PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Wow! Wow! Wow! means Cheap *** Kill

CarnivalLaw
03-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Just a For Honor Public Service Announcement: If you're seeing three "Wow!" in a row after your kills, it's because you're a Cheap *** Player.

PackingMoney
03-06-2017, 10:55 PM
Just a For Honor Public Service Announcement: If you're seeing three "Wow!" in a row after your kills, it's because you're a Cheap *** Player.

Or maybe it is because they realised they could have countered the problem that they had, and then spammed wow for thinking why didn't I stop that.

CarnivalLaw
03-06-2017, 11:04 PM
You can think that if you like. LOL.

CarnivalLaw
03-06-2017, 11:27 PM
hmm.. cheap... cheap.. hmm.. nope doesnīt ring a bell. There is nothing to buy in a fight.

I take it you see a lot of Wow! Wow! Wow!

Pope138
03-06-2017, 11:29 PM
In a perfect world it would only be used for cheap kills. But as soon as it becomes a thing badkids are going to use it after perfectly legit kills.

Hrodebert75
03-06-2017, 11:41 PM
Wow! Wow! Wow! means they're super impressed by how good you are.

secrecy274
03-06-2017, 11:48 PM
Lmao, no, you can't decide what everyone mean with that.

secrecy274
03-07-2017, 12:31 AM
Did we do it right?

http://abload.de/img/forhonor2017-3-7-0-3-qxkpb.jpg

A work of art.

Sirrkas
03-07-2017, 12:38 AM
Did we do it right?

It looks nice, but stacking them on right the same spot, might look better.

djayfireman
03-07-2017, 12:40 AM

Imagine if console players could actually speak to each other

PackingMoney
03-07-2017, 12:41 AM
Imagine if console players could actually speak to each other

It would only be 12 y/o telling you that they had sex with your mum. Happens a lot on shooters.

UbiJurassic
03-07-2017, 12:45 AM
Did we do it right?

I think they get the point.

Reign
03-07-2017, 12:48 AM

I c what u did there pretty sharp.

CarnivalLaw
03-07-2017, 12:52 AM
Lmao, no, you can't decide what everyone mean with that.

Sure I can. Bye!

TCTF_SWAT
03-07-2017, 01:00 AM
Wow spam is salt. That's how I see it. One wow would mean something else.

Basically if you're spamming the chat, it gives me the impression that you're salty or your feathers are ruffled.

CarnivalLaw
03-07-2017, 01:03 AM
Did we do it right?

Brilliant!

frank1ller
03-07-2017, 01:55 AM
Nothing is more satisfesing than throwing someone off a cliff then reading 3 wow!

Banicks
03-07-2017, 02:25 AM
They know what it means. If it was a decent performance from the enemy that beat me, I'll hit Good Fight.

If it was cheap or a gang bang and they're gloating, I hit the wow. We need a No Honor one TBH, but nothing else would even be seen in 4v4s.

Gray360UK
03-07-2017, 02:34 AM
Just thrashed a team in Dominion and half of them spammed Wow! at the end, so yeah, salty tears of bad losers.

Personally my favourite is the sarcastic use of 'Good Fight!' when it absolutely was not, like when you've just kicked someone over a ledge :D

SiewcaRaka
03-07-2017, 02:36 AM
Yes, we need no honor. Those that died like morons and whine about it should get "no honor" badge :D CAUSE THEY DIDNT EARN THEIR HONOR.

KILLYA4SCRILLA
03-07-2017, 03:15 AM
I just go with the sarcastic. Wow! OK! When it is a bs kill.

GreenRanger XI
03-07-2017, 03:24 AM
*Throw off ledge*
Good fight!
Thanks!
Wow!

Dracomon
03-07-2017, 03:26 AM
Had a champ walk out of the capture zone last night to let me heal up. He salutes.........then i charged him straight off the cliff. I thought he said wow wow wow because he couldn't believe he stood on the edge of a 50m drop. Thanks for clearing that up :cool:

SiewcaRaka
03-07-2017, 03:26 AM
Just thrashed a team in Dominion and half of them spammed Wow! at the end, so yeah, salty tears of bad losers.

