PDA

View Full Version : Remove Guard Break

DarkVortex20
03-07-2017, 01:36 AM
I think guard break should be removed from For Honor, it makes the game completely broken and unfair for characters that cannot use it well. While people using characters like valkyrie that can infinitely unblockable guard break dominate. Remove Guard break!

TCTF_SWAT
03-07-2017, 01:38 AM
You know how everyone has an opinion and all that? Yeah......i I disagree....

DarkVortex20
03-07-2017, 01:40 AM
Its too long!

DarkVortex20
03-07-2017, 01:41 AM
Just go into deathmatch and see!

solho
03-07-2017, 01:51 AM
u need more practice and cry less.

ThePollie
03-07-2017, 02:00 AM
Yeah, because Lawbringer isn't already a laughable pissant.

SerArthur-Dayne
03-07-2017, 02:02 AM
Lol, you are the only person whos voted in your own poll! And you didnt even put in an option to leave it as is... Jeez

SiewcaRaka
03-07-2017, 02:04 AM
Remove Weapons! They are sharp and dangerous!

Sirrkas
03-07-2017, 02:22 AM
So, you created a poll, where both options are "I don't like GB". Could you please make one, that people could take serious? It would also help, if you could explain, what you don't like about its current state.

m3gas_
03-07-2017, 02:24 AM
Remove guard break? Sure!! Wanna remove valk, conq and maybe the player base while you're at it, child?...

Banicks
03-07-2017, 02:27 AM
GB Counter alteration is needed, not removal of GB.

Also, GB needs to interrupt a heavy swing.

KILLYA4SCRILLA
03-07-2017, 03:18 AM

Yea some slight changes to mechanics would be fun to change up the repetitive chains.

SiewcaRaka
03-07-2017, 03:20 AM

They changed GB Counter so it would be easier for all crying babies that said "CGB IS IMPOSSIBIRU"
Now you want to change it and make it even easier? What are you? Chimpanzee that got problems with playing?

TheCadian_
03-07-2017, 03:35 AM
Neither answer really...

KILLYA4SCRILLA
03-07-2017, 03:51 AM
They changed GB Counter so it would be easier for all crying babies that said "CGB IS IMPOSSIBIRU"
Now you want to change it and make it even easier? What are you? Chimpanzee that got problems with playing?

What'do they change? I haven't noticed any changes.

Fenrirwolf24
03-07-2017, 03:55 AM
Guardbreak isnt hard to counter. I counter it all the time. They do need to reduce the distance of the guradbreak

dayLockey
03-07-2017, 04:00 AM
My biggest complaint with GB is the fact that it is a heat-seeking missile that punishes any lateral movement. GB should be wiff punishable like any other attack. Not to mention the utter abuse of GB from heroes like Warden and other heroes who have unblockables that can be canceled into GB, leaving you with a 50/50 chance of guessing right. That is simply not proper balance.

NeonDera
07-28-2017, 04:37 PM
honestly i don't thinkr emoving guard break is good because its the only way to deal with lousy people who do nothing but turtle

UbiNoty
07-29-2017, 01:57 AM
GB is kind of a fundamental and basic mechanic in terms of fighting in FH. Do you have any proposals for what we would do to replace it?

Gastgrinder
07-30-2017, 02:13 AM
GB is kind of a fundamental and basic mechanic in terms of fighting in FH. Do you have any proposals for what we would do to replace it?

-Teamemotes
-Zone Attack
-Unblockable
-CC
-Sprint like Shinobi
-Harakiri for Samurai
-faster stamina regeneration
-Direct throw without stun and free light/heavy attack

be creative Ubi

ChadwJ7
07-30-2017, 02:54 AM
Just have to get better man..definately should not get rid of guardbreak wth...conqueror would never die lmao 😂

Felis_Menari
07-30-2017, 03:08 AM
Eh, my issue with GB is the different GB speeds between characters. It throws my counter GB timing off frequently @__@

Tyrjo
07-30-2017, 10:00 AM
What a terrible poll. :D

Sm0k3alot
07-30-2017, 12:31 PM
GB is kind of a fundamental and basic mechanic in terms of fighting in FH....

