PDA

View Full Version : The game is dead already...

Apaolo_
03-07-2017, 03:35 PM
"Githyp reports that one week after launch, Steam numbers dropped to 21,000 players. Another week after, numbers were down to 15,000 per-day.
Source: VG247"

I assume there might be maybe 10k players left at best. I play a few hours a night and in every Dominion match I play I see the same people at least 5 times.

RIP For Honor aka For Shame

Gray360UK
03-07-2017, 03:39 PM
****. Thanks for the info.. Guess i have to stop having fun now.

You should stop playing at once, you are spoiling his statistics :p

Apaolo_
03-07-2017, 03:41 PM

Have fun versus bots

Tronny666
03-07-2017, 03:42 PM

Keep owning dem bots

itsPlanB
03-07-2017, 03:44 PM
I always wonder about these stats from gaming sites that track them. Are they accurate. Where are they getting them from. Last night I took this screenshot

http://fh.bhtguild.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Screenshot-Original-1.png

Apaolo_
03-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Those bots all have names and write in chat.. Should i tell them to stop too?

Cool you guys can revenge hump each other for hours because you're the only 3 people left playing.

Rolingachu
03-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Game is dead cause i'm angry and i don't play too much anymore, so no one does, and i will tell my mom that Ubisoft sucks!

itsPlanB
03-07-2017, 03:48 PM
if the game is dead, and you're not playing it anymore, then why are you here posting about a dead game you don't play anymore?

Cool you guys can revenge hump each other for hours because you're the only 3 people left playing.

kidico
03-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Many ppl don't use steam to play it on PC. I got my copy off amazon and access it through uplay only. I think even steam users can just choose to play it directly on uplay as well.

Though I'd have to agree, on PC the numbers are probably down to 25k concurrent players average a day though we don't have the real numbers. Consoles seem to be holding strong though.

Braegulfer
03-07-2017, 03:51 PM
I'm still digging it and I see myself picking it up, on and off, for quite some time. It's a VERY skill intensive game and can be VERY frustrating when one is getting owned. Mostly the ragelords and scrubs have been eliminated at this point. OP appears to be one or both of these.

teksuo1
03-07-2017, 03:53 PM
he's not totally wrong.. they had to add 60 hours to the community order for us to even stand a chance ( PC ) and i do end up fighting the same ppl over and over.. even end up in streamer games now and then without even trying.

i just hope they have good advertising/promotions to rehype the game when dlcs kick in

Apaolo_
03-07-2017, 03:58 PM
I'm honestly just playing until Mass Effect comes out then this game can suck eggs

HarambeVendetta
03-07-2017, 04:05 PM
I always wonder about these stats from gaming sites that track them. Are they accurate. Where are they getting them from. Last night I took this screenshot

Yeah that's the xbox version...

The pc version is close to dying, the steam stats are acurate , today only 7000 played on steam, like 2-3 hours ago, and maybe another 10 000 on uplay at very best, They actually had to hide the player counter on PC because it was falling like a rocket, so we can't see anymore only guess. But since it almost never reached not even 30 000, we can assume, that it's barely 20 000 now expect on the weekends.

HarambeVendetta
03-07-2017, 04:07 PM
personally i stopped playing too, i rather play path of exile or arma 3, until they fix the matchmaking, and i don't have to fight ******s with gear score 108, and super fast revenge gain , 2 hit kill abilities.
I didn't paid 60 bucks to play with a huge disadvantage / handicap when i want to play a new character.

Apaolo_
03-07-2017, 04:07 PM

The pc version is close to dying, the steam stats are acurate , today only 7000 played on steam, like 2-3 hours ago, and maybe another 10 000 on uplay at very best, They actually had to hide the player counter on PC because it was falling like a rocket, so we can't see anymore only guess. But since it almost never reached not even 30 000, we can assume, that it's barely 20 000 now expect on the weekends.

The fact they removed it from the PC version confirms that the population is plummeting way faster than they expected. The game needs attention now before it's completely forgotten.

Gray360UK
03-07-2017, 04:09 PM
if the game is dead, and you're not playing it anymore, then why are you here posting about a dead game you don't play anymore?