Personally my favourite is the sarcastic use of 'Good Fight!' when it absolutely was not, like when you've just kicked someone over a ledge :D

I saw great clip of Mr. Fruit where Raider was trying to lure him into bridge on swamp. Mr. Fruit threw his axe and raider fell off :D Instant punish :D

Gray360UK
03-07-2017, 03:34 AM
I saw great clip of Mr. Fruit where Raider was trying to lure him into bridge on swamp. Mr. Fruit threw his axe and raider fell off :D Instant punish :D

I found an enemy Orochi leaning over the edge of one of the drops on the top floor of the Cathedral in a Skirmish game.
He was obviously waiting to drop kill one of my team mates if they passed underneath.
He didn't notice me come up behind him ... kicked him out the hole to his death and did 'Wow! Good Fight!' to rub it in :D

TheCadian_
03-07-2017, 03:39 AM
Not going to lie... I get a fair few of this in Elimination and Domination. But really, if people didn't want to be thrown off of ledges, into spikes, or lava, or the ocean, or into spike pits then they shouldn't...

a.) Stand very close to these hazardous materials.
b.) Try to throw me into these same hazard (then have the nerve to be salty about it)
c.) Use lunging attacks such as shoulder charges (in all likelihood also to achieve b) anywhere near where I can perform a Long Arm.

Egotistic_Ez
03-07-2017, 03:40 AM

Oh, hey, an ubi rep. I thought you guys were all still hiding underground.

GayForShugoki
03-07-2017, 03:41 AM
I'm a little on the edge as I use it constantly for various things.

I just like spamming things and did it when I got ganked. If I killed both of them I would spam good fight and taunt on their dead bodies.

I also spam Good fight if I toss someone off a ledge. If they do the classic triple wow I will hit them with 3 good fights when I kill them.

ArlianDeBias
03-07-2017, 03:44 AM
I'm usually an honorable guy, but if I meet someone who spams text commands or taunts after a kill I'll deal it back ten-fold.

There's no better feeling than absolutely destroying an over confident enemy and then spamming Good Fight! three times.

It's usually followed by "Enemy has left the match and been replaced with a bot".

SiewcaRaka
03-07-2017, 03:45 AM
I found an enemy Orochi leaning over the edge of one of the drops on the top floor of the Cathedral in a Skirmish game.
He was obviously waiting to drop kill one of my team mates if they passed underneath.
He didn't notice me come up behind him ... kicked him out the hole to his death and did 'Wow! Good Fight!' to rub it in :D

Wait...that could be me xD I died like this while ago cause I was trying to ambush someone :D Since that time I have rule "No ambushes in risky place" xD Good to learn from your own experience :D

Te_Wheke
03-07-2017, 03:58 AM
I had a Warlord standing next to a ledge in the first round of a duel, he tried to GB me but I countered, then GB him and threw him off with Orochi's pitiful throw distance. He spammed Wow! 3 times and rage quit, so gloriously salty.

Allyrion8
03-07-2017, 04:31 AM
Just today I got two ledge kills that weren't even intentional. The enemy literally dodged to the ledge after a feint into a side heavy and got pushed off from blocking. One of those times they basically moved the fight there, but then they spammed "Wow!" afterwards. The other time I even had a gb and just pushed them forward instead of off the bridge right before they dodged towards the edge.

Are people just not self aware that they basically killed themselves? I couldn't even stop the swing if I wanted to and I shouldn't be trying to save your life if you're dumb enough to badly position yourself.

My favorite time was when I fought a Valkyrie (Elimination) and they were almost dead when an Orochi comes to gank. Then the Valkyrie runs away and leaves her teammate to die but comes back with a defense buff as I'm executing. They kill me mostly during the execute and I don't blame them.

What was amazing was the "Wow!" spam when two of my teammates arrived after and killed her. She utilized a gank to get a buff and left her teammate to die, then killed her opponent while they were vulnerable but then got upset about getting ganked herself. At least be consistent with your self-righteousness.

She rage quit soon after.