Oh..and parrying was not a fundamental mechanic you dense mother****ers !?!? Why even fight anymore ?? SInce you removed the whole mindgame in fights, its just a who attacks first and/or faster. Thats why many people who LOVED the gameplay and the competition will now leave...just because u listen tho those who cryed the loudest...Sad that this happend to a game which had had the chance to introduce new players to a almost whole new genre, you should have waited at least until summer holidays where over, fix your connection issues, get 1 or 2 big streamers in your boat and you could generate much more players with a competitive "esport" attitude, the peasents would have also played it later because they play ****ing everything if a streamer says its a good game.

Anyway.... Ive got a game mode suggestion for you which will statisfying ALL players:

The Game Starts, of course with max 1 opponent because everything else would be way to tactical and noobs COULD lose to this fact, u cant demand basic thinking in a video game, that would be absolutely barabaric.
The Map (there is only 1 because it would be WAAAYYY to hard to remember more than 1) is just a Circle with absolutely nothing in it, maybe...just maybe a smiley on the floor but dont use too aggressive colors like red or so..we dont want that **** in our pillow castle.Do not use to much light/dark or textures as a whole, just a nice white plain circle box, because a great detailed map could confuse players and people COULD eventually lose a game to this and if someone loses, its naturally the fault of your crappy game design as we all know.
First 10 - 15 seconds no damage allowed so that everybody can show off theire new shiny emote they bought with mommys credit card.
After the "Show Off" a simple counter starts ticking from 10 to 0, the player who smashed the most buttons in this period of time will be the first winner and will get a whole legendary set, 3 Emotes, 50k steel, 3 h00kers and 1 lb of coke, the other one will of course be the "second" winner and he will get the exact same things as "winner 1", we dont want anyone to lose in a video game, that COULD frustrate the poor kids. That Game Mode should statisfy ALL Players, if not add some god damn waifus for the weebs and everything will be fine.

So thats just an opinion but i think it fits your new aligment in FH perfectly. I hope this is helpful.

Back2Topic:

Dense Mother****ers like OP are the reason this great game gets destroyed, thanks and i hope you step on lego or get hit by a lorry...

cya and have a fu***** wonderful day

fretti21
07-30-2017, 03:52 PM
Wow! Git Gud!

Antonioj26
07-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Eh, my issue with GB is the different GB speeds between characters. It throws my counter GB timing off frequently @__@

Shockingly they are all the same, 400ms. The animations of some of them are a little more subtle so that may be what's throwing you off.

Antonioj26
07-30-2017, 04:08 PM
Oh..and parrying was not a fundamental mechanic you dense mother****ers !?!? Why even fight anymore ?? SInce you removed the whole mindgame in fights, its just a who attacks first and/or faster. Thats why many people who LOVED the gameplay and the competition will now leave...just because u listen tho those who cryed the loudest...Sad that this happend to a game which had had the chance to introduce new players to a almost whole new genre, you should have waited at least until summer holidays where over, fix your connection issues, get 1 or 2 big streamers in your boat and you could generate much more players with a competitive "esport" attitude, the peasents would have also played it later because they play ****ing everything if a streamer says its a good game.

