PDA

View Full Version : Gankers make game less fun

Steelsoldier555
03-04-2017, 07:35 PM
I've been playing For Honor since it has come out and it has its up and downs. I enjoy the game mostly but the number one thing that irritates my friends and I is the amount of players that like to outnumber and teamup on a single individual. Yes the game has its blocking mechanic for enemies outside your character's focus but it doesn't offer ways to be offensive in that situation, you're stuck playing defensively when you need to go on the attack if you hope to get out alive. Also, the amount of player groups that gang up on players is too high. They make the game less fun and make lots of gamers rage and not want to continue playing, they also make it extremely difficult to complete some of the specific contracts the game puts up. Ubisoft needs to add in more ways to punish gankers other than the opponents revenge mode charging faster because most of the time it's not enough.

Lionardudu
03-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Its not ganking its just the game .... only in duel you can hope a 1v1 if you want stick with that.

But in a 4v4 setting and even a 2v2 ... you just not have reason to expect that player look at you while they losing point cause you are in on.

and even in elimination ... its more sense the start of skirmish its a 4v4 not 4 1v1... or ubi dont put bonus and way to help your teamate..:cool::cool::cool::cool:

fuoco666
03-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Learn how to gank yourself. If you don't like to be ganked, just play duel. :rolleyes:

Nahkavempele
03-04-2017, 08:56 PM
I've been playing For Honor since it has come out and it has its up and downs. I enjoy the game mostly but the number one thing that irritates my friends and I is the amount of players that like to outnumber and teamup on a single individual. Yes the game has its blocking mechanic for enemies outside your character's focus but it doesn't offer ways to be offensive in that situation, you're stuck playing defensively when you need to go on the attack if you hope to get out alive. Also, the amount of player groups that gang up on players is too high. They make the game less fun and make lots of gamers rage and not want to continue playing, they also make it extremely difficult to complete some of the specific contracts the game puts up. Ubisoft needs to add in more ways to punish gankers other than the opponents revenge mode charging faster because most of the time it's not enough.

1v1 is an duel where you whoop out your epeens and compare them. The amount of qq in this game is just.... ive never had so much pm in my inbox..

Gensui.Musashi
03-04-2017, 09:08 PM
i love to gank ppl and then throw the enemy off a cliff

Blackball8
03-04-2017, 09:35 PM
LOL you have the assassins crying in other threads about getting owned by revenge mode, and here we have the naive/honor guys getting slaughtered by multiple players.

Black_Star300
03-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Leave your honor at home. This is a game. I tried to be one of the ppl that didn't gank k ly to happen to me time and time again. Can't beat em join em and stop whining. It's a game. Killing is the only way for a win.

PKUSUB
03-04-2017, 09:52 PM

Or simply get better at positioning so u can deal with fighting multiple enemies?

Steelsoldier555
03-04-2017, 10:13 PM
I would prefer if gankers would NOT post on here. Yes I understand that's part of the game mode, but every player wants a fair fight. Now you tell me how it's a fair fight when you're out into a 1v4 situation and you get murdered in 2 seconds? Your revenge isn't going to do anything for you, they have your back to the wall and you have no where to go. There is nothing in game that's going to help you in these situations other than to sit there and wait for the inevitable. Then it's just a rinse and repeat process for the enemy, ultimately leaving you losing just about every game.

What I'm saying is that they need to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING, to help even the odds because frankly Revenge Mode doesn't do jack crap against 4 opponents

untchable704
03-04-2017, 10:17 PM
It does suck to constantly get jumped especially when playing with randoms but revenge builds really help. If you are playing with 3 friends and getting jumped then y'all must not be very good. Not trying to talk crap at you but if you guys constantly die you're going to get ganged up on.