Gray360UK
03-07-2017, 04:57 AM
Had another classic just now.
A Berserker was trying to ladder kill me, camped on the top couple of rungs, waiting for me to climb up after him ... err, no.
He was so busy doing that he didn't notice the Nobushi on my team arrive at C and knock him off.
He fell down, landed at my feet with a tiny bit of health left and I hit him with a Heavy and then Executed him.
He got a much deserved 'Wow! Good Fight!' too :D

FightingFerrets
03-07-2017, 05:02 AM
Just today I got two ledge kills that weren't even intentional. The enemy literally dodged to the ledge after a feint into a side heavy and got pushed off from blocking. One of those times they basically moved the fight there, but then they spammed "Wow!" afterwards. The other time I even had a gb and just pushed them forward instead of off the bridge right before they dodged towards the edge.

I gave a guy a WOW after this happened to me, not because I was pissed at him but generally surprised at how easy it was to kill me. I tried for a GB with a ledge to my back as a Warlord (with the intention of turning him around and shoving off I do admit) but I was CGB (surprising I know, it's not very often this happens atm), the backlash from the CGB was enough to send my fleet of foot Warlord over the edge. My WOW was more of a "Really? Damn...should have tried something else!"

Allyrion8
03-07-2017, 07:04 AM
I gave a guy a WOW after this happened to me, not because I was pissed at him but generally surprised at how easy it was to kill me. I tried for a GB with a ledge to my back as a Warlord (with the intention of turning him around and shoving off I do admit) but I was CGB (surprising I know, it's not very often this happens atm), the backlash from the CGB was enough to send my fleet of foot Warlord over the edge. My WOW was more of a "Really? Damn...should have tried something else!"

I get that too. A single "Wow!" Is different. I do that too, usually just because I'm genuinely surprised that X happened.

Spamming usually carries the negative connotation.

Egotistic_Ez
03-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Tbh i dislike everyone who uses predefined messages to convey anything. Have the dignity to type the stuff yourself. I don't care for your prescripted unpersonal good game and neither do i care if you spam wow. Just tells me quicker for whom i don't need to have any respect.
Either die with dignity and don't be a sour loser or don't play the game.

I assumed this was more for console players. Though the effort of switching from controller to keyboard on pc makes it useful there too I suppose.

RatedChaotic
03-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Was in 4v4 and it ended up as a 1v3. I took on 3 at the same time. I got 2 and almost got the 3rd. My team was spamming WoW the whole fight. I guess by your definition OP that means my teammates were saying I killed them in a cheap way. lol. stfu.

Xaviloga
03-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Well, if the game allow to play cheap and Ubi encourage it, because in war everything is allowed, then why i cant provoke my enemies as a tool. I can play dirty but i cant say nothing but congratulate ppl for the great combat u had. I can cut heads off, but i cant call anyone coward, looks like hipocrisy to me.

RatedChaotic
03-07-2017, 09:03 AM
Well, if the game allow to play cheap and Ubi encourage it, because in war everything is allowed, then why i cant provoke my enemies as a tool. I can play dirty but i cant say nothing but congratulate ppl for the great combat u had. I can cut heads off, but i cant call anyone coward, looks like hipocrisy to me.

I wonder why we dont use flamethrowers in modern wars anymore? Oh yeah! because they are not allowed.

Xaviloga
03-07-2017, 09:10 AM
You can do whatever you want, but if you are salty after losing then that doesnīt add anything to the game :)As i said, you just donīt get my respect with that behavior (who cares anyways). I am not trying to forbid it.

As i said, there are matches that your enemies goes all together and yor team mates do the war for their own. Its fine, i dont complain. If i have a tool to provoke my enemies and make them do a mistake, im no against it.

Revenge mode is ok to kill noobs, against a few skilled players its not that powerful. At least i dont die too often when my enemies enter in revenge mode.

secrecy274
03-07-2017, 09:53 AM
As i said, there are matches that your enemies goes all together and yor team mates do the war for their own. Its fine, i dont complain. If i have a tool to provoke my enemies and make them do a mistake, im no against it.

Revenge mode is ok to kill noobs, against a few skilled players its not that powerful. At least i dont die too often when my enemies enter in revenge mode.

On of the few perks of the Lawbringer, I usually just Long Arm juggle them until it runs out.

