PDA

View Full Version : Online Pings

mjr_health
05-02-2004, 06:16 PM
I know this to be an issue. I like many run 56K. Not ready for BB yet. The average ping i get for overseas servers is about 350, on the nearest Aussie server I get 120. The problem is it occasional goes well over 1200 without any help from me. Probably more due to load on local ISP then my modem. So give us poor 56K guys a go. If my ping gets high for to long I will diconect saves me getting kicked off. Thanks for putting up with us.

mjr_health
05-02-2004, 06:16 PM
I know this to be an issue. I like many run 56K. Not ready for BB yet. The average ping i get for overseas servers is about 350, on the nearest Aussie server I get 120. The problem is it occasional goes well over 1200 without any help from me. Probably more due to load on local ISP then my modem. So give us poor 56K guys a go. If my ping gets high for to long I will diconect saves me getting kicked off. Thanks for putting up with us.

highfives
05-03-2004, 11:46 PM
If you aint' out the back of bourke or live in the desert between sydeny and perth i'm pretty sure you can get d.s.l. any location these days i find it works out the same cost wise with faster downloads anyway and i can connect to any host world wide , the highest ping i get is bellow 380 , optus now are offering good monthly deals unlimmted downloads for around $50.00 a month look into it - tip try stay away from primus they stung me big time .

Good luck .

Bartman .