PDA

View Full Version : Nobushi Hidden Stance on controllers fix(currently broken) suggestion

i4mat
03-04-2017, 05:13 PM
Dear Ubisoft, as you may know, going into Hidden Stance using a keyboard allows you to pick any direction to attack from when coming out, as described in all the Hidden Stance videos, but you can't do that on a controller, here's what happens:
Holding down on the right analog stick sends you into Hidden Stance, while switching guard directions is also the right analog's job, so when you pick left/right/top guard - it brings you out of Hidden Stance, meaning you can only attack from Hidden Stance in the same direction you went into Hidden Stance with, while keyboard users gets to enjoy the full functionality of Hidden Stance, as they can use a separate button to enter it and then choose an attack direction freely.

Here is how to fix it for controllers:
Give R3(pushing the right joystick in on PS4 controllers) the ability to force you to remain in hidden stance while you pick a direction.

This is the best solution in my opinion for multiple reasons:
R3 is not bound to anything [edit] anything important* nobody uses reset camera and if they really want to - bind it to the touchpad, but I've never felt the need to use it
R3 is part of the same joystick that sends you into Hidden Stance
For example, I go into Hidden Stance (pull down right analog), immediately I'm able to lock Hidden Stance state(click R3), pick a direction(say, left) and attack.
It's as easy as right analog down > in > left > attack. If I decide to exit Hidden Stance without attacking, simply click R3 again to unlock the Hidden Stance state.

And voila, everyone's happy! ;D I will personally buy enough steel to pay the salary of whoever programs that simple functionality into the game. Love Nobushi, just want to enjoy her full functionality on my console.

Could you guys please pass this along to the devs? It makes us console users so sad and this is the perfect fix, it's like R3 was meant for that all along, but someone forgot to do it.

[edit] better options?

Adding an option to bind the "right analog stick in"(R3) to Hidden Stance would be even better, allowing players to pick an attack direction faster than having to move the stick down, then left/top/right.
+ an extra option to make it enter locked Hidden Stance until pressed again or only enter Hidden Stance as long as the stick is pushed in.
So, something like this:

Options >
Controls >
Bind Keys >
(Nobushi specific) R3 to enter Hidden Stance [x]
(extra option if previous option is enabled) Hold R3 to remain in Hidden Stance [x]

For PS4 users you can allow binding Reset Camera to the touch-pad if "R3 to enter Hidden Stance" is enabled, Xbox1 users don't have a touch-pad, but I'm sure they would appreciate having this choice as well, I know I would prefer this option over Reset Camera Position any day.
The touch-pad has many bindings, such as click, swipe up/down/left/right, we could have any of those bound to camera reset or score screen, but that's all secondary to how important it is to be able to use the full functionality of Hidden Stance.

According to other threads, some people even find how narrow the angle to enter Hidden Stance is somewhat troublesome, all the more reason to give us this option.
Please notice us, dear devs.
<3

ReeceRD
03-04-2017, 05:25 PM
It's supposed to be like that

Alastor_TR
03-04-2017, 06:21 PM
R3 for normally reset camera but it's a useless thing and all heros unique stances must be r3 like you said, nice suggestion!

i4mat
03-04-2017, 08:27 PM
R3 for normally reset camera but it's a useless thing and all heros unique stances must be r3 like you said, nice suggestion!

Oh, I completely forgot that, yeah, reset camera is very useless. They could stick it on the touchpad if someone really wants it, but I've never felt the need to reset my camera.

i4mat
03-05-2017, 11:43 PM
Adding an option to bind the "right analog stick in"(R3) to Hidden Stance would be even better, allowing players to pick an attack direction faster than having to move the stick down, then left/top/right.
+ an extra option to make it enter locked Hidden Stance until pressed again or only enter Hidden Stance as long as the stick is pushed in.
So, something like this:

Options >
Controls >
Bind Keys >
(extra option if previous option is enabled) Hold R3 to remain in Hidden Stance [x]

For PS4 users you can allow binding Reset Camera to the touch-pad if "R3 to enter Hidden Stance" is enabled, Xbox1 users don't have a touch-pad, but I'm sure they would appreciate having this choice as well, I know I would prefer this option over Reset Camera Position any day.

