PDA

View Full Version : Peacekeeper even more annoying than before. More bleed & range. Great

B3NNS
03-08-2017, 02:46 AM
Thanks, make the strongest class even stronger and annoying. Thanks. Clearly listening to the community.

UbiJurassic
03-08-2017, 03:04 AM
As we've mentioned in the Patch Notes (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1592940-UPDATED-3-6-Patch-Notes-(v1-03)), the additional bleed applied by Peacekeepers successive stabs is not a buff, but rather a fix to a bug that was present at launch. Additionally, Peacekeepers range was adjusted to reflect intended in-game behavior.

The only balance change made to Peacekeeper was a nerf to the amount of damage each successful bleed stab applies. (Went from 45 DMG in the beta to 36 DMG)

Now that Peacekeeper is working as intended, we can get a better picture of how she fits into the game and what would need to be adjusted for players to better deal with her. While nerfs would be an immediate, drastic option, we are looking to see if other factors, such as future buffs to other heroes, would balance her overall in-game effectiveness.

IIII 47 IIII
03-08-2017, 03:08 AM
Good players can deal with Peacekeeper. Not much more to it than that.

Felis_Menari
03-08-2017, 03:33 AM

Debuff resistance can help with the bleeds in 4v4, but as a Lawbringer, PK light spam can wreck me. The attacks are fast enough as is; throw in the LB's slow stance switch speed, and it's practically impossible to react to the incoming lights.

TCTF_SWAT
03-08-2017, 03:39 AM
As we've mentioned in the Patch Notes (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1592940-UPDATED-3-6-Patch-Notes-(v1-03)), the additional bleed applied by Peacekeepers successive stabs is not a buff, but rather a fix to a bug that was present at launch. Additionally, Peacekeepers range was adjusted to reflect intended in-game behavior.

The only balance change made to Peacekeeper was a nerf to the amount of damage each successful bleed stab applies. (Went from 45 DMG in the beta to 36 DMG)

Now that Peacekeeper is working as intended, we can get a better picture of how she fits into the game and what would need to be adjusted for players to better deal with her. While nerfs would be an immediate, drastic option, we are looking to see if other factors, such as future buffs to other heroes, would balance her overall in-game effectiveness.

I have a question.

Is it intentional that if you tech a GB the person who attempted to GB can diei by hazards. Is that supposed to happen?

Helnekromancer
03-08-2017, 03:43 AM
Debuff resistance can help with the bleeds in 4v4, but as a Lawbringer, PK light spam can wreck me. The attacks are fast enough as is; throw in the LB's slow stance switch speed, and it's practically impossible to react to the incoming lights.

Haha.. I'm in the same boat with you buddy maining Nobushi if I'm up against a Peacekeeper, I CAN NOT strike first or else she easily sidedash heavies me into a bleed and that 1/4 my health gone. It doesn't matter the level of the Peacekeeper the odds of me winning is 70-30 since I have to play perfectly and all she has to do is sidestep and the right time get up close and spam infinite lights, I can block a light and either parry it or use swift recoil to create distance between me and her, but with the parry I can barely hit her with a light and when I create distance if the map even has enough space for me to fight the peacekeeper simply lunges at me flying forward, it's easy to parry but if I don't parry it she's back into my personal space and back to spamming lights in random directions. Class is super frustrating to play against especially classes wish slow guard stances like shugoki, nobushi and lawbringer.

PanzerShrekonin
03-08-2017, 03:53 AM
good players can deal with bad peacekeepers. Not much more to it than that.

ftfy

CoyoteXStarrk
03-08-2017, 04:00 AM
You can always spot the people who have no idea what they are talking about when they use absolute statements like "The Strongest"

There is no strongest class. There are only good players.

PanzerShrekonin
03-08-2017, 04:05 AM
You can always spot the people who have no idea what they are talking about when they use absolute statements like "The Strongest"

Counter arguement.

You can always spot the bad players when they think the game is balanced like the lawbringer being actually "Good" or that all classes are equal.

Kappa.

Felis_Menari
03-08-2017, 04:18 AM
ftfy

That's how I feel as a Lawbringer, lol. And I really don't feel like playing as one of the overall more effective characters just to improve my chances (I did play as a feral druid in WoW pre-BC, after all). The LB, is for me.

YutoJW
03-08-2017, 04:26 AM
I'm playing the lawbringer and as others says playing against peacekeeper it's almost impossible. I'm not a pro player for sure, but I can manage all other class. Sometimes I lose sometimes I win, but still I can play.
Peacekeeper(and also orochi) can easy avoid all my attack because are slow, they don't need to parry or block just press A and job is done.
nowadays the guard break counter it's broken (seriously nobody can do it in a duel) I don't know why but neither me or my opponent can actually counter the guard break (and I played against people with level 4 prestige so I think they actually spend lot of time playing)
So guess what guard break and the 3 stab with poison, and it's like half of my life gone plus poison.

PanzerShrekonin
03-08-2017, 04:29 AM
That's how I feel as a Lawbringer, lol. And I really don't feel like playing as one of the overall more effective characters just to improve my chances (I did play as a feral druid in WoW pre-BC, after all). The LB, is for me.