Why do people do this? :rolleyes:
I have never done this.
I have played games I didn't like, and never done this. Am I doing it wrong? ;)

HarambeVendetta
03-07-2017, 04:09 PM
The fact they removed it from the PC version confirms that the population is plummeting way faster than they expected. The game needs attention now before it's completely forgotten.

I belive, it might be too late for the PC. I regret buying it currently.
Unbalanced matches, decaying community, and no pre order bonuses, while waiting for almost 2 weeks now for an ubisoft support reply.

I am beyond dissapointed right now.

Munktor
03-07-2017, 04:10 PM
I love when people base a game's life off of PC playerbase.

CarnivalLaw
03-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Good riddance to PC.

They can save this game - and make it truly great - by focusing on consoles.

Apaolo_
03-07-2017, 04:16 PM
Good riddance to PC.

They can save this game - and make it truly great - by focusing on consoles.

Console peasant

Pope138
03-07-2017, 04:17 PM

Because insecure people are constantly trying to justify their opinions.
If I didn't like this game I wouldn't feel the need to broadcast that opinion when no one asked for it or desperately find statistics to validate why I don't like it. I believe that's called confidence.

OP didn't have any explanation or solutions, so this is definitely not constructive criticism. Just some weak "I toldya so" that doesn't even work.

Crap like this on every game forum. So unforgivably boring.

:)

Gray360UK
03-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Console peasant

I guess being part of the PC Master Race really makes you feel a whole lot better about having no one to play your games with, huh? :D

MaxeliusAD
03-07-2017, 04:19 PM
https://pp.userapi.com/c626120/v626120874/54206/LsD6SsZ2AZQ.jpg
This is how game looks in PC now. Counter disapear since near patch 1.03 time. Just disapear with no reason.
Steam tolds: "online right now - 11,649 max today - 14,686 For Honor". So, total online on PC about 20-23k peoples. And this is... almost dead... In prime time to see same faces every match - usual...

Potato_6
03-07-2017, 04:24 PM

xbone? I think the op was talking on the PC. I kinda see his point, on PC only.

berserker7331
03-07-2017, 04:25 PM
Ps4 rules!!! Yeah!!!!

Dracomon
03-07-2017, 04:27 PM
My last 5 games on PC tonight have been 3 Matchmaking fails followed by an OK full game, but every one left after one match and back to the queue for another fail matchmake. BS like this is why the numbers are dropping so hard. This all happened after i spent an hour in training practicing my dodge block parries. Complete waste of time.

Apaolo_
03-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Because insecure people are constantly trying to justify their opinions.
If I didn't like this game I wouldn't feel the need to broadcast that opinion when no one asked for it or desperately find statistics to validate why I don't like it. I believe that's called confidence.

OP didn't have any explanation or solutions, so this is definitely not constructive criticism. Just some weak "I toldya so" that doesn't even work.

Crap like this on every game forum. So unforgivably boring.

:)

Maybe I am trying to justify my purchase since I bought the Deluxe version. I like the game, I just dislike the way Ubi is handling it. Games needs attention now, not in 6 months. There should be constant patches coming out to fix this mess instead their working on Ninjas.......NINJAS?!

RaidoKnight
03-07-2017, 04:32 PM
steam only shows steam user, and steam people are the minority, uplay has much more player, we have still "solid" 40-50k, I know it's much less than console , but that is with every online game that isn't a shooter or moba.

Deathaxis
03-07-2017, 04:35 PM
The game is dead coz of all the bad connections out there. you can be wining a game and your teammates dc, its gonna be a downhill

MaTriXMan5on
03-07-2017, 04:46 PM
u dont play to the for honor with your muther****ing click
online - 50k it's ok...

Captain-Courage
03-07-2017, 04:48 PM
Numbers are not good on PC no matter how you look at it.
But nothing surprising. Ubisoft doesn't know yet how to maintain on duration and exploit an online game in the PC market, and competition is way more harsh than on the console market regarding online competitive game offers (and there are already numerous medieval sword fighting games on this platform).