Anyway.... Ive got a game mode suggestion for you which will statisfying ALL players:

The Game Starts, of course with max 1 opponent because everything else would be way to tactical and noobs COULD lose to this fact, u cant demand basic thinking in a video game, that would be absolutely barabaric.
The Map (there is only 1 because it would be WAAAYYY to hard to remember more than 1) is just a Circle with absolutely nothing in it, maybe...just maybe a smiley on the floor but dont use too aggressive colors like red or so..we dont want that **** in our pillow castle.Do not use to much light/dark or textures as a whole, just a nice white plain circle box, because a great detailed map could confuse players and people COULD eventually lose a game to this and if someone loses, its naturally the fault of your crappy game design as we all know.
First 10 - 15 seconds no damage allowed so that everybody can show off theire new shiny emote they bought with mommys credit card.
After the "Show Off" a simple counter starts ticking from 10 to 0, the player who smashed the most buttons in this period of time will be the first winner and will get a whole legendary set, 3 Emotes, 50k steel, 3 h00kers and 1 lb of coke, the other one will of course be the "second" winner and he will get the exact same things as "winner 1", we dont want anyone to lose in a video game, that COULD frustrate the poor kids. That Game Mode should statisfy ALL Players, if not add some god damn waifus for the weebs and everything will be fine.

So thats just an opinion but i think it fits your new aligment in FH perfectly. I hope this is helpful.

Back2Topic:

Dense Mother****ers like OP are the reason this great game gets destroyed, thanks and i hope you step on lego or get hit by a lorry...

Except people don't like it, the turtle meta has been alive since the very beginning and it creates staring matches between players who are even slightly above average. Parrying in this game is way too easy and way too rewarding. If people liked it the way it was then solutions to it wouldn't be the a constant discussion. If you've at all watched the "competition" then you'll notice that's it's only people spamming unblockable and exploits that make attacks unparriable, these people aren't bringing in new customers. That system was created by the parrying mechanic.

Jediknight482
07-30-2017, 11:01 PM
LMAO it sounds like you just dont want to learn how to press one button and stop yourself from being GuardBroken. Its never going to be removed. Its not broken. And you literally just keep falling for mix ups. Nobodies fault but your own man. Sucks to suck

UbiNoty
07-30-2017, 11:39 PM

Back2Topic:

We didn't remove parry, we changed it. And this change was largely in response to months of community feedback on how it was being used and how it encouraged the turtle meta.

When the OP posts a suggestion like he did, I'm merely asking for further clarification and perhaps discussion. I'm in no way making any promises to do anything, just asking for some more insight into his thought process.

And I'll ask you to refrain from flaming other community members and to be more mindful of the language you use on the forums as per the forum rules (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1181761-Forum-Rules).

SofaKing.Lit
07-31-2017, 12:21 AM
@Sm0k3alot: Can you pls pass the salt?

Also, I think OP's suggestion is great. Remove GB. Also, please replace all weapons with flowers and let us all just hug it out, let's just stop this unnecessary violence.

UbiNoty
07-31-2017, 12:31 AM
@Sm0k3alot: Can you pls pass the salt?

Also, I think OP's suggestion is great. Remove GB. Also, please replace all weapons with flowers and let us all just hug it out, let's just stop this unnecessary violence.

Shugoki in hug-meta: S+++ tier.

Felis_Menari
07-31-2017, 06:50 AM
Shockingly they are all the same, 400ms. The animations of some of them are a little more subtle so that may be what's throwing you off.

Really now? I swear some feel faster (especially the Warden's, but maybe it's lag). I guess it's the same reason why fighting a PK or Orochi would be a nightmare with no indicators (running through story mode on the highest difficulty was so not fun, especially when going through the next to last samurai mission). The animations are very fast, and not very obvious for the reaction time frame

Antonioj26
07-31-2017, 07:06 AM
Really now? I swear some feel faster (especially the Warden's, but maybe it's lag). I guess it's the same reason why fighting a PK or Orochi would be a nightmare with no indicators (running through story mode on the highest difficulty was so not fun, especially when going through the next to last samurai mission). The animations are very fast, and not very obvious for the reaction time frame

Yeah like I said it's the animations that make it a little more difficult to react, it's the same reason that it's significantly easier to parry valk lights than it is shinobis despite them being the exact same speed. Either way even if they are the same speed it can be more difficult to time their cgbs because of it.