A Lawbringer will always lose to a good Peacekeeper. but most classes will to be fair. the light attacks and zone from a PK are absolute aids for most classes, even a warden.

That beign said, Lawbringers imo are just horrible. Easily counterable.

PanzerShrekonin
03-08-2017, 04:30 AM
I'm playing the lawbringer and as others says playing against peacekeeper it's almost impossible. I'm not a pro player for sure, but I can manage all other class. Sometimes I lose sometimes I win, but still I can play.
Peacekeeper(and also orochi) can easy avoid all my attack because are slow, they don't need to parry or block just press A and job is done.
nowadays the guard break counter it's broken (seriously nobody can do it in a duel) I don't know why but neither me or my opponent can actually counter the guard break (and I played against people with level 4 in notorious so I think they actually spend lot of time playing)
So guess what guard break and the 3 stab with poison, and it's like half of my life gone plus poison.

I think its because most people are used to the beta and haven't adapted. I got the guard break counter down pat.

TCTF_SWAT
03-08-2017, 04:31 AM
I think its because most people are used to the beta and haven't adapted. I got the guard break counter down pat.

That's not saying much considering how easy it is to tech.

YutoJW
03-08-2017, 04:35 AM
Possible, like I said I need to play more I'm sure about it.
But anyway playing against PK it's quite impossible for a lawbringer no matter the skill of the pkayer

RaidoKnight
03-08-2017, 04:58 AM

While I kinda agree with you, Warlord is kinda over the top tho, after the full block nerf that is comin this week and some changes in warlords kit, we will see what happens.

---

Here guys, just check this: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1600877-For-all-the-quot-Peacekeeper-is-too-fast-mimimii-quot-people-HERE-are-the-real-facts

PK is not even the fastest character besides her zone attack.

Sephriem
03-08-2017, 05:48 AM
Technically the bleed was fixed because it wasn't working, and it's been nurfed in terms of damage

Potato_6
03-08-2017, 05:56 AM

Counter it, your garbage, git gud, doesnt matter stamina isn't an issue for mobility for PK. I'm 1337 and you are trash....

thanks guy.

Oakleaf__Ranger
03-08-2017, 07:25 AM
seriously I came into this game thinking every hero would more less be viable (obviously some will better than others) but now that people have had time to really learn the game you realize the massive differences in power between different heroes. I actually find it kind of shocking how the power difference can be between heroes. I pity the life of raider mains.

The_B0G_
03-08-2017, 08:41 AM
I have a Rep 7 LB and I have to agree with this too, I can handle any other class, but PKs are pure cancer. To beat them you need to keep your distance but if they want to stay close to you, you can't really stop them, they're just too fast.

LB runs out of stamina fast, especially on the roll, which is the only way to gain effective distance from a PK, so rolling isn't an effective way to gain distance, the light spam is too fast to block, you basically have to guess where his next attack will be and bash/grab; but all he has to do is dodge back and you won't be able to grab after the block.

The worst part about fighting any fast class with the LB is that they can side dodge right through attacks, it's completely ridiculous.

Nothing is worse than finally getting a couple hits on an enemy thats beating you, you start turning the tide, finish a combo and here comes your side sweep swing... and you see the trail behind the halbred pass right through his chest as he dodges INTO/TOWARDS the swing and then ends up killing you right after.

This happens all the time as an LB and should be considered a glitch/bug and fixed.

Felis_Menari
03-08-2017, 09:15 AM
I have a Rep 7 LB and I have to agree with this too, I can handle any other class, but PKs are pure cancer. To beat them you need to keep your distance but if they want to stay close to you, you can't really stop them, they're just too fast.

LB runs out of stamina fast, especially on the roll, which is the only way to gain effective distance from a PK, so rolling isn't an effective way to gain distance, the light spam is too fast to block, you basically have to guess where his next attack will be and bash/grab; but all he has to do is dodge back and you won't be able to grab after the block.

The worst part about fighting any fast class with the LB is that they can side dodge right through attacks, it's completely ridiculous.

Nothing is worse than finally getting a couple hits on an enemy thats beating you, you start turning the tide, finish a combo and here comes your side sweep swing... and you see the trail behind the halbred pass right through his chest as he dodges INTO/TOWARDS the swing and then ends up killing you right after.

This happens all the time as an LB and should be considered a glitch/bug and fixed.

That is one of the things that *really* hurts the LB. He has some nice horizontal sweeps, but assassins can dodge through them without even getting a deflect. How the he'll are you supposed to combat that?

secrecy274
03-08-2017, 10:20 AM
That is one of the things that *really* hurts the LB. He has some nice horizontal sweeps, but assassins can dodge through them without even getting a deflect. How the he'll are you supposed to combat that?

This is the single worst mechanic in the entire game, imo.
You should have to actually dodge the attack,, as in avoid the weapon, not just get a free card out of any attack.

