PDA

View Full Version : You screwed yourselves with the Revenge mechanic.

CarnivalLaw
03-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Because so many players payed-to-win with Revenge-maxed gear that by removing Revenge - which you SHOULD - you'd be stealing their money, essentially.

Bravo

SiewcaRaka
03-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Ubisoft should remove Revenge cause you are not good enough to deal with it? Sure mate, i see you got nice drug dealer.

CarnivalLaw
03-07-2017, 10:28 PM
Ubisoft should remove Revenge cause you are not good enough to deal with it? Sure mate, i see you got nice drug dealer.

Enjoy your crutch, boy.

Erfivur
03-07-2017, 10:32 PM
Revenge should be adjusted not because it's OP (Which it may or may not be), but because it's not fun...

FredEx919
03-07-2017, 10:32 PM
We've mentioned a number of times that gear stats and revenge are both something we're looking at adjusting. Once we have some final details regarding changes, we'll post it up for everyone.

cragar212
03-07-2017, 10:56 PM
Its so easy to get gear like 10hrs of 'lay time tops. People who cry p2w are just bad players and would get wrecked with 108 gear anyways and blame something else.

CarnivalLaw
03-07-2017, 10:59 PM
We've mentioned a number of times that gear stats and revenge are both something we're looking at adjusting. Once we have some final details regarding changes, we'll post it up for everyone.

Uh. Okay. You mad? Maybe you shouldn't have released a half-baked game.

Bob__Gnarly
03-07-2017, 11:01 PM

Lol you're clearly the mad one in this thread.

GayForShugoki
03-07-2017, 11:12 PM

Revenge is fine. Revenge is only an issue for players in the low skill bracket that spend their time running around ganking and constantly hitting the enemies guard with the same direction light attacks. I, personally, have won a few 1v2's without any of us proccing revenge. The complainers and players that refuse to get better are the more vocal community, don't think that we all think that way.

TCTF_SWAT
03-07-2017, 11:15 PM
RM attack seems to be the problem. It seems that when fully maxed out it gives you something like 80% damage increase off that alone. Couple that with the attack damage, you'd be doing double damage on regular attacks.

I feel as though revenge mode attack should be 50% max damage increase. So the best you could ever get in a scenario is 80% (this includes max attack+ max revenge attack+ opponent has bare minimum defense which is a 10% reduction).

CarnivalLaw
03-07-2017, 11:16 PM
Its so easy to get gear like 10hrs of 'lay time tops. People who cry p2w are just bad players and would get wrecked with 108 gear anyways and blame something else.

That's a ridiculous statement.

CarnivalLaw
03-07-2017, 11:35 PM
Lol you're clearly the mad one in this thread.

And you're not paying attention.

cragar212
03-07-2017, 11:36 PM
That's a ridiculous statement.

The secret is not constantly rage quitting (you seem like the type)

Pope138
03-07-2017, 11:47 PM

You're the one throwing the tantrum.

CarnivalLaw
03-08-2017, 12:13 AM
You're the one throwing the tantrum.

That's funny. Your definition of a tantrum is pretty broad. Whatever works, dude.

forrest0755
03-08-2017, 12:13 AM
Pay to win? I haven't paid a cent more than the game cost me, and I have a maxed out weapon. You dont have to pay anything. You can get 2000 steel every two days just by doing the orders, and that goes up even more sine you get a little steel for every game you play. Buying steel doesnt really give you an advantage. I agree with the premise that gear makes revenge to easy to trigger, and it shpouldnt build up unless you are outnumbered though.

CarnivalLaw
03-08-2017, 12:15 AM
The secret is not constantly rage quitting (you seem like the type)

Never have, but nice try.

