PDA

View Full Version : General wonderingment about Samurais

The2dGeek
03-06-2017, 09:08 PM
Hi this post isn't a suggestion per se it's more of a general wonderingment that could maybe become a suggestion i dont know but anyway i was just wondering why do the Kensei and Orochidon't have Scabbard/Saya. I was just wondering because i study iaito and my sensei always told me that samurai never Drew their Swords out of the saya except for battle and usually resheathed it right away i know the orochi kind of sheathes her weapon but anyway i was just wondering if there was a specific reason for that

thanks

Elzziwelzzif
03-06-2017, 10:37 PM
That is something that plays with all factions, and all heroes.

Have you ever seen a raider or Nobushi scale a ladder. They hang their weapons on their backs.
Like... "ive got a magnet stuck to my back" type of sheething.

The ones with 1h weapons could use a scabberd for their weapons, or maybe latter straps around their weapons/ hooks on their belts to hang a weapon into (vikings).
2h users should keep their weapons in one hand while using ladders, or have some small rope attachment to be able to hang them over their backs.

The2dGeek
03-07-2017, 07:54 AM
I agree they should at least have some kind of attachment and i never realised wardens don't have scabbards too its kind of weird knights without scabbards... anyway i guess maybe it was more of a technical issue to put scabbards in the equarion lol :)