Dude_of_Valor
07-31-2017, 09:36 AM
Except people don't like it, the turtle meta has been alive since the very beginning and it creates staring matches between players who are even slightly above average. Parrying in this game is way too easy and way too rewarding. If people liked it the way it was then solutions to it wouldn't be the a constant discussion. If you've at all watched the "competition" then you'll notice that's it's only people spamming unblockable and exploits that make attacks unparriable, these people aren't bringing in new customers. That system was created by the parrying mechanic.

Again parrying is too easy on PC, not on console.

As for getting rid of GB, you need it. It helps add another element to both mind games and as a way to punish someone.

One thing that should change is that you should only be guaranteed a GB on block from a zone attack.

Antonioj26
07-31-2017, 09:52 AM
Again parrying is too easy on PC, not on console.

As for getting rid of GB, you need it. It helps add another element to both mind games and as a way to punish someone.

One thing that should change is that you should only be guaranteed a GB on block from a zone attack.

It's really not that hard on console, it's definitely harder but there's a much larger window than necessary. If I wanted to do nothing but turtle there's little most can do to crack me open with the exception of maybe a warlord. I've played with guys who can consistently parry lights on reaction, its way too strong for the little risk involved and it's why the turtle meta exists.

So are you saying gb shouldn't be guaranteed on recovery frames or dodges?

Dude_of_Valor
07-31-2017, 11:30 AM
It's really not that hard on console, it's definitely harder but there's a much larger window than necessary. If I wanted to do nothing but turtle there's little most can do to crack me open with the exception of maybe a warlord. I've played with guys who can consistently parry lights on reaction, its way too strong for the little risk involved and it's why the turtle meta exists.

So are you saying gb shouldn't be guaranteed on recovery frames or dodges?

What I am saying is that there are some classes which when blocked are open to a GB (Valkyrie for example).

For me no one should be guaranteed a GB just by blocking. The only exception being if a zone attack is blocked (because these are fast and thus act as a punishment).

I personally have not found many players that consistently parry my light attacks. Yes it does happen but I generally feel that is because they got used to my pattern more than changing guard direction and parrying at the same time.

Antonioj26
07-31-2017, 04:55 PM
What I am saying is that there are some classes which when blocked are open to a GB (Valkyrie for example).

For me no one should be guaranteed a GB just by blocking. The only exception being if a zone attack is blocked (because these are fast and thus act as a punishment).

I personally have not found many players that consistently parry my light attacks. Yes it does happen but I generally feel that is because they got used to my pattern more than changing guard direction and parrying at the same time.

Ah ok I definitely agree but I think valk and warden are the only ones that do that now. Might be more but I'm sleep deprived and other examples are slipping my mind. I sorta think it's fair for warden since it's so fast and really good range so it's a good way to balance this out. I realize that pks and orochis zone are similar but pk is pk and Orochi would need a pretty good buff since that's 50% of his kit.

Yeah I'll admit it doesn't happen nearly as often on PC as it does on console but it's still a problem at the upper levels.

Carbine545
07-31-2017, 10:45 PM
Guard break is always going to be there, what I did to defend against it was set up custom 1v1 matches with bots, and I spent hours just practicing how to recognize an incoming guard break and defend against it. With out guard break this game would be a mindless flurry of button smashers and that would ruin the game 10x more than the Centurion already has.

Alienjf
07-31-2017, 11:23 PM
if it was a mechanic that is equal for all classes.but its not
it a broken mechanics ,good player will abuse because you know skills! and im very bad so dead...great game the core of it is Guard-break?!

Carbine545
08-01-2017, 02:08 AM
How does one get good at something? PRACTICE, like I said above set up custom match 1v1 set your bot level and put damage to 0, spend some time at it and you will get good.

Gastgrinder
08-01-2017, 03:27 PM
With out guard break this game would be a mindless flurry of button smashers
and now this game is a mindless flurry of gb and cc spammer.
At least it would be without gb something more what it wanted to be, a weapon fighting game.