Iskaroth
03-07-2017, 04:52 PM
I knew this would happen thats why i went with PS4 version which has the largest playerbase.

itsPlanB
03-07-2017, 05:06 PM
My point is that the blanket statement about the game dying isn't accurate. I also wonder about the accuracy of some of the stats as they're misleading. When someone opens a topic in the forums and says only 10,000 people are playing the game, it's extremely myopic. Furthermore, that same person said he's done playing and the games dead.

Cool. Move along. But I see that the console version I play on isn't dead yet. It might be lagging a bit behind on things, but this weekend there were over 110,000 people online. Just because the games "supposedly" dying on a single client doesn't mean that the entire games dying. Accuracy is a key component to being taken seriously. That's all I'm saying.

xbone? I think the op was talking on the PC. I kinda see his point, on PC only.

mammakamelen
03-07-2017, 05:11 PM
Less players mean less "servers". Less servers mean more wait time and longer distances between clients, which leads to more discoes. Which leads to less players. Continue until broken.

egriffin09
03-07-2017, 05:18 PM
I don't think the game is dead. I just think players are just a little fatigued because of playing alot of the beta and now the full game. It's still a really fun game and I bought the game on release day but it's not a game I play everyday, like 3-4 times a week . I think when they release the first dlc maps, gear, and hereos in a couple months then the player base will increase back to where it was maybe higher. I'm not a big fighting game fan, I mostly picked this game up because it's a different multiplayer experience from a shooter and it's just fun to play and I think it will have a long life once dlc starts rolling out.

Captain-Courage
03-07-2017, 05:20 PM
I did the same, PC version.

Let's be honest, esports are still a PC thing.

Besides Street Fighter 5 for which Capcom has made a exclusive deal for the PS4 version (which annoys players and tournament managers more than anything else) and which makes ridiculously bad viewing numbers for the leader of its genre, and COD on console which makes any real FPS competitor laugh internally (but Activision don't care and easily can afford their own excllusive self sustained circuit with their enormous playerbase, not mixed with anything else) the Esports scene is still on PC (Maybe, maybe Fifa, but that's it.

No success on PC, no success with esports. It's harsh, but it's still like that nowadays.

Doesn't mean the game is dead. It doesn't need to be Esports to be a success, fortunately for them.

Apaolo_
03-07-2017, 05:24 PM
I did the same, PC version.

Let's be honest, esports are still a PC thing.

Besides Street Fighter 5 for which Capcom has made a exclusive deal for the PS4 version (which annoys players and tournament managers more than anything else) and which makes ridiculously bad viewing numbers for the leader of its genre, and COD on console which makes any real FPS competitor laugh internally (but Activision don't care and easily can afford their own excllusive self sustained circuit with their enormous playerbase, not mixed with anything else) the Esports scene is still on PC (Maybe, maybe Fifa, but that's it.

No success on PC, no success with esports. It's harsh, but it's like that.

Doesn't mean the game is dead. It doesn't need to be Esports to be a success, fortunately for them.

This is a great point. If they plan on being a competitive scene with tournaments than the PC version has to succeed not the Consoles. If their focus is just a steady player base with no real future than fine stick with Console.

RLTygurr
03-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Sadly the esports dream is on the back burner at the moment. It's very obvious that Ubisoft is planning on taking things slow with this game in order to make improvements over time. The only issue is that the player base (particularly on PC) will leave for other more enticing and responsive games that don't have so many glaring issues before Ubisoft manages to put this game in a good place.

They have to treat For Honor on a similar level as, say, DotA or League of Legends because of how picky they have to be about balance. Nevermind the lack of end game content aside from appearance customization.

I still think they needed to make a wider variety of gear as well as making the max gear level near the 1000 level, since 108 is so easy and quick to get on a single character. After rep 3, leveling up is exclusively for more appearance options rather than changing gameplay at all. Not exactly a great plan.

GreenRanger XI
03-07-2017, 05:42 PM
The game is just so slow and horrible. Totally worthless playing this game on console! Big big mistake buying this game.

RatedChaotic
03-07-2017, 06:06 PM
Fake News with Fake statistics. I bet the OP watches CNN aswell.

