PDA

View Full Version : For a game about Honor, these players sure are using scummy tactics.

Yolo_Swaginson
03-07-2017, 04:57 AM
No respect for the duel, spamming cancerous EZ combos that are ****ing inescapable. The Valkyrie is really balanced, huh? With a 2 tap that you can't counter worth **** for, then a knock down, which allows for THE SAME ****ING COMBO, or a heavy attack, which leads to of course, an execution.

Gray360UK
03-07-2017, 04:59 AM
'For a game about Honor'
Will stop you there.
No.
It isn't.

okayyyyayyyy
03-07-2017, 05:02 AM
Dodge it man the sweep can be dodged the Valkyrie doesn't do nearly as much damage as other heroes either and is definitely on the lesser of the OP characters

SerArthur-Dayne
03-07-2017, 05:06 AM
Dodge Dip Duck Dive and Dodge.

PKUSUB
03-07-2017, 05:09 AM
yeah, its seriously not that hard to get out of that... its not like its an infinite or anything.

Darizuka
03-07-2017, 05:25 AM
Ninjas being one of the next class to be released...
and they talk about honor.
kek.

Gray360UK
03-07-2017, 01:27 PM
Ninjas being one of the next class to be released...
and they talk about honor.
kek.

Exactly, I can hear the 'no honour' complaints already.
Let's hope when you use the Ninjas zone attack he throws Shurikens in a 360 degree circle that instantly one shot everyone in a 2 mile radius.
Give them something to really moan about, haha :D

Obdach01
03-07-2017, 01:47 PM
No respect for the duel, spamming cancerous EZ combos that are ****ing inescapable. The Valkyrie is really balanced, huh? With a 2 tap that you can't counter worth **** for, then a knock down, which allows for THE SAME ****ING COMBO, or a heavy attack, which leads to of course, an execution.

Excuse me, but since when did honor have anything to do with the kind of attack you use? so which is honorable? tell you via mic which attack will be used in the next 3 seconds? never use a light attack more than twice? never use a heavy attack? bow down before you when the fight starts?
what exactly is honor for you? for every hit you get, should i stand still until you land another hit? is that honorable?

Every freaking warrior in every freaking nation will scream 'for honor' before he beheads the blindefolded prisoner... wake up!

itsPlanB
03-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Here we go. The "Honor Monkeys" are now talking about which attacks are honorable. Pretty soon they're going to say the only honorable thing left for you to do is let me kill you.

Egotistic_Ez
03-07-2017, 02:47 PM
No respect for the duel, spamming cancerous EZ

I find this thread offensive and downright slanderous.

Gray360UK
03-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Only just noticed OPs post count is 1 and join date is March 2017, so he pretty much got owned by a Valkyrie and made an account just to come here to rage about it :D

CarnivalLaw
03-07-2017, 03:21 PM

The Valkyrie gets her much-deserved buff today. I look forward to more crying from you.

Obdach01
03-07-2017, 03:33 PM
The Valkyrie gets her much-deserved buff today. I look forward to more crying from you.

Really? I didn't play for a few days (family) and missed this in the forums, as well aparently. What is she getting?... errrr.. nevermind... i'll search the forum. but thanks a ton for the heads up.

Pope138
03-07-2017, 04:34 PM
I hear ya with regards to honor, but here's the thing: Honor is like religion. It's deeply personal and not everyone is a member of the same congregation. It does no good to complain about another person's perceived lack of honor. Just take comfort that you have it and they don't.
Honor shouldn't be proselytized, it spreads by example.

Also a lot of people have fun being mischievous lil' scamps in video game land. C'est la vie!

PackingMoney
03-07-2017, 04:53 PM
Since when was this game about honor?

Gray360UK
03-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Since when was this game about honor?

The title and people misinterpreting it is entirely to blame I guess.

I bought this game called Tomb Raider. I didn't get to play as a Viking with a large Axe once. I'm planning to go on the games forums to complain about lack of Vikings and demand my money back :D

Prophit618
03-07-2017, 05:43 PM
When I hear people complaining about "Honor" and "Cheese", what I mostly hear is people complaining that they don't want to get good enough to adapt and counter various playstyles. I regularly get 3v1ed with no regards to strategy, end up getting revenge, using my light attacks (because nothing else is fast enough to do the damage necessary to get out of a 3v1, even in Revenge mode), and manage to pull it off because they were all just lazily spamming heavy attacks instead of strategically teaming up on me (there is a way to do it that minimizes revenge, and then can bring down the revenged guy with relative ease afterwards), I get called the cheesy revenge-build light attack spammer.