MooDog_Nation
03-08-2017, 12:22 AM
revenge mode is not op it is used to give players a fighting chance when the come into a 3v1 situation because having 3 guys fight you without any buffs is pretty difficult 2v1s arnt as difficult however in 3v1s is defintly needed

Captain-Courage
03-08-2017, 01:36 AM
revenge mode is not op it is used to give players a fighting chance when the come into a 3v1 situation because having 3 guys fight you without any buffs is pretty difficult 2v1s arnt as difficult however in 3v1s is defintly needed

Revenge mode by itself is not a bad concept, on the conrary. It's a comeback mechanic, like you see in many fighting games, and it's needed.
It's when gear is taken into account that it becomes over the top, and that's what they will certainly look into (this vertical gear system was a bad idea to begin with)
If you try to hit a player while his revenge gauge is filled (which comes very quickly) on a 108 GS revenge built character, you are basically dead. Projection, 1 or 2 shots at most, that's it. Rinse, repeat.
Not very fun, for none of the players.

PKUSUB
03-08-2017, 02:11 AM
How is it pay to win? The cap is 108 and it's so easy to achieve that lmao.

feuerundblut
03-08-2017, 02:40 AM
I agree with OP, revenge is broken. I have checked with other players during matches and they all agreed it's something they hate at the moment.

When you come out fresh from your base and you get to confront a player being only a third of his health but on revenge who can kill you in two hits, you know something is completely wrong there. And please, don't tell me that you can just run away. If you come close enough of a valkyrie for example, there is no way you can escape. I play peacekeeper with the highest stat in sprinting, so trust me, I know what I am talking about.

I have read on RPS website revenge was implemented late in the game and as such, it had not been fully tested before release. And even though the combat system is great in itself, this feature should have been tested over and over again before just throwing it as us like it was the best idea ever whereas it's just a broken feature punishing skilled players.

CarnivalLaw
03-08-2017, 03:49 PM

You edited my post, removing the word "Ubidiots." Are you effing serious that you guys at Ubisoft can't handle being called idiots?

Wow. Just, wow.

Munktor
03-08-2017, 03:56 PM
You edited my post, removing the word "Ubidiots." Are you effing serious that you guys at Ubisoft can't handle being called idiots?

Wow. Just, wow.

Or maybe they're mature adults in a professional setting that prefer to not proliferate buzzwords that are being used for the sole purpose of inciting a reaction.

CarnivalLaw
03-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Or maybe they're mature adults in a professional setting that prefer to not proliferate buzzwords that are being used for the sole purpose of inciting a reaction.

No. They're into censorship. Thanks though.

zide-
03-08-2017, 04:07 PM
RM attack seems to be the problem. It seems that when fully maxed out it gives you something like 80% damage increase off that alone. Couple that with the attack damage, you'd be doing double damage on regular attacks.

I feel as though revenge mode attack should be 50% max damage increase. So the best you could ever get in a scenario is 80% (this includes max attack+ max revenge attack+ opponent has bare minimum defense which is a 10% reduction).
I don't see why there needs to be a damage buff at all in revenge mode. It would be way better if it just gave you a defense boost and that's it. This way you wouldn't be encouraged to keep fighting but rather escape the bad situation.

WheepingSong
03-08-2017, 04:25 PM

Exaclty, so people like you can't post stupid and unmature stuff on the forums.

Why do I get the feeling that people on these forums age between 14 and 20. Oh yes, that's why.

FiveWhisper1745
03-08-2017, 06:07 PM
I like the way revenge works in For Honor and hope it stays the same or similar. Revenge mode is in the game to give people a fighting chance when outnumbered. There is nothing worse than getting rolled by premade groups or he'll even pickup groups that run around wolfpack style and outnumbering you(4v1,3v1,4v2) etc.

There is a right way and a wrong way dealing with revenge mode I believe. The wrong way is continuing to go head to head with someone who just popped revenge. The right way is CC then while your Wolfpack continues to poke away at him. There is plenty of CC in the game( GB, Warlord head butts, Raider charges,LB flips, Valk leg spear sweeps,Conq and Ward shoulder bashes, might be a few more).

Right way is below. 2 LB flips and 2 head butts. I could do nothing almost. I got a few swings in but they were blocked or interrupted.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FiveWhisper1745/video/27955023

Wrong way is below. Nobody tried to CC, just heavy over the tops feeding the revenge. Had to kill 1 guy twice. The first and last kill.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FiveWhisper1745/video/27955121

I much rather deal with revenge if someone gets it because we are ganging up on them then have it taken away because getting outnumbered constantly isn't very fun.