Knight.Bishop
03-07-2017, 06:21 PM
I'm loving every minute of this game - I rarely see the same people multiple times and queue times are pretty quick.

Sorry OP, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

dayLockey
03-07-2017, 06:26 PM
The same boy crying wolf just a different day in a different game.

We get it, you don't like how things panned out in For Honor, it's understandable. The game has a variety of different issues that we are getting exhausted reiterating over and over again, praying someone of significance will see or listen.

The problem however is the fact that no single person/player can announce when a game is dying or not. All of my friends who came to 4Honor still play 4Honor. Why? Because we weren't whiners, we got our gear through conventional PvP means and also some casual PvAI farming during the off-peak hours. It wasn't hard.

4Honor is one of the most unique, rewarding and outright fun games I've played in my lifetime. How long I will play, how long I will continue to support Ubisoft through their infinite incompetence, who knows. But I know the game isn't dying or anywhere close to it. Zelda and Horizon Zero Dawn came out back-2-back, the two BIGGEST games of the year. Every game took a hit, including Overwatch (another game I play actively).

In the end, the game will survive or it won't. We don't need you standing at the corner ringing church bells yelling that the sky is falling on us all. We don't care.

Captain-Courage
03-07-2017, 06:39 PM
4Honor is one of the most unique ....

Are you playing on console ? (no offense, genuine question)
Never heard of Chivalry, Deadliest Warriors, Mount and Blade, War of the roses, War of the Vikings, Mordhau ?...

Fun, with a good combat system, yes, this game surely has it.

Original and unique ? No, not in the slightest.

Captain-Courage
03-07-2017, 06:40 PM
double post cause Ubi forum are as bad as FH network, can delete

psyminion
03-07-2017, 06:40 PM
imho PC players are a fickle lot (too many options) - the console market is waaaay more important from a business side, and For Honor is still in the top 5 games sold on ps4 in the UK last week.

I'm still having pulse-pounding fights and loving it all, while dealing with the disconnects in my own herbal way.

PS. if you get slowdown on console it's because you are playing with someone who has a terrible ping, and not really the fault of the game itself.

MrForz
03-07-2017, 06:56 PM
I honestly wonder what has this OP been on the receiving end of for being so furiously hell bent on wishing that game to die and wishing the worst for its people. I'm kind of burned out of it, but I'm certainly not going to moan about it.

(Also, it's strange. how anyone bearing the Morpheus Cat avatar is a major self righteous asshat somehow.)

Apaolo_
03-07-2017, 07:04 PM
I honestly wonder what has this OP been on the receiving end of for being so furiously hell bent on wishing that game to die and wishing the worst for its people. I'm kind of burned out of it, but I'm certainly not going to moan about it.

(Also, it's strange. how anyone bearing the Morpheus Cat avatar is a major self righteous asshat somehow.)

Did I wish it's death? No. I paid for the deluxe edition because the Beta was awesome and now I'm dissapointed that the game is such hot garbage AND there is no more population.

TheLawbring3r
03-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Did I wish it's death? No. I paid for the deluxe edition because the Beta was awesome and now I'm dissapointed that the game is such hot garbage AND there is no more population.

Been playing since Open Beta. It's unfortunate that the PC population has dropped, but on console it's alive and well. Usually there's 60-70K people playing on a given weekday, and even more on the weekend. Sorry you feel this way, OP, but there are many people, like myself, who are still enjoying the hell out of this game. Sure, there are problems, but I have faith Ubisoft will address it. Are there any gamebreaking problems? In my opinion, no, not at all. If your so salty about it then maybe you should learn your lesson and not pre-order games until the game is out for a couple weeks to a month? It's not like you'll be so far behind that you cannot catch up, but you'll have a clearer picture if you wish to purchase it or not.

Also, why is the game "such hot garbage?" Do you have specific problems with it, other than low-PC population?

Sky-Sweeper
03-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Console peasant

I play console games and pc games, and i bought this game on console because i know ubisoft. Their pc versions are always screwed up in one way or another.