Xaviloga
03-04-2017, 11:01 PM
This is a game. You can play 1vs1. The game allows to do it . Thats a win strategy ... I agree with all this arguments, but is also true that sometimes its a great display of pathetic cowardice. But i asssume there are people that feels better to run away from a duel and wait for help than face a certain death due their lack of skill. Who cares? We all love Bennny Hill show and the endless pursuit, very funny, yep.

fuoco666
03-04-2017, 11:09 PM
This is a game. You can play 1vs1. The game allows to do it . Thats a win strategy ... I agree with all this arguments, but is also true that sometimes its a great display of pathetic cowardice. But i asssume there are people that feels better to run away from a duel and wait for help than face a certain death due their lack of skill. Who cares? We all love Bennny Hill show and the endless pursuit, very funny, yep.

just don't go alone loll

Gray360UK
03-05-2017, 02:21 AM
They can't have intended people to gank can they, I mean they would have put in a 'Group Up!' emote if they had wanted you to do that, right?
... oh wait.
:D

BeatenMonkey514
03-05-2017, 02:34 AM
Simple fix would be to make damage taken from secondary attackers deals significantly less damage. Therefore ganking a guy from behind while he's engaged with someone else doesn't do much other than provide the defending character with revenge mode. It would deter people from running around back stabbing and running away. My thoughts on the issue anyway. This would also allow you to hang up when necessary but not provide a crazy advantage.

The_B0G_
03-05-2017, 03:06 AM
Once you get max gear and get in 2v1s and 3v1s I find it makes the game MORE fun, I have a Rep 6 LB and not maxed, but close to maxed gear on both setups and I win most of my 2v1s and half my 3v1s.

Theres no better feeling than coming out on top after getting 3v1'd (Obviously I use revenge/attack build when I win 2v1 and 3v1s)

Sorry!
Good fight!

Blackball8
03-05-2017, 03:43 AM
I would prefer if gankers would NOT post on here. Yes I understand that's part of the game mode, but every player wants a fair fight. Now you tell me how it's a fair fight when you're out into a 1v4 situation and you get murdered in 2 seconds? Your revenge isn't going to do anything for you, they have your back to the wall and you have no where to go. There is nothing in game that's going to help you in these situations other than to sit there and wait for the inevitable. Then it's just a rinse and repeat process for the enemy, ultimately leaving you losing just about every game.

What I'm saying is that they need to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING, to help even the odds because frankly Revenge Mode doesn't do jack crap against 4 opponents

If you have never won a 1v4 or killed multiple players when in a 1v4 you are doing something wrong. Revenge mode levels the playing field

The_B0G_
03-05-2017, 04:13 AM
If you have never won a 1v4 or killed multiple players when in a 1v4 you are doing something wrong. Revenge mode levels the playing field

Exactly, thats what revenge mode is for, I take out 2v1s all the time, I only run when its 4v1 and its in no respawn mode.

MOSS-Burningup
03-05-2017, 04:16 AM
Well all the nooob whiners that want to pwn every one at level 1 the second they install the game want revenge nerfed.

....so GL ganking will become even more prevalent. Revenge is the only thing that keeps that in check. This is Evolve all over again devs listening to noobs that don't know **** about the game.

The_B0G_
03-05-2017, 04:20 AM
Well all the nooob whiners that want to pwn every one at level 1 the second they install the game want revenge nerfed.

....so GL ganking will become even more prevalent. Revenge is the only thing that keeps that in check. This is Evolve all over again devs listening to noobs that don't know **** about the game.

The community managers read it all, they know which is ragers and what posts are constructive well thought out suggestions. All well thought out, reasonable posts are weighed against technical feedback from the online servers.

SerArthur-Dayne
03-05-2017, 04:21 AM
This forum man...

Gankers are the worst this game sucks!!!!11!!

Revenge mode is the worst, its too hard to gank!!

https://youtu.be/ilcRS5eUpwk

ipm204
03-05-2017, 04:59 AM
Players complain about gankers lol I agree, but it's funny that once a player builds their revenge, the complaining completely switches sides and it's the gankers complaining about revenge because they can no longer get cheap wins & kills anymore. Haha. Gankers have zero skill.

Most_Blunted
03-05-2017, 08:15 AM
but every player wants a fair fight.

I donīt, if I play 4v4 deathmatch (itīs my preffered mode) I donīt care if you gank me 4v1. Iīm in this position because 3 of my mates failed before. Use that advantage and kill me or **** it up and give me revenge and I may kill you guys.

There is nothing I hate more then fighting against 4 "honor" people when they just come 1v1. So I kill one, they revive, I kill the next one, they revive...

Iīll gank, I throw you off ledges, I do anything to win without cheating/glitching. Feel free to do the same.

And I donīt care for your "no honor" chat...also you can have "fair" fights ALL DAY long in 1v1. So just play 1v1, problem solved.

