PDA

View Full Version : Can we please get a Dominion mode where gear doesn't matter?

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 09:43 AM
I am sick and tired of getting the revenge stacking AFKers with their 108 gear sets in every single match I am in.

It is SERIOUSLY getting old at this point. I F****** LOOK at a guy wrong and he gets revenge and then I have to dodge and block my *** off waiting for it to end only for him to get it AGAIN IMMEDIATELY as soon as its over. You say you are gonna ban the AFKers, but that means literally NOTHING if you don't take away their levels and their gear.

So either take their **** away or give me a Dominion mode where gear doesn't matter.

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Please? :(

DrinkinMyStella
03-08-2017, 10:05 AM
maybe ubi should make the MM more skill based, maybe select your character before the MM so that it can put you in the right lobby

KL4Z1K
03-08-2017, 10:32 AM
In my experience, the gear can't save the afk'ers. They have little to no experience actually playing as the class, so I usually just wipe the floor with them, even though I'm only rep 2.
If gear bothers you too much, a cliff can make their gear useless, if you catch my drift ;)

Besides, Dominion is nothing but a cluster **** of epic proportions anyway. No fair fights, so gear doesn't really make all that difference. It just gives a guy a better chance in case he gets jumped by the ganksquad.

Infidel.Castro
03-08-2017, 10:33 AM
I don't mind gear stats, but they really need to address Revenge stats on gear, it's too much. I would rather they remove that stat completely and replace it with something else. Though a stat-less version of the games modes with it would be great too :)

Razor__Fox
03-08-2017, 10:38 AM
As a counter point, could we have a dominion mode where every fight is a forced 1v1?

I actually agree with you, the revenge gear is too much right now, but removing it comepletely just opens the door to 4 man gank squads. Definitely needs tuning.

also I have yet to fight a 108er that knew how to actually FIGHT. I wouldnt worry too much about it. they get revenge they are going to spam zone. as long as you know what direction that is coming from you can just set your guard direction and go have a power nap.

ArkSeyonet
03-08-2017, 12:40 PM
As a counter point, could we have a dominion mode where every fight is a forced 1v1?

I actually agree with you, the revenge gear is too much right now, but removing it comepletely just opens the door to 4 man gank squads. Definitely needs tuning.

also I have yet to fight a 108er that knew how to actually FIGHT. I wouldnt worry too much about it. they get revenge they are going to spam zone. as long as you know what direction that is coming from you can just set your guard direction and go have a power nap.

I'm a 108 Lawbringer that doesn't just spam when I hit revenge, since most of the time I get revenge when people decide to 2v1+ me. But at the same time, my shove will knock them down and give me a free hit anyway. I like to get revenge then use it to counter the other attackers until I know I have an opening to get a big hit in. I play quite defensively. The downside of my class is that if I can't guard break someone because they are good at countering it, then my only option is to try to Down+Square them and if they can dodge that too... My only chance is to stop attacking and counter them. I have to say that the majority of 108 players I have fought against will get revenge and then I'll just block til they stop and guard break them for another free hit. So spamming is useless for me, unless they are a noob that can't guardbreak then I will just torture them. I have had much more trouble from lower gear players that have a lot of skill with their class rather than the other 108s that I have ran into so you aren't wrong.

The_B0G_
03-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Maybe they should just fix revenge mode instead.

SiewcaRaka
03-08-2017, 03:49 PM
I am sick and tired of getting the revenge stacking AFKers with their 108 gear sets in every single match I am in.

It is SERIOUSLY getting old at this point. I F****** LOOK at a guy wrong and he gets revenge and then I have to dodge and block my *** off waiting for it to end only for him to get it AGAIN IMMEDIATELY as soon as its over. You say you are gonna ban the AFKers, but that means literally NOTHING if you don't take away their levels and their gear.

So either take their **** away or give me a Dominion mode where gear doesn't matter.

Stop whining. It is not your game. They wanted it that way, don't like it? Don't play it

Munktor
03-08-2017, 03:51 PM
It's actually in the game already. I've played it multiple times.

DT1_Hussar
03-08-2017, 04:30 PM
I don't think revenge mode should go. It helped me countless of times, when i was ganked by 3 or 4 players. This is (aside from throwing from bridges etc.) the only option for me to kill 1 or 2 of them-gankers before i am killed - and i'll tell you this, I will not run from a fight like them cowards - I rather take 1 or 2 of them gankers with me, giving my team, for example, chance (and time) to take objective in Dominion mode. Because dominion is a team effort, and this is why i see logic in standing your ground when ganked.

