PDA

View Full Version : "Balanced" Matchmaking

King_Of_Sorrow_
03-05-2017, 09:52 AM
Gotta love the matchmaking system
http://i.imgur.com/yH1hXrL.jpg

Dr.HorribIe_PhD
03-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Inb4 somebody comes and says: " Oh, they sure are unskilled, prestige does not mean that they are good players, just that they trained that character for many many many hours more than you and the sliiiight difference in gearscore means nothing, as you can easily counter that by skill. Matchmaking is fine. Ubisoft is fine!"

I am out

FailOfHDDVD
03-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Inb4 somebody comes and says: " Oh, they sure are unskilled, prestige does not mean that they are good players, just that they trained that character for many many many hours more than you and the sliiiight difference in gearscore means nothing, as you can easily counter that by skill. Matchmaking is fine. Ubisoft is fine!"

I am out

NO

When you are at rep3 or above, you can pay steel to get top gears in purple stats while non-rep players are at a disadvantage.

We need to match players with similar gears to call it "fair"

King_Of_Sorrow_
03-05-2017, 10:07 AM
NO

When you are at rep3 or above, you can pay steel to get top gears in purple stats while non-rep players are at a disadvantage.

We need to match players with similar gears to call it "fair"

He was being sarcastic...

DT1_Hussar
03-05-2017, 10:16 AM

HOLY S... JERUSALEM!!! Deus definitely not Vult this!

Doctor_v_ZAD
03-05-2017, 10:21 AM

90% all my fight same...
Ubisoft stupid ((

FailOfHDDVD
03-05-2017, 10:24 AM
He was being sarcastic...

There's no sarcasm in text. You need to combine facial and tone expression to convey sarcasm.

HectorWasTaken
03-05-2017, 11:27 AM
I feel like people only complain about matchmaking without thinking of how you would want to matchhmake a game where you pick your character after getting matched into the lobby, sure you could say "just match people with the same overall renown of their profile with people with the same renown", well that would be a way, but what if you just play a different character that you wanna learn that has GS 0 but you have a different character with lets say renown 9, you would still get matched with someone who maybe only plays one character and has all 9 renown on that character. How do you want Ubisoft to ensure, just cuz youre trying a new character that they dont match you with someone who only plays one character, are you still gonna complain "GG matchmaking wanted to play a new character and they match me up against renown 9 Lawbringer, Ubisoft sucks so much"? Matchmaking a game like this isnt as easy as you all would want to be and i gotta say i had it with those crybabies in lobbies with their "GG Matchmaking", lets be real i **** on people with my renown 1 valk when they were renown 7 with their character, this game isnt about that fancy number thats above your character its only about how you play and how good you are period. And still the best way to improve is to play against a real challenge, thats why you dont get to be really pro playing against bots. And if you're saying "Gear carries" youre only looking for an excuse for why you suck *** in this game. Sorry for profanity but someone had to say it.

Regards

Dr.HorribIe_PhD
03-05-2017, 11:30 AM
Thats why the use of 3x many and a stretched sliiiiight in order to simulate a certain tone. Imagine me frowning all the time ;)

Dr.HorribIe_PhD
03-05-2017, 11:33 AM
It is Ubisoft's job to implement a proper matchmaking, not the community's.

If they fail, players will abandon their product. R6 still has mediocre matchmaking 1 year after release, yet it is still the best ubi game out there. I will skip the next Ubi games, as all their MP parts have been a big dissapointment so far.

They create games that show promise ... and then that's that. I am glad though they fixed a lot of the R6 problems over the last year. Still, for a product that has been out for about 15 months, they could have done more.

SnueGliffer
03-05-2017, 07:20 PM
I just wish there was a choice to play 4v4 without gear stats. A friend of mine purchased the game recently and the first game he played with me we went up against two level 108's and two level 84's, needless to say he didn't enjoy his first game. I don't get why they put stats in a fighting game, once you get to higher levels it just becomes a revenge battle, who can get it first and who can 2/3 shot the enemy. I actually like the chaos of dominion but once revenge gear comes into it it just removes the fun knowing you cannot assist a teammate or you're going to let the enemy build revenge instantly and then 2 shot him.

People who say gear stats don't make much of a difference are talking rubbish, you cannot deny that revenge builds change the way fights pan out enormously. We should get a seperate playlist to play without gear stats.

slandarien
03-05-2017, 10:39 PM
I have been in too many matches like this, and heard that the gear score doesnt matter. Its skill that matter. It is true to a point. I just got myself to a purple gear score focusing on attack, revenge gain and revenge attack. In revenge mode, wich I reach fast, I basicly one shot people with white gear score. So I can do a ton of mistakes and they can do one. Then they die.
There should be a top diffrence in gear score for matching or atleast an option in the search to have it. Say maybe +-30 or 50 points.
In matches like the one posted by OP I just press alt + F4 in the loading screen.

mammakamelen
03-05-2017, 11:13 PM
Balancing the game leads to fewer active players per rank, they cant do this because they are bleeding players. Remember to buy DLCs!

Bert_bruh
03-05-2017, 11:39 PM
I've never been in a match that outclassed so I don't know how much I would rage in the exact situation. However, I have been against people significantly better than me and in the moment I blame their class but I realize it's just a chance to get better. If we're all capable of getting that rank gear without paying money for it then ultimately we'll all be there right? So if you learn to hang without needing that gear then you should be even better once you finally do get it.

The only problem I really see with the matchmaking is equalizing the gear rank scores for each team. Make both teams as close to equal as possible. If there are 2 108's then split them onto separate teams or something of the sort. Honestly though I see the scores and already realize I'm in for an uphill battle or foolishly choose to relax a little and sometimes get stomped for it. Ultimately gear does not decide the match. Team composition, skill , prioritization AND gear do.

Traktorash
03-06-2017, 12:19 AM
I've never been in a match that outclassed so I don't know how much I would rage in the exact situation. However, I have been against people significantly better than me and in the moment I blame their class but I realize it's just a chance to get better. If we're all capable of getting that rank gear without paying money for it then ultimately we'll all be there right? So if you learn to hang without needing that gear then you should be even better once you finally do get it.

Would be nice if there was some kind of "mentoring" system between characters of the same factions, either to copy gear from your high rep char to a low rep one or at least have ALL characters earn gear according to your highest rep Warrior of that faction, or maybe have account rep level influence gear drops since as far as i know right now, account rep level does less than nothing? (just screws with matchmaking)

Reign
03-06-2017, 12:25 AM
Hey at least you had real players! I was dropped in a match with 3 bots against a full team. Good times, but I held them off long enough until the MM got some players on my team and pulled off a win.

JonYurBz
03-06-2017, 12:38 AM
This has been my expirence lately also. Hop on with my buddies and not surprised if more than half our matches look like that screen you provided. Doesn't really make those matches fun for us. Right off the bat we give the old good game because it isn't going to be a good game. Ubisoft will have to work something out because it kills the modes that gear stats matter if your matched up against god tier most of the time.

rcwd
03-06-2017, 12:50 AM
There's no sarcasm in text. You need to combine facial and tone expression to convey sarcasm.

He said "Inb4 someone comes and says" then put quotation marks. I think you need to learn how to read.