PDA

View Full Version : Odd frame drops

g2.DeCiph3reD
03-07-2017, 09:03 AM
Beta ran fine for me (custom Ultra with motion blur and bloom turned off and terrain and vegetation on Very High).
Stayed at 60 FPS. . . . ran great, played like a charm.

In the full version, running on HIGH with VSync on it goes from 60 fps to 31 every 2 seconds (impossible to play). Commands aren't working, shots aren't firing because of the constant skipping. Turning VSync off actually produces the exact same results, except my FPS goes from 90 down to 30 or so every 2 seconds.

Can't drive, cant fly, cant even get into gunfights because when it skips it doesn't register ANY input whatsoever.

System is:
CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.0 ghz
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
GPU: NVidia 980 GTX

lewisdawson1
03-07-2017, 09:07 AM
Try running in Windowed mode and see what happens

Krueznik
03-07-2017, 09:16 AM
If you have MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision check your GPU usage, I am getting something similar and it's from GPU usage dropping down to 0 for no real reason.

Xcell_Miguel
03-07-2017, 09:38 AM
Does it happen everytime the Ghost skull appears in the bottom-right corner ?

My friend had severe drops and freezes during the open beta and full game yesterday night, but not in the closed beta.

We found that it was everytime the game was saving (Ghost skull), we monitored it's hard drives and found a huge disk access on the hard drive where Uplay is installed : a regular HDD.
We moved Uplay to an SSD and now when the game saves it does not freezes as Uplay keeps game saves in its folder.

There may be something wrong in the way the game saves its data (or is HDD is faulty), it seems to be small files (50 kB) but causes really high disk usage, maybe its hard drive has problems or is very fragmented, but putting Uplay on SSD fixed that.