JesterSyxe
08-01-2017, 04:23 PM
You created this abomination of a combat system and now you ask the Players to come up with Ideas to solve the Problems this game has? What about remove Guardbreak and see where it goes. Why is Ubisoft even paying people if they dont know how to do their Job properly.

Gastgrinder
08-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Make a dominion without gb event ubi, we will see how it is.
Better a realistic dominion without gb and cc event.
Then it is a skill based fighting game.

ZUNniK.
08-01-2017, 06:32 PM
You guys know you can punish a gb attempt with a light, do you? Every fighting game has a grab mechanic. It brings variety into fights and in my opinion it is fine they added it to the game. The only thing that have to go is free gb after parry. Dont know what poblem somebody could have with the mechanic, except they cant cbg. So learn it and problem solved.

JAYROD1174
08-01-2017, 06:49 PM
Absolutely not! I use the Raider class (hardest class in the game to be effectively), and while I admit it sucks fighting someone skilled in guard breaking. I can't see not having the ability to defend myself from the onslaught of Centurion and Orochi attacks I deal with daily. It's a very necessary component of the game and gets easier with practice. Lots of practice Lol.

Trenk2009
08-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Wtf is this thread ? Is this trolling ? Or are there really 11 very dumb people ?

Also what the **** does "valkyrie spamming ublocakble guard break" ****ing mean ?

Gastgrinder
08-01-2017, 07:27 PM
I use the Raider class (hardest class in the game to be effectively)
lol, you do not mean that seriously?

Why everyone assumes that if something disrupts one, that one can not deal with it?
i counter almost all gb, it just annoys that so much gb is spammed.
Fights in For Honor consist only of parry, gb, CC spam, the mechanics are good when they are not used endlessly.
As it is now, it is boring, 80% of the players are brainless idiots who can not do more like two moves.
Take all idiots the chance to spam and they have to learn how the game works.

ZUNniK.
08-01-2017, 09:47 PM
Why everyone assumes that if something disrupts one, that one can not deal with it?
i counter almost all gb, it just annoys that so much gb is spammed.

This Thread is about removing gb. So if you want to remove it because its spammable. Lets remove light attacks. its spammable too. Spam has nothing to do with mechanics. Its players who abuse mechanics. Pretty much everything is abuseable. But if someone is that stupid to abuse gb, then he pretty much gets destroyed everytime from a player who can cbg or punish it with a light. So i dont understand the point. Yes spam is annoying but uneffective and punishable. No need to remove something.

Antonioj26
08-01-2017, 09:50 PM
This Thread is about removing gb. So if you want to remove it because its spammable. Lets remove light attacks. its spammable too. Spam has nothing to do with mechanics. Its players who abuse mechanics. Pretty much everything is abuseable. But if someone is that stupid to abuse gb, then he pretty much gets destroyed everytime from a player who can cbg. So i dont understand the point. Yes spam is annoying but uneffective and punishable. No need to remove something.

Not only this but if the ptr changes go through you'll have an ever harder time spamming gbs since the window will be so short to do it during someone's attack. 100ms means you pretty much can't even land on prediction, only luck

Alienjf
08-02-2017, 03:23 PM
``GB is kind of a fundamental and basic mechanic in terms of fighting in FH. Do you have any proposals for what we would do to replace it? ``
the feint in to guard break needs to go,just dont make it so that you get trown off the map full health.the pay off around guard break are too great that why players abuse it.
make it so that, if you guard break and you get counter then you messed up real bad and cannot spam it too oblivion while it cost me stam to counter the spam when im already in exaustion recovery!!!

DrinkinMyStella
08-02-2017, 03:27 PM
Remove guard break? lmao the single most important mechanic in the game. Just learn to counter guard break.

DrinkinMyStella
08-02-2017, 03:29 PM
I can't believe people are actually agreeing with remove GB ok so just block? there would need to add an extra 10mins to the game timer because no one would kill anyone just turtle and block.