That said, I see a big problem with revenge mode + strange matchmaking. Yesterday i played Dominion where most of the players (incl. me) was between lvl 18 and Rep 1 GS 30 max (no blues), and there was this one 108'Lawbringer (don't remember Rep, but it was high) clearly with Revenge build on... and what a disaster this was. Even enemy team (he was part of) noticed this was just wrong.

Don't get me wrong, i'm far from complaining, and i like a good challenge, but this...this was like some kind of funny movie, where 4 naked man with a potato-knives are trying to bring down a big and furious rhino in the closed arena.

There is definitely something to do on revenge and matchmaking ground, no mistake.

CarnivalLaw
03-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Lighten-up, Francis.

With the exception of Revenge-max gear - what's your Revenge at, Tony? - gear means nothing.

Giggley-puff
03-08-2017, 07:37 PM
I sincerely am thinking about putting this game down due to the spam some characters have *conqueror, peace keeper* and the revenge after revenge after revenge. I tried to play against a conq yesterday and he was attempting to spam the shield crush or whatever. I could dodge it, for some time before running out of stamina... and you eventually end up smushed into a corner or against a wall and you're done for.

Turric4n666
03-08-2017, 08:39 PM
It's actually in the game already. I've played it multiple times.

look at me, i have friends.

Munktor
03-08-2017, 09:00 PM
look at me, i have friends.

I'm being mocked for having friends? lol

Sad world you must live in bro, sad indeed.

Turric4n666
03-08-2017, 09:03 PM
I'm being mocked for having friends? lol

Sad world you must live in bro, sad indeed.

not everyone knows 7 other people that play the game, you know?
So this isnīt a solution.

Not everyone wants to gather 7 friends after he comes home from work.

S8Canadian
03-08-2017, 09:06 PM
Stop whining. It is not your game. They wanted it that way, don't like it? Don't play it

If everyone does this, the game dies. They are looking at Revenge to fix it. they know it's a problem but telling people to stop playing, you are basically telling 95% of the people who play the game to stop playing because almost everyone knows revenge is sick.

That idea to force pick of character pre searching for game would be a great feature for matchmaking BTW. That would let you play your low levels and have more fun instead of having to bring out or big guns. The games would be much more balance and fun for everyone.

cragar212
03-08-2017, 09:08 PM
With the exception of gaining revenge in 1v1 situations (which they are addressing) I find gear has very little impact. I have 2 characters with heroic gear but spent 3/4 of my time playing new characters.

I find if I am a better player I will win regardless.

cragar212
03-08-2017, 09:12 PM
If everyone does this, the game dies. They are looking at Revenge to fix it. they know it's a problem but telling people to stop playing, you are basically telling 95% of the people who play the game to stop playing because almost everyone knows revenge is sick.

That idea to force pick of character pre searching for game would be a great feature for matchmaking BTW. That would let you play your low levels and have more fun instead of having to bring out or big guns. The games would be much more balance and fun for everyone.

The matchmaking is how it should be. With 0 gearscore on a new character I can crush heroicly geared players because I have 100+ Hrs of experience. If I got put up against a new player because I'm using a new character the imbalance would be far greater

Turric4n666
03-08-2017, 09:26 PM
The matchmaking is how it should be. With 0 gearscore on a new character I can crush heroicly geared players because I have 100+ Hrs of experience. If I got put up against a new player because I'm using a new character the imbalance would be far greater

and you dontīt stand a chance against a player with equal experience AND better gear. What stupid argument is that?

Munktor
03-08-2017, 09:35 PM
not everyone knows 7 other people that play the game, you know?
So this isnīt a solution.

Not everyone wants to gather 7 friends after he comes home from work.

You don't need 7 friends...you can have only a few friends join and fill the other slots with bots.

Lol, so long story short, you just want to take things from people that they enjoy so you can enjoy more yourself?

Seems rather selfish and hypocritical personally.

The developer provided you the means to play the game as designed, AS WELL an option to customize it to your liking. But since you don't have anyone that wants to play the game with you, you'd rather the developer change large elements of their game to better suit your wants DESPITE the customization options already provided.

Turric4n666
03-08-2017, 09:46 PM
You don't need 7 friends...you can have only a few friends join and fill the other slots with bots.

Lol, so long story short, you just want to take things from people that they enjoy so you can enjoy more yourself?

Seems rather selfish and hypocritical personally.

The developer provided you the means to play the game as designed, AS WELL an option to customize it to your liking. But since you don't have anyone that wants to play the game with you, you'd rather the developer change large elements of their game to better suit your wants DESPITE the customization options already provided.

bots right...........

you know whatīs selfish?

Posting in the thread
Thread: Can we please get a Dominion mode where gear doesn't matter? | Forums
that other people are selfish for wanting a game mode that they would enjoy more, because they can play with frickin bots.

just make 2 queues. 1 with gear and 1 without. would it hurt YOU?