PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Honor - one of the biggest letdowns

KimberPrime
03-08-2017, 10:42 AM
I recently got For Honor and although I had fun playing against AI to get the hang of the game as soon as I started playing vs players everything just went to hell. I get put up against players with gold gear and multiple prestige in every single game and although that makes it incredibly hard to play and learn it isn't the biggest issue.

Every game I go into that's more than 1v1 I have these high level players run in to gang up on me 2v1 or worse when I'm trying to fight someone. In the 5 games I played tonight there wasn't a single one where I wasn't 3v1d in 4v4 game modes. Even when I try to stay true to the game's spirit by not engaging in other people's battles they just throw it out the window and don't care, spamming 'good fight' and taunting on my corpse after they kill me.

For me personally this lack of what the whole game title is about + the bad servers has completely ruined the game for me. I'm giving it a break for now. Perhaps if more people leave due to the bad servers and the few who actually care about the game remain I'll come back to it.

That's just my opinion on the game so far. I'm not going to hate anyone for still liking it, but for me the fun is gone.

Razor__Fox
03-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Yeah fighting gearscore 108s as a new players is ****ing rough man. If you are on psn group up with me, I love fighting those overleveled *****s. most of them afk'd for their gear and cant fight worth a damn, you will soon be slaughtering them by the boatload.

Banicks
03-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Even AI have no honor now. I would 1v1 and 2v1 all day if I could, unfortunately the steel and exp is in 4v4 and contracts that make you play the annoying game modes. Not only this, but to complete them it takes all day, every day. So you never get to enjoy the game itself.

Extropy
03-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Yeah fighting gearscore 108s as a new players is ****ing rough man. If you are on psn group up with me, I love fighting those overleveled *****s. most of them afk'd for their gear and cant fight worth a damn, you will soon be slaughtering them by the boatload.

Why the hate bro? It really doesn't take that much time to max out a gear on a character, I have 2 characters at 108 gearscore and I've never "AFK'd", not even once.

Also if you don't want to fight characters with better gear, you can do duels and brawl until you gear up, gear is disabled in those game modes.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 11:01 AM
You are telling me.

Just had to leave 3 brawl matches because the poor scrubs couldn't respect the 1v1 and could only win when they 2v1.

The funniest part is scrubs think they are good at the game when they win brawl that way lol

puzonyyx
03-08-2017, 11:09 AM
You know what is the most annoying for me? People with only 50% of honor.

You are 1v4 in elimination. They wait, let you 1v1 and when you kill one of their mates, they immediately stab your back and ressing died player. What's the point of that kind of behaviour? It's honor for cowards?

Fordol
03-08-2017, 11:11 AM
If you're still looking to play with honor in this game you're going to be sorely disappointed. I ask at the start if we're staying to 1 vs 1 and almost always the answer is no. Always good when we can, but don't hold your breath. Some folks are just out to win anyway they can.

Best advice I can give you is ask before the game, but best assume no quarter.

Captain-Courage
03-08-2017, 11:30 AM
Wanting 1v1 in 4v4 team modes.

It's a joke right ?

Even when I try to stay true to the game's spirit

What you call the game's spirit is only your own illusions of righteousness and self legitimated sense of virtue, projected to a mere game name.

secrecy274
03-08-2017, 11:57 AM
You are telling me.

Just had to leave 3 brawl matches because the poor scrubs couldn't respect the 1v1 and could only win when they 2v1.

The funniest part is scrubs think they are good at the game when they win brawl that way lol

Wow, so you "countered" a "scrubby" tactic with a "****" move?

Very honorable! /s

Brawl isn't 1v1+1v1, it's 2v2, if you want 1v1, play duel.

Jobsalot
03-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Pardon the intrusion, but a couple of things first:

This game requires some degree of mental fortitude and frustration resistence levels. If you are new, I can understand how mass player game modes are extremely hard and difficult to play in, be it due to the gear advantage or the ganking.

My advice would be to dedicate yourself to some training and duels first and learn how to play your character. Mix in the occasional Domination or Death Match session, perhaps even against bots, and study the general feeling and behavior the game modes bring along. The rest is up to you; I have fought against people 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 in Domination, even with better gear than me and I still won. So it is possible. These indicators don't be any means say you are always dealing with competent players. But don't expect the opposite either, they still can beat your *** to next sunday with skill regardless of ganking or not.

Which brings us to the actual core issue. The many-cited perceived game concept of "honor".

It is in my opinion non-existent now and always was. It is purely a userbase construct. It is merely in the game's name. Look at how the bots play in any game mode and realize how the game is intended to be played. Even if you touched the storymode, you will realize that both in the narrative as well as actions of NPCs there is nothing about this so called honor code. Apolleon as well as how she perceives the entire military body of the knights is purely pragmatism and encourages war, even the honourable samura have a map boss who blinds you with smoke bombs and ganks you (!!!) witht hree henchmen or throughout the final stages of the fight orders archers to shoot you while you try to fight and stay alive.

That, ladies and gentlement is the undeniable truth. Those are the facts. If you find people who uphold your personal definition of what fair combat is, what dueling should be like, that's super dandy. But don't expect it to happen. Don't even get me started on games like Dominion which purely exist so teams collect points and then eliminate the opponent team in the fastest, most efficient way. It is a free for all killer scenario and not your honourable knight tourney duel simulation which were held for entertainment and prestige in medieval times. If you fail to comprehend what the game actually entails, then you just need to learn to deal with it or raise above everyone so you can dominate with nothing but your skill or, opposing such lofty goals, become the most dirt-cheap gear farming ******* ganker to counter all gankers possible.

