PDA

View Full Version : There needs to be a stamina cost for dodging.

D0MFTW
03-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Ever played against a Berserker that spams dodge? It's really fun right? Even more in you play a slow character, they can do doughnuts around you. I think dodge should cost some stamina.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-04-2017, 09:46 PM
Ever played against a Berserker that spams dodge? It's really fun right? Even more in you play a slow character, they can do doughnuts around you. I think dodge should cost some stamina.

****my last post got deleted when I tried to edit it**** (i think it got deleted I don't see it)

If you have a friend tell him to play lb and you can play any class you want.
Now attack him till you run out of stamina and when you have no stamina tell him to spam the poke belly skill also you are not allowed to dodge for obvious reasons. When you give up and decide to come back tell me how many times he thru you on your *** before you gave up trying to escape.

rocketdrive
03-04-2017, 10:32 PM
long arm is EZ dodgeable bro. I can dodge it with a ****ing raider. It's a well kown fact lawbringer is the SLOWEST character in the game, with the only reason shugoki not being counted is his "ignore all CC" stance. Even his toplight is dodgeable by everything faster than warden.

untchable704
03-04-2017, 10:40 PM
If you mean dashing I made a post about this and people didn't seem to like it. They hide behind the need for it as a defensive tool so they can keep it and spam it constantly in offense with their no skill needed PK.

I agree with you and hope they can figure something out. Someone posted an interview with Ubisoft that said they were looking into it but spoke mainly about the defensive side.

Best I can tell you is try to dash attack them back but if you have a character with slow blocking transitions good luck. Maybe just change to PK, orochi or berserker and join the club. If it isn't changed within about a month I think that's all you will see in 4v4 anyway.

KingClinhyde
03-04-2017, 10:45 PM
I agree dashing should cost at least a little bit of stamina. And like sprinting it shouldnt be possible to use when exhausted. So you need to reserve some stamina for your dodge escape.

CptFlashman
03-04-2017, 11:03 PM
The berserker dodge attack is really easy to predict and block. I play berserker a lot and will admit I use the dodge spam attack frequently especially against inexperience players. However, as soon as I realize I'm up against someone who knows how to block it I stop doing it immediately because I know I'll get wrecked if I keep it up.

That being said, I can agree that dodges probably should use stamina... but then so should blocks.

Steelsoldier555
03-04-2017, 11:08 PM
YES! Someone who finally sees the bs that is dodge attack spam! I and a lot of my friends and various players we met are all very VERY tired of characters like PK, Berserker, and Orochi spamming their dodging side attacks with no consequence to it. It's very broken and makes these characters very low on the bar for needed skill. No one likes a spin to win player, the director was interviewed though and shed some light on it and HOPEFULLY they'll do something about it. But knowing how these gaming com. work we probably won't see a fix any time soon. So Guard you ankles and kidneys guys because until the these assassin characters are gonna stab the hell out of them

PackingMoney
03-04-2017, 11:19 PM
No one likes a spin to win player

What about Warden and his vortex that has no punish, or Warlord's headbutt, Conq's shield bash, Shugoki's 1 hit that is free if he GBs you and throws you into a wall?

I honestly don't get why it is the assassins that get all the hate when none of them are even in the top tier, which goes to show they are not as good as people make them out to be.

cragar212
03-04-2017, 11:46 PM
Blocking and parry would also get a stam cost so careful what you wish for

MOSS-Burningup
03-05-2017, 12:12 AM
The problem is it's a spammable no risk, high reward maneuver...any special maneuver like that should cost something. When you fight a guy and that's all he does, over and over again you know there's a problem.

Yes this includes the Warlords lame headbutt and a few other GB's on certain classes...we all know who they are.

Why should certain classes have to worry about stamina so much but others don't? Stamnina usage is not balanced in this game anyone that says otherwise is a complete fool with no experience with the game.

Why should Nobushi's stance cost so much stamina but the Warlord can spam headbutt over and over again? It's bs

ipm204
03-05-2017, 12:21 AM
YES! Someone who finally sees the bs that is dodge attack spam! I and a lot of my friends and various players we met are all very VERY tired of characters like PK, Berserker, and Orochi spamming their dodging side attacks with no consequence to it. It's very broken and makes these characters very low on the bar for needed skill. No one likes a spin to win player, the director was interviewed though and shed some light on it and HOPEFULLY they'll do something about it. But knowing how these gaming com. work we probably won't see a fix any time soon. So Guard you ankles and kidneys guys because until the these assassin characters are gonna stab the hell out of them

Let me guess, you go for an attack, they dodge left or right and attack while you miss? lol

Try this... Heavy attack with a feint. Once they're in their dodge animation, just guard break them. You'll stop their dodge animation dead in their tracks and get a free shot in.

Mix it up, they won't know if your commuted to the attack or just feinting to guard break them. So either your attack will go through because they thought you were gonna feint, or they dodge and get guard break attacked.

Your welcome.

