PDA

View Full Version : Global event order would have been completed if the game didn't crash everyone.

eliteslayer66
03-06-2017, 07:52 AM
Ubi is getting in the way of their own content, this is pretty funny.

TCTF_SWAT
03-06-2017, 08:10 AM
Well it's almost there for ps4. Currently 4488289.

Felis_Menari
03-06-2017, 08:18 AM
Only ten hours in and the Xbone community was closing in on the halfway mark. It's hard to imagine us failing.

Mr Durva
03-06-2017, 09:10 AM
Only ten hours in and the Xbone community was closing in on the halfway mark. It's hard to imagine us failing.

Umm no they werent lol. We didn't hit half way until about 40 hours remaining

Traktorash
03-06-2017, 09:41 AM
well it's failing horribly on PC, last night it was at like 20M/48M with 25 hrs to go

Egotistic_Ez
03-06-2017, 09:46 AM
well it's failing horribly on PC, last night it was at like 20M/48M with 25 hrs to go

Yeah the pc failed the event during open beta as well. The low population was part of the reason I didn't pick it up on that platform.

RatedChaotic
03-06-2017, 09:51 AM
Well it's almost there for ps4. Currently 4488289.

Xbox at 3mil. We failed. Dont think we will get another million plus in 16hrs. I could be wrong tho.

cirte8_6
03-06-2017, 09:59 AM
From week to week less and less players. What kind of destiny did you except for this game? xD

Felis_Menari
03-06-2017, 10:35 AM
Umm no they werent lol. We didn't hit half way until about 40 hours remaining

Huh...I thought the timer started at 48 hours. My bad.

Hammelsneid
03-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Yeah the pc failed the event during open beta as well. The low population was part of the reason I didn't pick it up on that platform.

As far as I experienced the event in the open beta the community did manage to complete the 1,6 mio matches? o.O At least we got the reward for it, as far a s I remember..

Captain-Courage
03-06-2017, 01:44 PM
It's an excellent thing that these events fail.
Firstly, they won't have as big numbers as they wanted to put in their nice data visualisation (the only purpose of such events, community managment 101)
Secondly because, yeah, they want to make "game as services" maybe. They know how to make games ... But are still failing hard on the services aspect. It doesn't just take big numbers slaped to the face of players to build and maintain a community.

Captain-Courage
03-06-2017, 01:46 PM
double post, can delete

Gray360UK
03-06-2017, 02:52 PM

I think you missed how long the event was?
It wasn't 48 hours, it was 72.
It took nearly 50 hours to get to the halfway mark, we would have needed 100 hours to do it, as long as no one went to sleep! :D

Mr.BauRawr
03-06-2017, 04:38 PM
Notice

1st During Open beta PC completed global event.

2nd. The global event is 80 Hours. Atleast on PC when it began.

Are you guys high?

ShadowFetus
03-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Notice

1st During Open beta PC completed global event.

2nd. The global event is 80 Hours. Atleast on PC when it began.

Are you guys high?

Yes

Infidel.Castro
03-06-2017, 05:11 PM
Yeah, it's not looking good on PC. Silly amount of battles need doing, it is more of a job than a fun event. Hope they realise this and make the goals a bit easier to obtain in the future. Well at least I know not to bother with the next event and just continue the modes I enjoy more.

itsPlanB
03-06-2017, 05:15 PM
Yeah there is no way that XB1 makes it, unless there are a lot of dominion games played over the next 10 to 12 hours. We were basically 66% of the way through.

Traktorash
03-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Also keep in mind the event is dominion this time... aaaaaaaaalot of people hate dominion for various reasons, personaly because of the whole ilvl 0 vs ilvl 108 "matchmaking"

m3gas_
03-06-2017, 08:48 PM
Also keep in mind the event is dominion this time... aaaaaaaaalot of people hate dominion for various reasons, personaly because of the whole ilvl 0 vs ilvl 108 "matchmaking"

Dude with the current state of the game Dominion is the only thing keeping me from getting rid of it... At least it offers fun moments from time to time, not like "it may be 4v4 but we all duel 1v1 or the ragequits are comming!!' in Elimination...

itsPlanB
03-06-2017, 08:53 PM
That's all find and dandy. People don't like it. People don't want to play. People don't have to play. All that aside, people do like it. People do play it and to wind up at roughly 66% of the set aside goal after having smashed it during the Beta it speaks volumes.

http://fh.bhtguild.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Capture-1.png

Dude with the current state of the game Dominion is the only thing keeping me from getting rid of it... At least it offers fun moments from time to time, not like "it may be 4v4 but we all duel 1v1 or the ragequits are comming!!' in Elimination...

cragar212
03-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Ps4 might still get it done. Over 5mill now but I doubt it. You get 600steel from daily contracts which takes 15min. Or you can 5 hours of dominion for 1000steel. I can see why alot of people didn't bother with it.

Hammelsneid
03-06-2017, 09:40 PM
Funny, i always read 4,8 million, or even 48 million.. here in Germany PC-version I am displayed 2,8 million matches and we get 1000 steel and 1 premium scavenger crate (ingame-display), if we would beat it. But it seems to be a close thing, since we need about half a million to complete it in less than 5 hours. Funny, on the website it says we get 500 steel and 2 crates. Very difficult for someone at Ubi to get even that straight. *sigh*

http://www.pic2web.net/upload/9e1f5e0f1ddb92893de973d0e001de98c0e4d3ce.PNG

Peligrad
03-06-2017, 09:55 PM
Yeah Xbone won't make it.

