PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie Bot Lvl.3

Hammelsneid
03-05-2017, 09:22 PM
Hi, everyone. Just came out of the training mode, tried again agains the Bot 3 Valkyrie and I must say as a Rep. 8 almost Rep. 9 Berserker I still cannot understand, why she got buffed by last patch anyway. I'm playing with a controller and mybe thats the reason to blame, because it seems kind of absolutely impossible to block her light attacks in a human reaction wise way.. most blocks I get through feel very lucky and after being pinched a dozend times it's pretty hard to punish her after a suprisingly working block..

Is it me, because I got "only" human reactions, is it the controller's deadzone (wich is still a huge issue in my opinion), is it the berserker, wich is not really good in fighting her or maybe all three?

Please, I don't want to hear, that I suck, i know I am not the best player out there, but I think I am above average and blocking that valkyrie spam seems very ridiculous in my eyes. Thanks for some opinions.

Ca3nG0neWILD
03-05-2017, 09:49 PM
You should look at attack speed frames valk first light is 15f but second is faster.
compare it to PK AOE attack 9f thats my friend much harder to block.

Hammelsneid
03-06-2017, 12:27 AM
You should look at attack speed frames valk first light is 15f but second is faster.
compare it to PK AOE attack 9f thats my friend much harder to block.

Thing is, that the attack range from PK is much lower, wich allows me at least to hit her with my light attacks between hers or after block. The distance to the Valk makes it for a berserk imho harder to connect after a block or between attacks.. hm.

Dwlr
03-06-2017, 03:23 AM
Please, I don't want to hear, that I suck, i know I am not the best player out there, but I think I am above average and blocking that valkyrie spam seems very ridiculous in my eyes. Thanks for some opinions.

So you only want opinions that validate what you think is the problem? A skilled enough player can beat any character regardless of matchups or what character they use so it always comes back to skill and yet you don't want to hear that skill is a factor as to why you can't do something, seems legit. You're not going to get any help if you're refusing to accept that you need it as it's a skill issue even if it's not an ideal match-up you should be able to win.

SethUnleashed
03-06-2017, 09:25 AM
Thing is, that the attack range from PK is much lower, wich allows me at least to hit her with my light attacks between hers or after block. The distance to the Valk makes it for a berserk imho harder to connect after a block or between attacks.. hm.

if the valks distance is a problem for you, you need to rethink your positioning (she can be guardbroken after a parry unlike a nobushi, shugoki or kensei).

her light attacks are also still slower than a PKs.

she needed the buff, because nothing in her toolkit was reliably useable as you can dodge basically anything she throws at you AND her recovery times were (and still are) pretty long (esp. after missing anything)

as a valk player myself, if i can get 3 light hits in a row, my enemy is probably not a good player at all and i can also just sweep-combo them to death to bring out the salt and hatemail xD
hitting 2 light attacks against a good player is not happening very often in my experience. even though hardly any player can parry her light, blocking them shuts her offensive down just as much.

Chaos_Model
03-06-2017, 05:17 PM
To the OP, trust me you will NOT get sympathy coming here stating that you cannot block a light attack from the Valk, what you WILL get is what you recieved thus far. R5 Valk since launch played Warden in beta (currently refusing to bother with the game till something is done about the discrepancies of this class (sluggish and slow control, insane response times, and blocks that you take damage from reguardless) and I can tell you for a fact, any bot at lvl3 is going to wreck you, it's the highest setting, unless your reflexes or skill level is comparable to scripted code you WILL have a difficult time.

Vagor_D
03-06-2017, 05:30 PM
To the OP, trust me you will NOT get sympathy coming here stating that you cannot block a light attack from the Valk, what you WILL get is what you recieved thus far. R5 Valk since launch played Warden in beta (currently refusing to bother with the game till something is done about the discrepancies of this class (sluggish and slow control, insane response times, and blocks that you take damage from reguardless) and I can tell you for a fact, any bot at lvl3 is going to wreck you, it's the highest setting, unless your reflexes or skill level is comparable to scripted code you WILL have a difficult time.

I totally agree with you on the sluggishness and unreliable response times. However, you will almost always take at least a little bit of damage when blocking (the higher their block damage stat the more damage you take from blocked attacks, you can mitigate this by raising your block damage resistance stat.)

SethUnleashed
03-06-2017, 08:24 PM
I totally agree with you on the sluggishness and unreliable response times. However, you will almost always take at least a little bit of damage when blocking (the higher their block damage stat the more damage you take from blocked attacks, you can mitigate this by raising your block damage resistance stat.)

i still feel like the block damage is broken (aka bugged) in general.

the only time you actually feel the block damage is when playing a class that has a trait to ACTUALLY give a decent amount of it.

even on the berserker with a full damage build and block-damage you can hardly (if at all) see it happen

Chaos_Model
03-06-2017, 09:12 PM
As to taking some damage on attacks that are blocked, yes; my apologies, I failed to acknowledge that fact. There are some classes who have a heavy attack that simply cannot be mitigated (Kensi, Warlord and Raider are the ones I know of for fact). As to taking damage from regular blocked attacks, and by damage I mean at least one bar....it should really be looked into, but...wait, it was /eyeroll.

AKDagriZ
03-07-2017, 10:13 PM

I agree . bot level 3 use all potential skills.Deflect , faint to GB , and counter GB 70% of time