PDA

View Full Version : sound....no sound

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 08:37 PM
My sound was working and now it doesnt. I have Soundblaster Live for my system. I have no clue what the deal is. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 08:37 PM
My sound was working and now it doesnt. I have Soundblaster Live for my system. I have no clue what the deal is. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 10:00 PM
Hi,just had the same problem with my sb live,try re installing the software,didnt work for me.Run the diagnostic applet in the sb folder and see what it says.mine gave a faulty direct 3d and something else.After much messing around dumped the whole sb live and went back to onboard sound,still no sound.Had to re install win 98 and now everything is fine,will put the sb back in soon.Might have been possible to put back direct x but didnt work for me.Two points,check you have not just got an unplugged cable or fuse blown in your sound supply first,second if you have to re install the os [if your on win 98 se] there is a way to do it which leaves most if not all your other progs untouched.Let me know how you get on.

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 11:01 PM
For whatever reason SB Live is a pain when it comes to FB. After months of messing around i just got read of it. Get Audilgy, they cheap nowdays.

V!

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2003, 07:41 AM
Thank you soooo much for the help, I really appreciate it. My sound works on all of my other programs just not FB. So I reinstalled it and the sound works. So Im just going to stick with this until my next payday. Once again thank you.

super16