PDA

View Full Version : Radio chatter fix

BaldieJr
02-03-2004, 10:55 AM
Add the ability to read other voice packs for 2,3,4 (etc) flights.

Lets say youre playing a RU campaign. In the RU speech folder, you'd have seperate sound folders for each flight to use *if they exist*.

The community will create the files.

It drives me nuts to hear other flights with the same voices as my flight.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
/---( _ // _(/ _ / __ ,""""]
+----/ ____)(_(_(/_(_(__(__(/____/__/ (__--------,' /---+
| / ( / ,' NR / |
|(_/ ..-""``"'-._ (_/ __,' 42 _/ |
+-.-"" "-..,____________/7,.--"" __]-----+

</pre>

BaldieJr
02-03-2004, 10:55 AM
Add the ability to read other voice packs for 2,3,4 (etc) flights.

Lets say youre playing a RU campaign. In the RU speech folder, you'd have seperate sound folders for each flight to use *if they exist*.

The community will create the files.

It drives me nuts to hear other flights with the same voices as my flight.

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

</pre>

JG77_Tintin
02-04-2004, 03:44 AM
Bump. Good call, drives me crazy also.

BaldieJr
02-04-2004, 01:22 PM
This is nuts. Constant requests for things that require large code-changes, and only 1 bumb for a simple request like this.

Show your support for 'doable' changes people.

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

</pre>

Cold_Gambler
02-04-2004, 01:26 PM
Excellent point... it's like they're all clones!
BUMPAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

widgeon
02-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Good one,eh.

Widgeon

Extreme_One
02-05-2004, 08:29 AM
I'm probably being a bit thick here but I'm not sure I understand the request.

"This is nuts. Constant requests for things that require large code-changes, and only 1 bumb for a simple request like this"

I do know what you mean mate :-

See here:- http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=846108971

S! Simon
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''
Download the RAF campaign folder here (http://www.netwings.org/library/Forgotten_Battles/Missions/index-9.html).

Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://www.netwings.org/library/Forgotten_Battles/Missions/index-9.html). *NEW* Updated for FB 1.21

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/raf_sig.jpg

BaldieJr
02-05-2004, 11:03 AM
Ok, I'll try to explain again.

Instead of a single voice-pack per army, I'd like to be able to add multiple voice-packs per army so that Flight 1 will use the default voices, while Flights 2-X would use other voice-packs IF AVAILABLE (if not, just use the default voices).

Its confusing to hear the same voices used in every flight.

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

</pre>

Mad_Hatter009
02-06-2004, 03:45 AM
It's not really the voices that bother me, it's the lack of flight call signs that I think is the problem (ie; red, yellow, blue, green). Extreme One and his crew did an excellent job of adding this feature in their RAF Campaign. As it stands right now anyone (ai) can call out "Fighters! Two o'clock!" and I have no way of knowing if it is someone in my flight or even my squadron. This is just a simple matter of adding a few lines into the existing voice packs (someone correct me if I am wrong on this, plz).The only problem that occures to me (imho) with this is that there can be more than one squadron in a mission, but I'm sure something can be worked out for that. If they worked it out in real life I'm sure we can make it work in the game. I don't believe adding more voice packs saying the same things as the existing ones will clear up the confusion.

WWSensei
02-06-2004, 07:14 AM
I've been complaining about the really poor radio chatter since IL2. If you have 4 Flight One's you can't distinguish between any of them. Speed and direction calls become useless because you don't know (unless you are the lead) which flight was just directed to turn.

When No 2 screams "Get him off my tail!" you don't know if it's your number two or some flight many kilometers away.

Lack of flight ID in the radio comms is a glaring bug since IL2. It is shocking to see something this bad in a sim that is otherwise pretty decent.

Lack of radio calls for even players is appalling. Say that you spot the enemy at your high 2 o'clock and you have no way of telling your wingmen.

I thought when they added the voice mod support we'd be able to correct this but that mod did almost nothing for us.

BaldieJr
02-09-2004, 09:24 AM
I'm bumping this because Oleg has not said "No", unlike the stupid muzzle-flash thread.

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

</pre>

Lixma
02-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Muzzle flash threads aren't stupid !

On topic....i turned off the speech ages ago but a volume slider for 'other flights' would have been nice to see. In F4 you can tell who's who just by the volume of their call. Lowering the volume may also help to give the voices a bit of individuality - lowering the sample rate for 'other flights' would be even better (some funky crackling etc) but probably technically not worth the hassle.

BaldieJr
02-09-2004, 02:10 PM
I think the muzzle flashes need to be bigger to be more realistic. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif

Honestly, the seperate volume would be perfect. Being able to just turn the other flights all the way down would be fine with me.

Some may complain that they'd never hear bombers cry for help, but after the mission I flew last night, I don't care. The AI in my flight totally irgnored bombers who were getting chewed to shreds... they were at 8 o'clock low, about 1.5 kilometers out. Go figure.

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

</pre>