Brave_Thunder
03-05-2017, 10:52 AM
That's exactly why I stick to modes with gear off.My prestige 2 kensei and nobushi still have the standard gear,because I prefer to upgrade my skill rather than farming.The major problem with all those that say to play duel for honorable duels:the maps are awfull.Not alla of them,but many times you have no space to move and ledges are everywhere.Luckily,brawls have better spaces,and the cowards gankers are often trolled by his own teammate if they dare to 2v1.I fear that all this will disappear with rankeds tho..

SiewcaRaka
03-05-2017, 01:35 PM
If you lack skill to handle 2v1 then it is your fault. Enemy team ganking can win you game. For example...

Last match in dominion, both teams on brink of breaking. I run to one of the zones to take it. 3 Enemies got there as well, my nobushi got no prestige and no gear. All i had to do was hold out, though my team breaking, until we got rest points, and broke their morale. My team killed their fourth player and came to help me. Mean time i managed to kill one of my attackers. I fall down finally, but not until my team came. They obliterated remaining enemies and revived me. We won. Why? Cause they were unable to kill me fast 3v1. Cause I was able to position myself to block from only 2 directions.Cause they couldn't throw me anywhere. CAUSE I THINK. Stop whining, start winning

PendragonArtura
03-05-2017, 03:49 PM
Gankers are not a problem when you have a catapult, ready to one shoot up to four enemies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciL5NxVDRZ0&list=PLKi6xN4oyUsff1p1AjnIPBHvzANGkjCX3&index=10

JonYurBz
03-05-2017, 04:07 PM
I'd say a bigger problem than the gank is the fact that match making in this game is unfair for lack of a better word. Can't tell you how many times my buddies and I have had to face rep 2-4 gear score 70-108 while we are no where near that level. Makes the games quick but usually not fun unless the wallet warriors with those lvls are bad at game. Not usually tho. Fix match making.

Thel..
03-05-2017, 05:46 PM

You can Q for 1v1 modes. There, I just saved your entire For Honor life!

Jersmall
03-05-2017, 05:50 PM
play as a team and support the team quit going solo all the time.

that and farm exp to get high level items that gives you all the best revenge boosts then farm the newbies with revenge to not die like everyone else. :rolleyes:

Steelsoldier555
03-05-2017, 10:30 PM
Yes people I go back and read, and a lot of you (not all) keep saying "That's what Revenge is for". I made another post about how Revenge isn't always useful, especially at lower levels and facing players who've learned how to cheese it and combat it. Yes that's what Revenge was designed to do, get you out of a pinch IF YOU CAN SURVIVE LONG ENOUGH. Which is not usually the case when being ganked, unless they're trash and don't know to guard break you constantly and just keep swinging at you. Gankers want to make very quick work of their prey and the experienced learn to keep you out of Revenge. Getting spammed by a shield bashed and guard breaker at the same time (for example) will render Revenge useless. Hell even the director says Revenge isn't the solution , it's a CHANCE! Back to lower levels, you don't start getting good Revenge gear until REP 3 and start getting heroic gear where the benefits are SO much better than REP 0-2 gear. So until rep 3 your hero is pretty garbage.

Bert_bruh
03-05-2017, 11:51 PM
I play an aggressive conq and ultimately it always leads to at least 3v1. Sometimes I win (thanks to revenge), sometimes I lose. If I didn't play heavy I'm sure I would lose every time. For me it's not ganking that bothers me, it's getting into a game and 6/8 players are assassins. If you want to survive longer try a heavy class, if you want to gang up and get the last stab play assassins.

Reign
03-06-2017, 12:37 AM
I play an aggressive conq and ultimately it always leads to at least 3v1. Sometimes I win (thanks to revenge), sometimes I lose. If I didn't play heavy I'm sure I would lose every time. For me it's not ganking that bothers me, it's getting into a game and 6/8 players are assassins. If you want to survive longer try a heavy class, if you want to gang up and get the last stab play assassins.

I play the same way and am Conqueror as well, and honestly I kinda like it when I get ganged up on. Kinky I know. But they're just feeding my revenge and while I might die in the end I am taking a few of those fu**ers with me when I go.

Special4ces Dom
03-06-2017, 09:37 AM
I don't get mad at up front and obvious gankers..
I get pissed at these trolls who act like they are gonna let you 1v1 and then jump in like jrk-offs at the last second.

FailOfHDDVD
03-06-2017, 10:44 AM
you know you have 3 other teammates with you right?