Razor__Fox
03-08-2017, 10:27 AM
Honestly? I find that it has overall nerfed the peacekeeper a little in this patch. the extended range means its not as easy for PK to pull off the annoying "whiff first hit-superfast second" light with no risk of punish as they used to be able to. and guard breaks are now a LOT harder to perform on an awake player so overall I think PK isnt as bad as it once was.

And before you say "PK main detected" I havent even recruited her, I ****in HATE her. Ive been playing valkyrie since release so I am enjoying our moment in the sun before the inevitable nerf due to people not knowing how to counter the class.

ArkSeyonet
03-08-2017, 12:41 PM

So before this patch, when the bleed was only applying one time. How much damage did it do?

MoneyBags270
03-09-2017, 06:26 AM
Another major note is that everyone at high levels knows about the "turtle meta" the thing is that characters like the valk and pk destroy the turtle meta because they are too fast for you to turtle against. Because of this "pro" players who rely on turtling to get most of their wins get frustrated. You simply cannot fight the pk the same you would fight say a raider or a beserker. And i think that's the key lesson people aren't learning yet

Delectable_Sin
03-09-2017, 07:25 AM
There needs to be a sticky that says, "Disclaimer: The PK is not OP, she doesn't even have a 50% win rate overall, and is non-existent at the 80% + win rate matchmaking. If you lose to her, it's time to slow down, play some bots, and practice defense."

Seriously? Being overwhelmed by side lights? You do realize that she has to switch sides to chain them together, right? Which means that after the first attack, you know exactly which direction they're coming from, before they're even thrown. The hilarious thing is that a simple block behaves like a parry against an assassin's light attack.

Aarpian
03-09-2017, 03:10 PM
There needs to be a sticky that says, "Disclaimer: The PK is not OP, she doesn't even have a 50% win rate overall, and is non-existent at the 80% + win rate matchmaking. If you lose to her, it's time to slow down, play some bots, and practice defense."

You think PK is non-existent at 80% win rate plus? Hoo boy, just wait until you get to 90%+, they're ****ing everywhere.

Seriously? Being overwhelmed by side lights? You do realize that she has to switch sides to chain them together, right? Which means that after the first attack, you know exactly which direction they're coming from, before they're even thrown.

False, she can do it in the same direction or change to any other direction. Even if she did have to change direction, you would still have to guess between 2 sides.

The hilarious thing is that a simple block behaves like a parry against an assassin's light attack.

Also completely false.

Sirrkas
03-09-2017, 03:43 PM
nowadays the guard break counter it's broken (seriously nobody can do it in a duel) I don't know why but neither me or my opponent can actually counter the guard break (and I played against people with level 4 prestige so I think they actually spend lot of time playing)

For me it is the opposite. Guardbreaks allways get countered in duels, except for the cases where it is impossible to counter, like after a light attack gets parried and followed up with GB.

Sirrkas
03-09-2017, 03:44 PM
So before this patch, when the bleed was only applying one time. How much damage did it do?

First stab was 15 bleeddmg + 2 on impact I think.

Alustar.exe
03-09-2017, 04:14 PM
In regards to the bleed from grab. I've seen the hit collide with an enemy players blade through the leg, I'll try and get a video to attach, but it pretty much just pings off the blade without applying the DOT. Anyone else having this happen to them?

Sirrkas
03-09-2017, 04:35 PM
In regards to the bleed from grab. I've seen the hit collide with an enemy players blade through the leg, I'll try and get a video to attach, but it pretty much just pings off the blade without applying the DOT. Anyone else having this happen to them?

I think it is still possible to block the stab, really hard to pull of, but possible. That sould be the bling. But I noticed sometimes, a PK doing no bleed, regardless of hitting the opponent and he had no thick blood, he got bleeddamage the next time, he got stabbed.

This video is from one of the betas and shows the block. As far as I remember, you have to block to wherever the pk has her stance (but you can't see her stance and she can switch it during stabs).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tydz6gip2b4

BreakingInMan
03-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Thanks, make the strongest class even stronger and annoying. Thanks. Clearly listening to the community.

Do you hear that .... yep, it's the wambulance stopping by your house. Here's my advice listed step-by-step:

1. Get yourself a tissue.

2. Get a 24" x 24" x 24" box or plastic container.

3. Go to the area of your moms basement where your PS4, PC or Xbox is located.

4. Unplug all the cords.

5. Put all the equipment in a box.

6. Throw the box in trash.

7. Go find yourself a girl.

8. GET LAID!!!

9. Read these steps over and over again until they make sense.

CarnivalLaw
03-09-2017, 05:14 PM

Great. So we just have to deal with it for a month. This game may very well be dead by then.

invalid target0
03-09-2017, 06:10 PM
Great. So we just have to deal with it for a month. This game may very well be dead by then.

Let's be honest about this too, they'll deserve it. The balance team is not proving their competence yet.

Hibs.
03-09-2017, 06:51 PM

Oh, look, same guy defending the revenge mechanic in 1vs1 and defending PK attacks that are actually too fast for some classes to actually guard against. Found the PK who loves their revenge feats and build in a 1vs1 boys.