Captain-Courage
03-08-2017, 12:27 PM
It is in my opinion non-existent now and always was. It is purely a userbase construct. It is merely in the game's name. Look at how the bots play in any game mode and realize how the game is intended to be played. Even if you touched the storymode, you will realize that both in the narrative as well as actions of NPCs there is nothing about this so called honor code. Apolleon as well as how she perceives the entire military body of the knights is purely pragmatism and encourages war, even the honourable samura have a map boss who blinds you with smoke bombs and ganks you (!!!) witht hree henchmen or throughout the final stages of the fight orders archers to shoot you while you try to fight and stay alive.

That, ladies and gentlement is the undeniable truth. Those are the facts. If you find people who uphold your personal definition of what fair combat is, what dueling should be like, that's super dandy. But don't expect it to happen. Don't even get me started on games like Dominion which purely exist so teams collect points and then eliminate the opponent team in the fastest, most efficient way. It is a free for all killer scenario and not your honourable knight tourney duel simulation which were held for entertainment and prestige in medieval times. If you fail to comprehend what the game actually entails, then you just need to learn to deal with it or raise above everyone so you can dominate with nothing but your skill or, opposing such lofty goals, become the most dirt-cheap gear farming ******* ganker to counter all gankers possible.

Thanks for it. Really. A lot of people don't even understand the irony behind the name (really, are they that ...blind, or dense ? I think even Ubis might be kinda wondering) when it's written everywhere in flame letters in the story mode scenario.
Add to that the fact that a lot of people are often uneducated about History and just project their own romanced fantasies on such things.

TLDR :
There is no honor in war : honor is what winners use to legitimate their actions when they write History.

ArkSeyonet
03-08-2017, 12:28 PM
You are telling me.

Why leave? Even if you lose you get rewards. You are giving up those rewards by leaving early.

Frappenstain
03-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Totall feel you man. Atleast players are observant. Yesterday, 2 of my mates grouped and ganked, one of them down and others jumped my ttarget. I stand back and let them duel. Next round, they all ganked other 3 and made 1 vs 1 and wait to regenerate between fights. I lost at 3rd but it was heroic :) I hope they will ad invisible border...

Gray360UK
03-08-2017, 02:06 PM
To roll out that tired old line, it is FOR Honor, not WiTH.
Watch the Warden Advanced Tutorial video.
The first kill the Warden gets in that official in-game guide on how to play is ... kicking someone off a bridge :D

SiewcaRaka
03-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Why leave? Even if you lose you get rewards. You are giving up those rewards by leaving early.

Cause he is cry baby. He justifies it by his sense of "honor". I couldn't care less, he made winning that much easier :D

guffffff
03-08-2017, 02:40 PM
play 1v1 for the best experience. everything else is like hooligans at a football match :) its fun though chill

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 02:45 PM

I would rather leave and find a match with people worth playing against than waste my time with pathetic scrubs who pretend they are good.

Its also quicker given the loading screens and the time to wait for the rounds to finish.

I can get into another match before the one I left is even done.

Agent Talon
03-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Games are a competition for some people and winning that competition is likely their ultimate goal. Although this is was originally related to SF it applies quite well here. Honor is something you made up and forces you to lose against another player who hasn't artificially restricted themselves. Adopt the playing to win mindset and everything is more enjoyable because you're not putting yourself at a disadvantage.

http://sirlingames.squarespace.com/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

SiewcaRaka
03-08-2017, 03:02 PM
I would rather leave and find a match with people worth playing against than waste my time with pathetic scrubs who pretend they are good.

Its also quicker given the loading screens and the time to wait for the rounds to finish.

I can get into another match before the one I left is even done.

Good thing that soon you will be punished for such childish behaviour :D

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Good thing that soon you will be punished for such childish behaviour :D

See you keep saying that but just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I am breaking any rules sorry :(

Its 8 here though so I gotta get ready for work. Look forward to our further squabbles though :)

SiewcaRaka
03-08-2017, 03:04 PM
See you keep saying that but just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I am breaking any rules sorry :(

Its 8 here though so I gotta get ready for work. Look forward to our further squabbles though :)

Leaving game IS breaking rule and they will be punishing people for it :D

xxSNEAKELLAMAxx
03-08-2017, 03:17 PM
Why the hate bro? It really doesn't take that much time to max out a gear on a character, I have 2 characters at 108 gearscore and I've never "AFK'd", not even once.

Also if you don't want to fight characters with better gear, you can do duels and brawl until you gear up, gear is disabled in those game modes.

I would love to spend the time to grind to max gear score. Unfortunately I have a job and can only play during "peak hours" where I get disconnected every other match. Sooo... screw you mate.

guest-fov4N50H
03-08-2017, 09:33 PM
Wanting 1v1 in 4v4 team modes.

It's a joke right ?

What you call the game's spirit is only your own illusions of righteousness and self legitimated sense of virtue, projected to a mere game name.

Holy crap yes. In fact i think it's very easy to argue the opposite. The game was obviously designed for player to use all of these tactics(even if i think they are BS or not). The devs went out of their way to fill every map with spikes, ledges, bon fires etc for players to throw people into. I may think it's terrible design(cause it is), but i can't fault a player for using it. The only thing we can do is let the devs know we don't want these things in the game(obviously ledges can't be removed, but much worse things like power ups can).

KimberPrime
03-08-2017, 10:48 PM
Leaving game IS breaking rule and they will be punishing people for it :D

They are actually going to do this? With how unstable their servers are? If they fix their servers then yes it's be a much needed thing but with servers booting people this is just going to punish the masses unfairly (unless they have a system to detect this somehow).

SeeNoWeevil
03-09-2017, 11:58 PM
You are telling me.

It's hilarious you using the phrase 'scrub' here when the term exactly describes you and many others in this thread.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Scrub