According to other threads, some people even find how narrow the angle to enter Hidden Stance is somewhat troublesome, all the more reason to give us this option.
<3

Sc4rhunter013
03-06-2017, 05:07 PM
A really good idea as it is currently close to unusable with the controller.
the camera is locked to the target anyway if you hold down L2 which fress the R3 button even more. the question is should the stance be entered by holding and you go out of it by release the button or the click-click method?
I really hope Ubi sees this and that they can implement it

Tatsumaru.
03-08-2017, 05:09 PM
[edit] better options?

So, something like this:

Options >
Controls >
Bind Keys >
<3

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!! I'm currently experiencing the same issue. ALSO, this applies to Full Guard(same problem because it is the same activation). Furthermore, there is NO in-game option for controller users to remap their buttons but Kb/M users can???? The ONLY way to remap the controller is to use 3rd party software.....>.> #fail

NOTE;

Using Steam in "Big Picture Mode" you are able to remap "full guard"(which is Hidden Stance too) to the R3 button. However, if you are holding a guard direction, you CAN'T enter Hidden Stance(or Full Guard). You have to be in a neutral guard to enter Hidden Stance.

Tatsumaru.
03-08-2017, 11:10 PM
Dear Ubisoft, as you may know, going into Hidden Stance using a keyboard allows you to pick any direction to attack from when coming out, as described in all the Hidden Stance videos, but you can't do that on a controller, here's what happens:
Holding down on the right analog stick sends you into Hidden Stance, while switching guard directions is also the right analog's job, so when you pick left/right/top guard - it brings you out of Hidden Stance, meaning you can only attack from Hidden Stance in the same direction you went into Hidden Stance with, while keyboard users gets to enjoy the full functionality of Hidden Stance, as they can use a separate button to enter it and then choose an attack direction freely.

Here is how to fix it for controllers:
Give R3(pushing the right joystick in on PS4 controllers) the ability to force you to remain in hidden stance while you pick a direction.

This is the best solution in my opinion for multiple reasons:
R3 is not bound to anything [edit] anything important* nobody uses reset camera and if they really want to - bind it to the touchpad, but I've never felt the need to use it
R3 is part of the same joystick that sends you into Hidden Stance
For example, I go into Hidden Stance (pull down right analog), immediately I'm able to lock Hidden Stance state(click R3), pick a direction(say, left) and attack.
It's as easy as right analog down > in > left > attack. If I decide to exit Hidden Stance without attacking, simply click R3 again to unlock the Hidden Stance state.

And voila, everyone's happy! ;D I will personally buy enough steel to pay the salary of whoever programs that simple functionality into the game. Love Nobushi, just want to enjoy her full functionality on my console.

Could you guys please pass this along to the devs? It makes us console users so sad and this is the perfect fix, it's like R3 was meant for that all along, but someone forgot to do it.

[edit] better options?

So, something like this:

Options >
Controls >
Bind Keys >

The touch-pad has many bindings, such as click, swipe up/down/left/right, we could have any of those bound to camera reset or score screen, but that's all secondary to how important it is to be able to use the full functionality of Hidden Stance.

<3

Specifically referencing For Honor.

The 360 controller on PC has been HORRIBLE. Blocking/parrying or changing attack direction is nearly a 80-90% fail rate. Huge deadspace in both sticks. You have to damn near slam the sticks into the edge to get them to register any input. If you circle around the outer edge of the sticks range of motion, it doesn't register you hitting any of the guard stances over 50% of the time, basically hits every other position or so(replicate that with the mouse and it hits ALL of the guard positions as fast as you can change them).

Also, there is an inability to use Full Guard or Hidden Stance.

I have a thread which includes all the Controller issues I've currently discovered with Video confirmation of most of them;
- http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1595178-BUG(s)-360-Controller