PokePokeBleed
03-05-2017, 01:41 AM
Let me guess, you go for an attack, they dodge left or right and attack while you miss? lol

Try this... Heavy attack with a feint. Once they're in their dodge animation, just guard break them. You'll stop their dodge animation dead in their tracks and get a free shot in.

Mix it up, they won't know if your commuted to the attack or just feinting to guard break them. So either your attack will go through because they thought you were gonna feint, or they dodge and get guard break attacked.

Your welcome.

I believe he is referring to dash attacks, in the case of feinting you are still going to get it. The only option is parrying.

FroZZenT
03-05-2017, 01:53 AM
first of all berserker only have the dodge as a good DEF for them they dont have a unblockable attack and they are slow with attacks plus you can parry them without the big problem, PK is way harder to kill,

Godsplitter1991
03-05-2017, 03:09 AM
You're really gonna complain about berserkers defense mechanic? It's easy as hell to counter. Just heavy feint and if he's a dumb dodge happy berserker just block, or parry his light. It's easy to parry. This is why, as a berserker, I rarely dodge light in the open like this. I only dodge when someone has committed an attack, or the guy I'm playing has slow reflexes.

and_53_93
03-06-2017, 02:00 AM
to get back to the topic !!!!! the doging stamina thing !!!!!!!!!!!

Fist of all, I do not want to complain about players using the game mechanics in any way !!!!

but the idea is pretty logical because why should a warrior be able to dodge 50 times without loosing stamina but punches you 10 time with a hard punch and be exhausted IT MAKES NO SENCE

i often meet berserks or peacekeepers that spam the hack out off everything ( i play Warlord and Im not saying that Im innocent )

I think we are forced to play like **** in an awesome game

Delectable_Sin
03-06-2017, 02:06 AM
Lol, I always laugh at these posts because the big 4 drain assassins of their stamina and destroy them effortlessly, at the higher levels of gameplay. Assassins are not a top tier class, just a top of the noob pile, type of class.

Here's the problem with having any sort of defensive maneuver use stamina: If defense requires stamina, then the first person to run out of stamina by way of attacking, will automatically lose, because they don't have the option to play defensively for a moment and recover the lost stamina. By attaching stamina costs to defense, you effectively destroy offensive play. You think people play defensively now? People would be way too conservative if defense ends up costing stamina.

Also, WL's, Conqs, Wardens, and on a lesser scale LB's, are capable of draining a character of their stamina in 3 moves flat, then proceeding to destroy them before their stamina comes back. This is why assassins are non existent outside of the noob win rate match making.

to get back to the topic !!!!! the doging stamina thing !!!!!!!!!!!

Fist of all, I do not want to complain about players using the game mechanics in any way !!!!

but the idea is pretty logical because why should a warrior be able to dodge 50 times without loosing stamina but punches you 10 time with a hard punch and be exhausted IT MAKES NO SENCE

i often meet berserks or peacekeepers that spam the hack out off everything ( i play Warlord and Im not saying that Im innocent )

I think we are forced to play like **** in an awesome game

You need to learn how to refrain from attacking, turtle, and use bully tactics (GB's, sharges, etc) to drain the assassin of their stamina. Stop just mindlessly swinging and expecting to win.

Another effective tactic against assassins is to bait the dodge out of them be way a feint, then either GB them or charge them, after you make them miss their reposte. In fact, you can just light attack them after they miss their reposte, as there is a window after they miss their attack, where they can't dodge, attack, parry, or block.

Unfiltered.
03-06-2017, 02:08 AM
This thread is pretty dumb. First off dodges are highly punishable if you guard break or block them if they're an assassin. It's also a free guard break after, or a light attack. Second, if dodges costed stamina it would make Conquerors, Warlords, Shugoki, and any other class that drains stamina broken. Because you know what comes with stamina drain on dodge? No dodge during exhaustion. And what happens during exhaustion when you're guard broken? You hit the ground, and get hit for free. If you have no way to escape besides counter guard breaks and parries then I'm not sure it would be a fun game to play especially if you're new. Or if you're bad at either of those things. Because we both know once that is changed, the next thing people like you will cry about when you're getting wall banged is about making parries easier and counter guard breaks easier.

So ill tell you what I told the last person who posted this same thing. Play Shugoki, play against a friend who is a Conq main. Goto the corner or up against a wall with no stamina and try to escape. Now tell me how much fun you're having.

Simi_Xiamara_
03-06-2017, 02:10 AM
long arm is EZ dodgeable bro. I can dodge it with a ****ing raider. It's a well kown fact lawbringer is the SLOWEST character in the game, with the only reason shugoki not being counted is his "ignore all CC" stance. Even his toplight is dodgeable by everything faster than warden.

I'm going assume your talking to me.

Lawbringer poke belly skill (you called it long arm?) is easy to dodge but if you run out stamina and and lb uses "long arm" how do you dodge it. Let me remind you this entire thread is talking about when you run out of stamina you shouldn't be able to dodge