Was pretty obvious when we didn't make it to 50% before the halfway mark on time when the event was extending outside of the weekend.

The player population is dying very quickly so it isn't a surprise.

Hopefully Ubi is seeing how few active players their $hit game has.

Hopefully they will force their leadership to resign and put people with brains in charge.

Braegulfer
03-06-2017, 09:58 PM
As far as I experienced the event in the open beta the community did manage to complete the 1,6 mio matches? o.O At least we got the reward for it, as far a s I remember..

Yeah, we got it in OB, not sure what this guy is on about.

Felis_Menari
03-06-2017, 10:21 PM
I think you missed how long the event was?
It wasn't 48 hours, it was 72.
It took nearly 50 hours to get to the halfway mark, we would have needed 100 hours to do it, as long as no one went to sleep! :D

I already posted about my mistake, lol; I thought the timer started at 48 hours. I am on For Honor nearly every day and must not have realized that I missed out on the first day of the event.

TCTF_SWAT
03-06-2017, 10:33 PM
5.5k left and ps4 has got it.

Kharneth88
03-06-2017, 10:43 PM

PS4 players aren't middle schoolers like the Xbox :cool:

SpringReborn
03-06-2017, 11:06 PM

You must be on some other kind of ps4 because ps4 is still missing 500k not 5.5k

itsPlanB
03-06-2017, 11:08 PM
They have now added more time onto the event.
http://fh.bhtguild.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Capture-2.png

That's all find and dandy. People don't like it. People don't want to play. People don't have to play. All that aside, people do like it. People do play it and to wind up at roughly 66% of the set aside goal after having smashed it during the Beta it speaks volumes.

http://fh.bhtguild.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Capture-1.png

Captain-Courage
03-06-2017, 11:12 PM
They have now added more time onto the event.
http://fh.bhtguild.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Capture-2.png

Yeah that's what I saw on PC too. And maybe they'll add even more, who knows. And it could even end with a "Thank you for your participation" and they distribute the reward anyways, even if it fails. In fact, it has alreday failed since they had to add more time.
God that's hilarious.
Somebody at the office must have not fulfiled his objectives, and they want that data so much for their communication. You know, in video games nowadays, a lot of things has to do with numbers, and add to that Esports dreams and all that suff ...

itsPlanB
03-06-2017, 11:16 PM
I can see it now.

Ubisoft For Honor: It only took us a week to get 4.4M games completed with 8 players per game ... Can we come play?
ESports: No.

Yeah that's what I saw on PC too.And maybe they'll add even more, who knows.
God that's hilarious.
Somebody at the office must have not fulfiled his objectives, and they want that data so bad for their communication. You know, Esports dreams, all that suff ...

TCTF_SWAT
03-06-2017, 11:21 PM
You must be on some other kind of ps4 because ps4 is still missing 500k not 5.5k

That's what I meant. 5.500k

ShadowFetus
03-06-2017, 11:56 PM
Lmao did they really extend the time another 3 days with no actual "official" announcement? It was pretty obvious this event was a long-shot from the beginning.

"Quick guys, add another couple days on there. No one will notice."

dayLockey
03-07-2017, 12:07 AM
It's like Ubi set themselves up to fail with this "community event". People have been complaining for weeks about the variety of different problems there are with Dominion PvP:

- server instability (grays vs. golds, gold players stomp grays, gold players talk $hit to grays, grays leave the game, game crashes and everyone loses)

- revenge mode currently being a laughable, easily exploitable mechanic that is currently the "meta" in For Honor

- huge hero imbalances

The suggestion that the next event include PvAI? Please no:

- still no Player Kick function to allow the community to police itself rather than let some half-*** support/report system that is currently in place. I've seen the same botters in Dominion AI for weeks now, most over P10 with 108 GS. But THEY'LL GET A WARNING SOON!

- no contribution, no problem, still get max rewards and steel

- no leaver penalty

There are just so many issues with For Honor right now it doesn't surprise me that it is hemorrhaging players on a daily basis at this point.

CuD_
03-07-2017, 01:24 AM
I am a pre-order sucker, after playing the beta and seeing the potential this game has, I dropped 100$ on it and got the season pass, etc.

Day 1 of release, something was wrong, I have posted in multiple places about it. The connections are only part of it, they also messed with stance change speeds on my Nobushi and others... Still not sure why this got changed so much.

Anyway, fast forward to now, I log in and ATTEMPT to get a few matches in every so many days, maybe complete ONE match before I log out in disgust. This is also why these community events arent going to happen, I cannot be the only one who is waiting for them to fix this dumpster fire and hopefully get my moneys worth out of this game. I still hold out hope, but holy crap how long should we have to wait. I cannot get a refund at this point, so my only hope is that Ubi gets their crap together and actually fixes this thing.

Captain-Courage
03-07-2017, 03:03 AM
I Anyway, fast forward to now, I log in and ATTEMPT to get a few matches in every so many days, maybe complete ONE match before I log out in disgust..

True indéed, since at least 1/3 of played time is .... waiting for for matchamaking to do his work, and for parties to launch ...