PDA

View Full Version : Conqueror needs more combos, or feints.

Duskmare
03-03-2017, 11:56 PM
Hello!

Thanks to the recent change in mechanics, specifically the guard break mechanics, the conqueror has almost no viable attacks. Previously, he could guard break and begin his heavy attack, shield bash combo, now he can't because the guard break is too easy to counter. His heavy and light attacks are too slow to use without some sort of lead-in and are usually parried. The only viable move seems to be the shield bash guaranteed light attack. Which does almost nothing in terms of damage and once your opponent is caught a couple of times they simply dodge the rest.

The conqueror seems to have far less combos/moves in his move-list compared to other heros. So perhaps just adding some new lead-in moves would solve this problem. Until then the conqueror will see very little success in high-skilled matches.

Thank you!

nyrue
03-04-2017, 12:09 AM
first off they didn't make GBC any easier, and what the Conq really needs to be able to do is GBC while charging his heavy
it is absolutely his best move but is absolutely useless right now, it either gets parried or your opponent GB you for free, this move was designed to be released as a counter attack on block but waiting for a swing is just dangerous,

AkenoKobayashi
03-04-2017, 12:13 AM
Needs combos? Heavy, shield bash, heavy, shield bash, heavy, shield bash, repeat. He doesn't need anymore combos.

Duskmare
03-04-2017, 12:13 AM
first off they didn't make GBC any easier, and what the Conq really needs to be able to do is GBC while charging his heavy
it is absolutely his best move but is absolutely useless right now, it either gets parried or your opponent GB you for free, this move was designed to be released as a counter attack on block but waiting for a swing is just dangerous,

Yeah, I get what you mean. I use the charge up quite a lot but I almost never counter with it. I either use it to attack unexpectedly (because people assume you'll wait for an attack) or guard break out of it and catch them with it. You can also dash out of it which lets you use the shoulder bash too. :)
All of these are pretty easily countered though if the enemy is fast enough. Just block/parry/dodge and CGB.

LeonaPT
03-04-2017, 12:14 AM
Conqueror is already top tier and you want to give him more combos to make him even stronger.

No.

Duskmare
03-04-2017, 12:14 AM
Needs combos? Heavy, shield bash, heavy, shield bash, heavy, shield bash, repeat. He doesn't need anymore combos.

Yeah, except you can't catch anyone half-skilled with the heavy because they'll just block or parry it.
You have to lead in with a successful guard break. That's pretty much the only way to start that combo. Even then the enemy just has to dodge to the side of the shield bash and they're barely damaged.

hayesjo33
03-04-2017, 12:19 AM
They shouldn't let the conqueror GBC while charging the heavy, they should give you a very small window to release your heavy after they start their GB.

I've had bots do it to me before but I'm pretty sure that's because they read your inputs. As far as I've tried I've never been able to time it, only get lucky guessing when they go for the GB and it only works against lower tier players.

Duskmare
03-04-2017, 12:47 PM
They shouldn't let the conqueror GBC while charging the heavy, they should give you a very small window to release your heavy after they start their GB.

I've had bots do it to me before but I'm pretty sure that's because they read your inputs. As far as I've tried I've never been able to time it, only get lucky guessing when they go for the GB and it only works against lower tier players.

Nah, I actually think it's alright as it is. At the moment you can guard break out of it, so you can always catch them first. Plus it's faster than a standard heavy and has quite a bit of range on it so you can always get it off if you feel they're getting too close. Plus, it's good for baiting people to come closer, since guard breaks have to be up close and personal. :P

At the moment though I feel like the conqueror is just stuck spamming a couple of small combos. Like the shield bash light attack, or (if you manage to get a guard break) the heavy, shield bash, heavy, etc. (Though most players will dodge the shield bash because it's so predictable.) The Conqueror needs some new ways of attacking.