Apaolo_
03-07-2017, 07:32 PM
I play console games and pc games, and i bought this game on console because i know ubisoft. Their pc versions are always screwed up in one way or another.

You're smarter than me. I bought it because it looks gorgeous but it plays like junk with a keyboard and mouse.

KnifeInUrNeck
03-07-2017, 07:33 PM
I think OP is pissed he paid $100 for extra characters in a beta instead of a full game. There is zero content difference between the full release and the betas besides characters. There is no high level only mode, end game content, and is only a grind fest for characters. No one here wished or wishes the game dead. We're here because we were pumped about this game and are either happy or disappointed. While the numbers on the console are ok, they are still dropping and with actual games with real content coming out, the numbers will probably suffer more.

If you're happy with the game, that's cool. Keep on enjoying it. But some of us are waiting for the game to flesh out and we're losing patience.

Captain-Courage
03-07-2017, 08:12 PM

True indeed, they know how to release games for sure, as sure as they don't know how to sustain them and make them live in the long run, for several months or years (something that PC players are very used to).
Just saying "Games as services" everywhere isn't some kind of magical formula for online success.

Sandpit77
03-07-2017, 08:16 PM
Been playing since Open Beta. It's unfortunate that the PC population has dropped, but on console it's alive and well. Usually there's 60-70K people playing on a given weekday, and even more on the weekend. Sorry you feel this way, OP, but there are many people, like myself, who are still enjoying the hell out of this game. Sure, there are problems, but I have faith Ubisoft will address it. Are there any gamebreaking problems? In my opinion, no, not at all. If your so salty about it then maybe you should learn your lesson and not pre-order games until the game is out for a couple weeks to a month? It's not like you'll be so far behind that you cannot catch up, but you'll have a clearer picture if you wish to purchase it or not.

Also, why is the game "such hot garbage?" Do you have specific problems with it, other than low-PC population?

I played it on PS4 so no PC experience here. I can say my disappointment stems from constant and consistent crashing to the point that it is unplayable. The game itself is fun for the most part and the combat system is excellent. That's where the "good part" ends for me though. Between crashes, disconnects, long queue times, being matched up with players who outclass your gear stats by dozens of levels, some poor balancing (this game isn't fun at all when you're in a game against 4 players who deathball everything while your team refuses to group up), and being tossed around by poor GB mechanics it quickly becomes a lot more frustrating than fun.

My real complaint still lies in their server decisions. The last time I tried to play I managed to complete 1 out of 7 attempted matches.
1 out of 7
You invest 10 minutes into a match and then all your earnings are wiped out because of a server issue. Do that 4-5 times in a row and there's no point in even playing for me.

For me it's a shame because this game has so much potential. It is innovative and the core of the mechanics are fun. None of that matters if you can't complete a game though. Even more frustrating is going through a few disconnects like I mentioned above and then just getting wiped in the one game you do manage to complete by players who's skills and/or gear levels just outclass yours making it no challenge for them and no fun for me.

Apaolo_
03-07-2017, 08:24 PM
My favorite is getting 2 shotted by someone in lvl 108 gear during his revenge mode. How am I supposed to compete with that when I like to use multiple classes? There is literally no matchmaking in this game. The constant drops make the game almost unplayable and the mouse control is just attrocious. It's clear that this game was meant for a console and that the PC crowd was an afterthought and that's why the population is dead.

Icetower
03-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Try fighting one on one, it's harder for your opponent to get into revenge mode.

Captain-Courage
03-07-2017, 08:29 PM
... It's clear that this game was meant for a console and that the PC crowd was an afterthought and that's why the population is dead.

Well, we now just have to wait and hope that the guys behind Mordhau (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-B4AwgArwA) will succeed in their project and that Mount & Blade 2 : Bannerlord doesn't take too much time to be released, with a good community behind it.

Icetower
03-07-2017, 08:38 PM
*shrug*

The4orTy67
03-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Lol you guys enjoy looking at other men's swords

m3gas_
03-07-2017, 10:10 PM
Gotta love how OP *****es about the game for days now but still plays... ;)
And no, For Honor is not dead for sure, loses players faster, but not dead.