PDA

View Full Version : Adjust Ladders

Meliodas7ds
03-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Yous really need to take a good hard look at ladders.
I already think environmental kills are unbalanced and need major tweaking but they are nothing compared to how stupid ladders work in this game.
On top of someone on the ladder? Instant win for you!
On the Bottom? Even if you attack they still easily kill you because balance!
sliding down the ladder needs to be adjusted so that if you hit another player yous both fall then make a way to easily kick downwards making a way to counter people climbing up and bam balanced.

itsPlanB
03-06-2017, 06:48 PM
I'm curious why you think that ladders are a problem in the game. I've probably been killed by someone on a ladder maybe 5 times in my entire gaming history of the game thus far. That leaves my 647 deaths as something that were my fault or something that the enemy was better than me and I got my *** handed to me. Ladders are fine. Know whats happening on them and move along.

Yous really need to take a good hard look at ladders.
I already think environmental kills are unbalanced and need major tweaking but they are nothing compared to how stupid ladders work in this game.
On top of someone on the ladder? Instant win for you!
On the Bottom? Even if you attack they still easily kill you because balance!
sliding down the ladder needs to be adjusted so that if you hit another player yous both fall then make a way to easily kick downwards making a way to counter people climbing up and bam balanced.

Neqva
03-06-2017, 07:08 PM
Honestly, if you die because of ladders, its because you are doing stupid ****, never run up a ladder with someone in it, not even your own teamates. All bases have several ways in, if someone is sitting in the ladder, choose a different route. It's THAT easy.

ArlianDeBias
03-06-2017, 07:21 PM
You're right, the ladders could be tweaked. Currently the person who is above you is always going to win when they slide down, no matter if you try and time the hit to hit them off.

Also, there are quite a few graphical glitches and issues with getting on the ladders in the first place. I find that when I run full speed at a ladder it won't allow me to get on the ladder, I have to be directly in front of it and walking towards it which slows me down quite a lot and seems very finnicky.

Do I think it's a priority issue or that it's gamebreaking? No. After you've played the game for longer than an hour you learn to get around these issues (eg; not using a ladder if someone else is using it, learning to walk towards ladders rather than run). I'm the same as the posters above, I've only died twice to ladders in the 100+ hours of playing this game because I learnt how ladders work in this version of the game.

I do agree though, they need to be tweaked a bit.

KILLYA4SCRILLA
03-06-2017, 07:22 PM
Dude... latters!? Hahaha that's what you choose to complain about? I've never died from a latter and probably never will.