Thanapetus
03-07-2017, 05:42 PM
I notice the spams come from the assassin classes (shocker right) and especially those with any kind of execute upgrade (hell fire, thors lightning).So last night I was playing my lvl 8 raider in dominion and had these two ahole beserkers with emblems from Cuba (one r4 named Yung_blazer_420x and a rank 11 that literally was the essence of pay to play) spamming revenge and the zone attack every second. True skill right? lawlz

They run around spamming emotes backflipping on me every chance they get and their team dominates the match where I dont have a single player who is rank 1 or higher so yeah, i was slightly salty. Next match, of course some leave and and we are now on Shard Map. I pull out my trolltastic lawbringer. I run to A (blue) and he is running to A and orange. I hide around the corner and time it perfectly and troll push him off. I spam the emote.

His lover comes up and doesnt fall for it and i hit him 1 time and guess what? revenge. Ok, I lock him down with pushes, charges, longarms and whittle him down and kill him. Spam emotes.

Im still at A and they come up on the side with the holes in the bridge, I charge one into another, one falls off. I GB, he counters I take a step back and charge ahead...troll push to death. Spam emotes after i jump down.

After pushing them into the spikes, owning them in a corner taking them 2 v 1 multiple times I end up with a reputable 17-3 KD ratio and 8 objectives taken. Toward the end of it, a conqueror got in on it and starting spamming the pelvic thrust after I would impale them with the halberd. After I somehow pull off a 3v2 with conq they rage quit and began calling me a hacker, cheater, racist name for blacks

Oh, my lawzbringer? Rank 1 level 16. It was glorious revenge, so much tears and lawbringer spam. I knew I wouldnt top that performance so I quit for the night.

Prophit618
03-07-2017, 05:54 PM
Funnily, as playing a PK, most of the people I hear complaining about cheap kills are people who play classes that have a hard time with PK naturally, or who just have no ability to adapt in battle and expect the tactics that work on a Warden to work on a PK.

Triple Wow really means "I don't know how to play but think I'm the best ever so I'm going to assume you must be playing dirty or cheaply since you crushed me."

itsPlanB
03-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Just going to put this right here .....

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17097800_10158233080955431_7888633942679616235_o.j pg?oh=3b9e0c28f6eba6a68e30d4f87228eb4c&oe=596DE61C

Valfrekr
03-07-2017, 06:14 PM
When I hit "Wow" in the quick chat, it's because there isn't a "Lol" option. I've been killed in pvp matches where I was thrown off or into environmental hazards during a good fight, or ganged up on by 4 players, and after revenging 3 times in a row, finally getting killed. Wow for me is a way to show that I'm chuckling at what just happened.

secrecy274
03-07-2017, 06:31 PM
I get that it can be cheap to throw someone off, but the second you try to have a fair fight with someone, they throw you off. This is my counter. There is no such thing as a fair fight, if i get thrown off bc i wasn't paying attention to my surroundings, that means the other fighter was smarter than me, which means i fought poorly and am now dead. If he is good enough to not get thrown off, he is a good fighter. So, i guess what im saying is, there are traps in the game. If you fall into them, it is your fault. Don't get all upset and be amazed that you fell into it. Just be a better fighter and dont fall for traps. Yeah it would be nice to always see who the better sword fighter was, unfortunately thats not how the game was created.

True that.
Fought a Warlord as the Lawbringer for a few rounds, all "fair and square". Until he decided to take me on a joyride across the arena and throw me off a ledge. So, I payed back using the same means, I just kept throwing him off ledges, he got so mad he spammed "wow, wow, wow" each time, until both he and his teammate (this was Brawl, btw. My own teammate had ragequited during the first round, and the AI didn't stand a chance) quit at the end of the last round, guess it's only ok when they did it. :p

xx007iam
03-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Nah. It doesn't. Some people use it for actually 'wow' moments. I use it for LOL moments. Like I turn the corner to revive a few people only to have the area erupt in to a fiery inferno while EVERYONE dies. I was literally the only one left alive between both teams. You bet I used a 'Wow!'

I use it when one person is alive at the end of a 4v4 and they just run away from 4 - 3 people for a few minutes. They get the "wow!' 'Ok!'

Was having a good fight in a elimination, I get killed by the other dude, give him the "good fight" while I'm doing he starts to tea bag me, I'm like "wow" "ok" and then he uses "sorry" three times and stops tea bagging.

You just can't express the salt you fee with 'wow'l. I understand, few do.