PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy, or did they change the Netcode?

Altair_Snake
03-06-2017, 05:25 AM
Firstly, this might be just a placebo. But my impressions grew strong enough to make me post this, to ask if you are having the same impressions.

Before... like... in Open Beta and perhaps in early full game... the latency seemed to first be compensated, then, when the compensation was starting to get too high, result in frame rate drops. So, first: compensation, than actual lag. The compensation happens mostly in a way that keeps it contained in block stuns or hit stuns, so it has very little impact on gameplay, on small amounts. The lag (frame rate drops) is much worse, though. So, "before" the compensation was used until it started to get a bit too much - the corrections started to become too abrupt and too delayed. Pretty much only then, the actual lag would kick in. That is how I understood it, at least.

Now, though, it seems that even the small amounts of latency are being dealt with by actual lag. I have games where I can't even notice the compensations, but the frame rate is a slideshow. If I am correct, then I hate the change. The compensation works really well. Lag should be indeed a last resort. Unfortunately, pretty much all 4v4 matches are slideshows, now.

Are you guys having the same impression?

On a slightly separated topic, do you know if the connection indication bars are based only on ping, or also on speed? I'm having the impression they just tell you the ping, because I'm having some matches with all green bars, but with awful connectivity. I already checked my own internet. I'm guessing this means I'm being paired with people nearby, but with dreadful connection speed.

Alchemist-21-
03-06-2017, 06:27 AM
The game has seemed laggier to me lately, though there are several variables involved in my case (I'm home from college this week on a worse connection plus a lot more people are playing at the same time for the event).

I've been noticing the game has always tended to get laggy on the Citadel gate map, usually when I'm near a ton of minions but it's also happened on that upper section in the middle and around the fire brazier under the blue dome. Rain graphics also seem to be lagging my game on any map when it happens.

feuerundblut
03-06-2017, 06:33 AM
I agree, the citadel is the one making me lagging the most too. This map should be reworked somehow if many of us get the same output.

As for the main subject, I haven't noticed lag being more significant lately. It has always been a lag fest on my end, even during closed and open beta.

Altair_Snake
03-06-2017, 10:27 PM
Thanks for answering. Did you happen to notice less compensation on blocks/hits? You know... when you think you hit the guy, but then a correction happens and he blocks? Did you notice this happening less, in comparison to the amount of lag you felt?

I saw another thread that suspects the patch for introducing lag. Here it is:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1594259-Before-Patch-60-FPS-(No-Drop)-After-Patch-30-FPS-(With-Drop)-WHY-!-Ubisoft!

Alchemist-21-
03-07-2017, 03:40 AM
I've been noticing the opposite actually; it looks like they block my attack but then shows the attack going through. This is also seemed to be happening more often but pretty independent of when I'm seeing lag.

Altair_Snake
03-07-2017, 06:54 AM
Thanks.

What platform are you in? I'm on PS4, btw.