Also, people have a stupid idea of what's honorable. You know what's not honorable? Leaving your friend's family or your own back home dying of hunger because you refused to use all the tools at your disposable to defeat your foe.

Munktor
03-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Should I be surprised that so many people don't understand the difference between the words "for" and "with".

GreenRanger XI
03-07-2017, 05:50 PM
Only just noticed OPs post count is 1 and join date is March 2017, so he pretty much got owned by a Valkyrie and made an account just to come here to rage about it :D

Doesn't matter people have an opinion. There's clear problems with the game that's why people like you are in a minority. Look at all the threads it's all negative and that's not just because people are as you put it "Getting owned"

PackingMoney
03-07-2017, 05:54 PM
Doesn't matter people have an opinion. There's clear problems with the game that's why people like you are in a minority. Look at all the threads it's all negative and that's not just because people are as you put it "Getting owned"

But the people who are moaning are the actual minorities, Do you really think every single person has a forum account?

GreenRanger XI
03-07-2017, 05:55 PM
No. Thats because people act like entitled catbabies nowadays, i am waiting for people to ask for safe spaces in video games.

Well if you like to just log on and have a bit of a laugh with friends I'm sure this game will do it for you. I personally prefer to play competitive games. That's what I have done for the last 5 years, but whatever floats your boat pal.

Prophit618
03-07-2017, 05:56 PM
There are absolutely huge problems with this game. Connectivity issues, some of the worst matchmaking i've ever seen, dumb orders that disrupt normal gameplay.
What isn't a real problem is people playing without "honor".

GreenRanger XI
03-07-2017, 05:56 PM
But the people who are moaning are the actual minorities, Do you really think every single person has a forum account?

Why do you think this game lost 50% of it's player base?

Munktor
03-07-2017, 06:08 PM
Why do you think this game lost 50% of it's player base?

That's an incorrect statement. PC lost 50% of its playerbase.

PC made up roughly 30% of the playerbase to begin with (and that's me being generous).

Gray360UK
03-07-2017, 06:14 PM

You do realise his entire complaint was about being owned by a Valkyrie though?

I mean if you think they are unkillable too, by all means defend him coming here to rage, but he did not address a single real problem in the game at all.

Not sure what 'people like me' is supposed to mean? Intelligent? On topic? Realistic about fighting Valkyries? As opposed to 'people like you' who are what? Too dumb to even know what the post he's posting in is about? What minority am I in exactly? People who aren't whiny crybabies? Good.

I think you are wrong though, the majority are not even here, forums are notoriously skewed towards the whiner, they are the ones that come here, the OP of this thread being an absolutely perfect example.

Now if you have such a problem with the game, and you clearly do because you whine about it over and over, why don't you grow a brain and stop playing it?

Gray360UK
03-07-2017, 06:18 PM
Yeah.. That doesn't make much sense.

I like the way he tries to make it sound like playing games with your friends for a laugh is a bad thing ... did someone change the definition of 'game' recently without me noticing? :D

Pope138
03-07-2017, 06:41 PM

I agree that op has the right to state his opinion, but your claim that people who enjoy this game are the minority is silly. What data have you based this on? The amount of negative threads in this forum? Because that's how the internet works. People who enjoy this game don't feel the need to come here and express that, but this forum is a great place to come if you want to vent your frustrations or offer constructive criticisms for what you perceive as problems.

But regardless, trying to shut down a person's argument by dismissing them as minority instead of shutting them down with actual facts is very telling.

Pope138
03-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Double post. Apologies.

TheLawbring3r
03-07-2017, 06:52 PM
How does a thread that's whole purpose is some guy crying about getting owned by a Valkyrie reach four pages...? If the OP is getting owned that's his problem. More practice is all he needs, plain and simple.

secrecy274
03-07-2017, 09:26 PM
Seriously, people need to stop bickering about "honor" already.

I'm a "honorable" player, prefer to let my teammate finish his opponent in Brawl, until someone "ganks" me, then all bets are off, simple as that.
Ledge kills are cheap, but they're here to stay and I enjoy them, especially when used against someone who "cheesed" their way to victory last round.