated and hope it's not confusing!

Make sure to logon on the account that bought the game,
then go to settings > PlayStation Network/Account > Restore Licenses

Than log off and logon to your own account.
You should now be able to play the game without any problems.