PDA

View Full Version : HELP

XyZspineZyX
11-30-2003, 11:48 PM
My GR doesnt start at all, i reinstalled, i have my cd in, but GR just starts then 3 seconds later it closes, in UBI when i auto detects it, it just says undetected, and i cant join a game. The CD doesnt want to load but it isnt dirty or anything. other cd's work on it. What should i do?

XyZspineZyX
11-30-2003, 11:48 PM
My GR doesnt start at all, i reinstalled, i have my cd in, but GR just starts then 3 seconds later it closes, in UBI when i auto detects it, it just says undetected, and i cant join a game. The CD doesnt want to load but it isnt dirty or anything. other cd's work on it. What should i do?

XyZspineZyX
12-01-2003, 09:38 AM
To OsM_BoaRDWaLK,

What CD's of the game do you have and do you have the correct CD in the ROM drive? Have you installed any mods that may have over written the original files? Look in the add/remove program and see if GR is showing and let us know what size the install is showing. When you reinstalled the game did you use the ADD/REMOVE program to uninstall it?

Can you follow the below uninstall and disable your antivirus software on re-installing.

<font color="#00FF00">GR Uninstall</font>

First of go to your add/remove program and uninstall GR/UBI and then follow below and delete the GR/UBI folders

1-start/all programs/accessories/windows explorer/my computer/local disk(c)/program files/red storm entertainment

2-start/all programs/accessories/windows explorer/my computer/local disk(c)/program files/UBI.com

To start from scratch uninstall all of GR and UBI and at your own risk do this but first back it up.

(1) start/run and type this: regedit and press ok

Up the top click file/export and on the pop up window down the bottom where it says (save as type) click the drop down arrow and click on ALL FILES. Then select your location and save.

repeat step (1)

1- hkey_current_user/software look for any red storm entertainment folders and delete along with any UBI soft folders

now do this:

2- hkey_local_machine/software look for red storm entertainment folders and delete along with any UBI soft and UBI soft entertainment folders and delete

now do this:

3- hkey_LocalMachine/ software/ Microsoft/ windows/ current version/ uninstall directory there should be a folder here named "{D89EF3B3-6F17-4665-B7A9-A4235A6DC787}" with some Ghost Recon info in it so delete only the ghost recon related info.

<CENTER>http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~tarkas/Snipe21blue.jpg <CENTER>
<CENTER><font face="Georgia Ref"size="3"color="#8B816E">UBISoft/GR Forum Moderator</font></center><CENTER> <CENTER><A HREF="mailto:snipe21@ssth.com"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#8B816E">Email Me</font></center><CENTER> <CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/TermsOfUse.htm"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">UBI/Terms of Use</font></center><CENTER><CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">Forum Guidelines</font></center><CENTER>