Hammelsneid
03-08-2017, 06:14 PM
I'll stay with my opinion about that: Revenge mode should only be enableable for a player, when at least a second player from the other team involves physically a 1v1.

Noticed the beahviour of the AI, wich underlines my opinion: Don't know, if just me experienced that, but the AI never throws in revenge mode als long as it stays a 1v1, even if the bot got it ready.

Prophit618
03-08-2017, 06:29 PM
I play 1-3 hours a night, bumped up to 4-6 on Saturdays. I had 108 gear in a week without paying money for it. I did end up spending some dough on the game, because I was impatient to get the executions and effects I liked, and the remainder of my steel went into opening chests to find the gear style I wanted. But it is really not very hard to get any one character up to 100+ gear. My friend plays significantly less than I do (like 1 hour a night, not even every night, once he had a 3 hour block on the weekend), and he hit 108 gear last night, and has been 100+ for about a week.
This is the opposite of Pay 2 Win. If anything, progression is far too fast if you like one character more than the others.

As for Revenge, it is both OP and not.

Revenge mode proccing easily when outnumbered is fine, and the way it currently works in that instance is fine as well. I wouldn't cry if damage got toned down a little bit, some fine tuning can always be a good thing, but it's far from broken. There are times however, where you land 2 light hits on a character in 1v1 and they have revenge. This is where it gets broken. Take revenge out of 1v1 combat somehow, and it would be fine all over.

CarnivalLaw
03-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Exaclty, so people like you can't post stupid and unmature stuff on the forums.

Why do I get the feeling that people on these forums age between 14 and 20. Oh yes, that's why.

"Unmature." Yeah, I'm the young one here. Get a dictionary. LOL

Captain-Courage
03-08-2017, 08:01 PM

And they can as much as they want.
Forums on the Internet are not Democracy, they are Benevolent Dictatorship.

Their forum, their rules.

Captain-Courage
03-08-2017, 08:02 PM

And they can as much as they want.
Forums on the Internet are not Democracy, they are Benevolent Dictatorship.

Their forum, their rules.

S8Canadian
03-08-2017, 08:07 PM
I play 1-3 hours a night, bumped up to 4-6 on Saturdays. I had 108 gear in a week without paying money for it. I did end up spending some dough on the game, because I was impatient to get the executions and effects I liked, and the remainder of my steel went into opening chests to find the gear style I wanted. But it is really not very hard to get any one character up to 100+ gear. My friend plays significantly less than I do (like 1 hour a night, not even every night, once he had a 3 hour block on the weekend), and he hit 108 gear last night, and has been 100+ for about a week.
This is the opposite of Pay 2 Win. If anything, progression is far too fast if you like one character more than the others.

As for Revenge, it is both OP and not.

Revenge mode proccing easily when outnumbered is fine, and the way it currently works in that instance is fine as well. I wouldn't cry if damage got toned down a little bit, some fine tuning can always be a good thing, but it's far from broken. There are times however, where you land 2 light hits on a character in 1v1 and they have revenge. This is where it gets broken. Take revenge out of 1v1 combat somehow, and it would be fine all over.

I think this is similar opinion to most experienced players in game. Basically pre tier 3 (when you can get high gear scores) it seems ok. It should not get available nearly as much as it is unless ganked as you describe and it could use some lowering of damage and possibly defense. Perhaps it could also either have a cooldown (I've seen It pop almost constantly now that lots of people are 108 gear scores and all built the same way).

ArlianDeBias
03-08-2017, 08:09 PM
I have a 108 gear score Peacekeeper, and I haven't paid anything more than the basic game price on launch.

You also have to be prestige three in any character to be able to get epic items for them, so I fail to see how it's pay to win when you have to get there first.

S8Canadian
03-08-2017, 08:12 PM

Sweet. Please hurry :)